Lack of information about the hair transplant results

Hello

I have been having this concern ever since I joined this forum that while it's great for the transplant centers to post their successful HT surgeries, I feel they should also mention what package did the patient choose. Like many clinics nowadays have different packages,  the most expensive one where the main surgeon performs the incision/ or most part of HT to the other packages where they aren't much involved hands on. Like for example , Eugenix has 3 packages and they have been posting great results but I wonder,  if Dr Sethi/ Dr Bansal themselves performed those surgeries or the patient went with the other packages. Hoping to get all of your opinion on this

• Administrators

Why don’t you reach out to the clinic directly. I’m sure they’re willing to provide results for all of their packages, that way you can make an informed decision. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I can't say that I have ever heard of different packaged surgeries to choose from.

I know I would never allow anyone other than the surgeon of my choice to make the recipient incisions...in fact in many states, it's the law that only a licensed physician or possibly a licensed PA are allowed to make incisions in any surgical procedure.

But as we all know, the law is not always followed with more and more techs performing extractions, making incisions, etc.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@kevin20

The model that you speak of is a "medical tourism" business plan in countries such as Turkey. Any clinic offering such a price structure with little physician involvement should be avoided.

https://ishrs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/BlackMarketAwareCampaignISHRS-ENGLISH_PPT_PermissiontoUse4.10.19.pdf

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I agree with the previous answers. If a clinic you are considering has different service levels, then make sure you see the results. Although if you think about it, if you see results from the package that had minimal doc involvement, then how would you guarantee that the personnel involved are going to be the same? 

As a HT patient myself, a clinic offering different service levels (in terms of surgical involvement) is something that will make me reconsider. Having packages for accommodation or travel etc is fine, but not for surgical involvement. Thats only my personal take on it, with no disrespect to anyone’s business model.

• Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Moderators

In my mind any clinic offering a lower price for work done by all techs rather than a Dr is telling you one of two things (or both).

1. The Dr feels his work is better which means he doesn't really care if you get good work done because he's offering you the option of lower quality work done by the techs.

2. He feels the techs do just as good as he does, but he's charging you more for his time because he has better things to do than perform your surgery unless you pay him enough to make it worth his time. To me this says he only cares about money and not about how well your surgery turns out.

So either way,  I would not go to a clinic who had different price options like this. Now certainly there could be different prices depending on what type of procedure you needed, for example FUT, FUE, Body hair, but that is not the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

12 hours ago, Kevin20 said:

Hello

I have been having this concern ever since I joined this forum that while it's great for the transplant centers to post their successful HT surgeries, I feel they should also mention what package did the patient choose. Like many clinics nowadays have different packages,  the most expensive one where the main surgeon performs the incision/ or most part of HT to the other packages where they aren't much involved hands on. Like for example , Eugenix has 3 packages and they have been posting great results but I wonder,  if Dr Sethi/ Dr Bansal themselves performed those surgeries or the patient went with the other packages. Hoping to get all of your opinion on this

Hi Kevin, 

I get where you're coming from (I think :)) and understand as I had similar questions before I signed up with Eugenix for my HT. Specific to Eugenix, I'll share my understanding and I've also seen @Looking for HT, @ahmedabad_guytalk about this. 

Eugenix do HT's in Gurgaon and Mumbai. They have four main doctors in their Gurgaon. And, the packages they offer vary based on how much is the involvement from Dr. Sethi / Dr. Bansal. And, it will always be a doctor carrying out all parts of the transplant except the graft placement (done by technicians under Doctor's supervision). I belive this is the same with most doctors. 

In my case, I've gone for Option 1 (Top package) ,as I have assumed that the results shown here are primarily from Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, as I've read a post by @Melvin-Moderator that the recommendations here are for the doctors and not for the clinics. 

My experience with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal has been good so far and I'll keep the community updated. Hope this gives some clarity on what you're looking for. 

Thanks 

14 hours ago, Kevin20 said:

Hello

Hey buddy. I signed for option 1 and 100% incisions are done by Doctor Sethi/Bansal. The rest is partially done by them and supervised. Cost Rs 120 per graft. They offer 20% discount if you book 3 months before surgery date. 18% tax is extra. In Option 2, 100% incisions ARE NOT DONE by Dr Sethi/Bansal. Think their involvement might be around 20-30%. Not saying results wont be good but you will have to choose what you feel is best for you. @DXB001 had similar query and so did I. This is what I have gathered. Have a video call with Dr Sethi and please ask them directly as well and update us too. Cheers

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BeHappy said:

In my mind any clinic offering a lower price for work done by all techs rather than a Dr is telling you one of two things (or both).

1. The Dr feels his work is better which means he doesn't really care if you get good work done because he's offering you the option of lower quality work done by the techs.

2. He feels the techs do just as good as he does, but he's charging you more for his time because he has better things to do than perform your surgery unless you pay him enough to make it worth his time. To me this says he only cares about money and not about how well your surgery turns out.

So either way,  I would not go to a clinic who had different price options like this. Now certainly there could be different prices depending on what type of procedure you needed, for example FUT, FUE, Body hair, but that is not the same thing.

Or back in the real world, 3. not everyone has the same amount of money to spend but there is still demand in the market for a slightly lower tier of service. 

It really is ridiculous to pretend not to understand this, its complain for the sake of complaining. If money allows I'd certainly be recommending an option with more doctor participation, but its not realistic below a certain price point. The fact is that even if you have the best surgeon in the world located in India they cannot charge the same rates as a top surgeon surgeon in the United States can because of demand and their potential customers willingness to spend, so they ought to act accordingly to market demand. If people want the service and results are good enough to keep customers happy and coming back, there's zero reason to criticise beyond elitism.

If the demand exists and they think they can still provide a reasonable service to more people and make more money, only a complete idiot would pretend there is something wrong with this. Based on results these surgeons easily do the best work in India on top of that, its not even close.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 9:57 PM, JayLDD said:

Or back in the real world, 3. not everyone has the same amount of money to spend but there is still demand in the market for a slightly lower tier of service. 

It really is ridiculous to pretend not to understand this, its complain for the sake of complaining. If money allows I'd certainly be recommending an option with more doctor participation, but its not realistic below a certain price point. The fact is that even if you have the best surgeon in the world located in India they cannot charge the same rates as a top surgeon surgeon in the United States can because of demand and their potential customers willingness to spend, so they ought to act accordingly to market demand. If people want the service and results are good enough to keep customers happy and coming back, there's zero reason to criticise beyond elitism.

If the demand exists and they think they can still provide a reasonable service to more people and make more money, only a complete idiot would pretend there is something wrong with this. Based on results these surgeons easily do the best work in India on top of that, its not even close.

you have absolutely nailed it @JayLDD. I can't agree with you more on this topic. One thing i will add for all the members who are looking for surgeons shortlist your doctors follow their work for at least 6 to 12 to see what kind of results doctors are producing talk to  patients who had surgery done at least 3-4 and then go with full confidence for your surgery without thinking twice. Always remember to speak to the doctors and get everything clarified prior to the surgery.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:45 AM, DXB001 said:

Hi Kevin, 

I get where you're coming from (I think :)) and understand as I had similar questions before I signed up with Eugenix for my HT. Specific to Eugenix, I'll share my understanding and I've also seen @Looking for HT, @ahmedabad_guytalk about this. 

Eugenix do HT's in Gurgaon and Mumbai. They have four main doctors in their Gurgaon. And, the packages they offer vary based on how much is the involvement from Dr. Sethi / Dr. Bansal. And, it will always be a doctor carrying out all parts of the transplant except the graft placement (done by technicians under Doctor's supervision). I belive this is the same with most doctors. 

In my case, I've gone for Option 1 (Top package) ,as I have assumed that the results shown here are primarily from Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, as I've read a post by @Melvin-Moderator that the recommendations here are for the doctors and not for the clinics. 

My experience with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal has been good so far and I'll keep the community updated. Hope this gives some clarity on what you're looking for. 

Thanks 

@Kevin20 i think @DXB001 has answered your questions. If you still have doubts go to my thread i have covered everything in detail