Finasteride doesn't work for us all.

Hey all,

I've been on Fin for about two years, a bit more actually, at a dosage of 1mg.

My hair seemed to stabilise, but now I've underwent a huge shed for like 6 months, and my temple has receded.

Fin doesn't seem to be really working for my hair, which is the case for some people apparently.

My question is: if the hairs in our safe zones are DHT resistant, would it make sense that even if fin cannot stop all your native hair from falling, it may provide enough of a buffer that your safe zone hairs are essentially safe for as long as you take it?

I'm just thinking, as if all my hair is gonna go despite fin, whether there is any point getting a transplant.

Might be a question for researchers/doctor's, but thought I'd ask as this forum is so knowledgeable.

Cheers 

Edited by bonkling

Not really sure I understand what you are asking bud. The hairs in your safe zone will not be going with or without finasteride. They are resistant no matter what. Finasterise is known to work better for crown and midscalp. For some reason it has a hard time keeping hold of the hairline 

Edited by Upshall

46 minutes ago, Upshall said:

Not really sure I understand what you are asking bud. The hairs in your safe zone will not going with or without finasteride. They are resistant no matter what. Finasterise is known to work better for crown and midscalp. For some reason it has a hard time keeping hold of the hairline 

He probably worded it terribly, haha. 

But yeah, that makes sense if you get it. The DHT doesn't impact the hairs on the back, as they are already resistant.

Edited by Greg_Swanson

29 minutes ago, Upshall said:

Not really sure I understand what you are asking bud. The hairs in your safe zone will not going with or without finasteride. They are resistant no matter what. Finasterise is known to work better for crown and midscalp. For some reason it has a hard time keeping hold of the hairline 

And that's interesting, i didn't know that. 

That's what I'm experiencing now, the hairline loss.