Scalp Donor area 7 months post FUE by Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

abixx

• 1 month later...

Hi @abixx,

Not to be too negative, but your donor area looks patchy and overharvested in some areas. I can see a kind of "line" across the bottom of the extraction area, and the far left side is overharvested. The doctor could have extracted a bit lower, without getting into the nape hair. If you're not likely to progress to a NW7, he could have extracted higher up. That way, he could have left your donor area overall denser, and blended the extracted area with the unextracted areas so that no macro irregularities would exist. He also really overextracted from the far left side. It almost looks like he took 70%+ of the hairs in a small region, but it's hard to tell. That's not natural looking, but for some reason I guess Dr Bhatti likes to really take a lot of grafts from behind the ears. I can't see the far right side, but I imagine he overextracted from there too, as that's how he did mine and after my procedure I noticed that in patient photos, the areas behind the ears were overextracted. The only positive thing is that I can't see any obvious hypopigmentation. But that may just be because so many extractions were done in a small area, that instead of "dots" there is a "sea" of extraction scars. Scratch that, I can see some hypopigmentation dots along the left side, but I don't think anyone would notice.

Say goodbye to ever being able to buzz your hair without a "machined" jagged, narrow, and somewhat horizontal strip across the back of your scalp.

That said, I think if you had a few hundred grafts implanted into the horizontal "line" across the bottom of the extraction area, and some more into the overextracted areas, it would really reduce the "machined" appearance. It would look natural then, although still thinner than it had to be.

Edited by Nebulosity