"Classic" 2,600 Graft HT | Dr. Blake Bloxham | Feller & Bloxham, NY, NYC, Long Island

Today I wanted to present what is likely our most common and most "classic" case: the 2,500 graft -- or 2,600 graft in this instance -- FUT case. While we see patients with all types of hair loss, it seems like the most common are males with advanced -- or advancing -- hair loss, and we typically say they will likely want to do two procedures over time: a 2,500-ish graft FUT mega-session now for the hairline, frontal scalp and transition into the mid-scalp; and another 2,500-ish graft FUT mega-session later to finish the mid-scalp and address the crown. Doing two large FUTs tends to, in my opinion, provide good coverage from "front to back" and leave patients in the best situation for the long-term. They should have a good incision line scar and plenty of grafts left for more potential work (done via FUT or FUE) if needed. 

So here is one of those "classic cases:"

Male physician in his late 20's headed to a NW V-VI pattern; we recommended two planned FUT procedures of approximately 2,500 grafts a piece; he did the first (hairline, frontal scalp, and mid-scalp transition) in winter of 2017, and the second (finished the mid-scalp and crown) in winter of 2018. 

Here are a few comparison pictures of his 10 month results from the first procedure. As usual, I highly encourage all to watch the video. Video is the ULTIMATE way to present a hair transplant result. This video includes the result, detailed comb-through (HD), and footage of the incision line (FUT scar). 

Photos: 

1549076640_39816061comp.thumb.jpg.ebe899dc7ea75bbc988a4c5cb7e35438.jpg1134148724_39876062comp.thumb.jpg.0df57afe3e203b152378d991dd487845.jpg2086332754_39916068comp.thumb.jpg.724f329df5b622ec71f251b1a1193f55.jpg1940518756_39926072comp.thumb.jpg.df7c01e4e2ddc9550355c04b47f37d61.jpg1677351376_39946074comp.thumb.jpg.53bed5569592a6674f28553badf29dcf.jpg2130214385_39956076comp.thumb.jpg.0068428c801a1adc4866bc0cd1eac0cf.jpg

Video: 

Thank you for reading and commenting. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham 

Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC (www.fellermedical.com) 

• Like 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

PA, 

Thank you. 

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Recession and Cosmo, 

Thank you for the kind words. That was absolutely the strategy here: natural, conservative, and a smart use of grafts to achieve a satisfying result in the "long term." 

5 hours ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

Recession and Cosmo, 

Thank you for the kind words. That was absolutely the strategy here: natural, conservative, and a smart use of grafts to achieve a satisfying result in the "long term." 

Nice case.  Thos should be the goal of all surgeries. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

2600 grafts went a long way!  Natural and conservative, however, key point here is it is a distinct change and noticeable successful distinct improvement.  Ive seen some other docs post similar cases but the outcome is as they say so subtle that it is next to questionable(and for the money spent, not worthwhile)— here on the other hand it is distinct face enhancing improvement for the better.  Great work!

Spanker and Sean, 

Thank you very much for the kind words. Glad the community liked the presentation.