Is my hairline receding I’m only 16!

Dylan

• Administrators

It looks fairly normal to me, do you have pictures of when you were a child to compare?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

It looks OK, but obviously we don't know what it looked like before. If you think it's receding then take a picture in the same location and angle and lighting once a month for the next 6 to 12 months and compare them to see if it really is receding or not.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Look at family history. Mostly your maternal side: grandfather & uncles. Without pics of you maybe 2-3 years ago we can't tell if it's receded, only where it is currently.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

Based on the photo it seems you have a hairline in the middle of the forehead, common for someone young.  Eventually this will mature and recede.  Do ask your family members about history of hair loss and keep a log.  Take photos and put them away.  If you see things continuing in the next few years, go to a dermatologist or a hair transplant surgeon.  These consultations are typically free and they can be a good source of information. Depending on the outcome you can then decide if some type of medical therapy is appropriate.  Most doctors think that age 18 is OK to start using something.  Always consult with the doctor.  Lastly, you have very dark hair and light scalp. The contrast is always going to make things seem worse than what they truly are.  Like most said, don't freak out.  The stress, while not the culprit, can also attribute to faster loss.  Do your research and stay informed.

I agree with everyone here - particularly with Spex... Go live your life and have fun and save the hair loss stress for your 20s should you ever start noticing changes/accelerated loss. But for now, you seem to be in fantastic shape - and with a killer widow's peak! :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56