Hey, I’m 17 years old and noticed that my whorl looked larger than it had in the past. Does this look like the beginning stages of balding or is it nothing to worry about?349B0415-335B-4920-95B7-973C4FBD9C20.thumb.jpeg.ac96f85d1cca30c135c3e0774397d276.jpeg

Hard to tell. Try taking a pic of it wet. Might give a better idea of what’s going on beneath.

In my opinion it's  a whorl. 😎

Regards

Spex

I don't see anything to worry about there. As you're concerned though, you could take pics every few months under consistent lighting and see if anything changes, but I don't think it will.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Looks too early to tell...if it gets more pronounced with more scalp showing, than you want to see a doctor experienced in treating hair loss.

What is your family history for possible MPB on both the maternal and paternal sides of your family?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY