2663 - FUE - Dr Lupanzula - May 14th 2019

I finally did it! I was on Propecia for 10 years I believe it dramatically slowed down my loss ( no side effect), I had a 1 year break because i got freaked out by all the stuff I read online but then went back on Propeica. 

So, Biotin, pumpkin seed tablets, laser comb, minox for the rest. 

My hair loss pattern is not even which is also not unusual. So anyone with uneven hair loss, hopefully my post helps. 

After months of research and coming out of a long term relationship I thought Its better I get the HT now while I am single then I can jump back in the game with confidence haha. Hopefully it pay's off 😂

So I decided on Lupanzula. A number of factors went into my decision. I was in the range of 2200-2660 so got an extra 63 grafts in the top end. 

Literally finished surgery a few hours ago so this post is fresssssh - Fingers Crossed. I will post monthly updates. I pledge not to ghost once's I start seeing results. 

DSC_6593 copy.png

DSC_6604 copy.png

DSC_6625.jpg

DSC_6626.jpg

DSC_6627.jpg

DSC_6628.jpg

DSC_6629.jpg

DSC_6630.jpg

DSC_6631.jpg

DSC_6594.jpg

DSC_6596.jpg

DSC_6597.jpg

DSC_6598.jpg

20180922_231920.jpg

DSC_6600 copy.png

DSC_6602 copy.png

Edited by ahmeda87
  • Like 1

Congratulations! I'm really glad that you have decided to share your experience. I can't stress how important this is for the community in enabling them to make an informed decision on clinic/surgeon and even deciding whether hair transplantation is right for them. I know we will be in touch but I'm looking forward to seeing the journey unfold on here. Happy healing and growing.

Scott
Representative and patient advisor for Medikemos
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation
Phone: +447855544669

Edited by Scott Medikemos
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scott Medikemos said:

Congratulations! I'm really glad that you have decided to share your experience. I can't stress how important this is for the community in enabling them to make an informed decision on clinic/surgeon and even deciding whether hair transplantation is right for them. I know we will be in touch but I'm looking forward to seeing the journey unfold on here. Happy healing and growing.

Scott
Representative and patient advisor for Medikemos
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation
Phone: +447855544669

Thanks Scott, will continue documenting and hopefully it helps more people. As I got frustrated during my research when people just went silent after a while. I don't want to do that.

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Work looks very clean and you are healing well. Dr Lupanzula is another who leaves the donor looking in clean, tidy condition after a procedure.

exactly. Donor management is just as important as the recipient area. 

Very clean donor, that punch is very small...

Try to sleep partially elevated to help with the swelling, and don't lean forward (like looking at cell phone). Be very gentle with your post-op care, there's no rush. Taking care of your HT is the most important thing, so move slowly when addressing your head care. I personally preach against direct shower pressure on your HT. Try to place hand over the showerhead and let water flow down onto your head - or use a pitcher to rinse. I see you did your own research, but we're all here to help should you need it. 

Best of luck.

Please keep us updated on your progress! 

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• Administrators

Thanks for creating your journey, I’m glad you’ve created such a comprehensive write-up. Please consider creating a patient website, I think the community would really benefit from it.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for creating your journey, I’m glad you’ve created such a comprehensive write-up. Please consider creating a patient website, I think the community would really benefit from it.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

Thanks dude. Will keep documenting. As it was very frustrating for me when people would drop off after getting a little bit of results. So hopefully a full progress of my journey will help. Obviously a very long way to gooooooo 

Day 9: 

So I stayed in Brussels for 12 days as I wanted to heal properly. As I have my own business I can run it from my laptop so that made the longer stay easier. 

Today is my last day here and while I was here, Dr Lupanzula insisted I come see him nearly everyday for a wash and check up which I thought was amazing of him because I can imagine how busy he is. 

My experience with Dr Lupanzula + his team was incredible, he really does take a patient first approach. He is a very humble and down to earth guy, always putting himself in the shoes of the patient. I did a lot of research before my HT and met with a lot of Dr's but Dr Lupanzula was the only Dr that made me feel 100000% comfortable. 

As you can see, Donor area looks good. I still have discomfort in my donor area but that is because my nerves are more sensitive than normal. Washing off the scabs slowly on the top and still discoloured from the trauma. So that will take time to heal. Dr said I can wear a cap now rather than the usual bandana. 

Now time for the most important part. The waiting game for the results. I will aim to post once a month. 

20190523_140033.jpg

20190523_140045.jpg

20190523_140054.jpg

20190523_160838.jpg

20190523_160855.jpg

Edited by ahmeda87

• 3 weeks later...

Day 31: The Paranoid Phase + PRP

I came to Brussels today for session 2 of PRP. I noticed the past few days an increase in shedding and when Dr Lupanzula was cleaning my head a lot of hair came off on his wipes. 

I read a lot about the shedding phase and even though it is totally 100% normal, it can still play with your mind.... All part of the journey I guess. 

I am a little worried about the gaps in my donor area (sides) but Dr said it would fill up with time. Happen to anyone else?

Time for the worst part of the HT.... The Shedding. 

In the pics my hair looks wet. That is all the PRP "juice" haha 

20190613_145742.jpg

20190613_150207.jpg

20190613_150216.jpg

20190613_150224.jpg

20190613_151508.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Week 7 : 😭😪

The shedding is brutal. I have a feeling I have lost some of my native hair (shock loss). Is it normal to also shed native hair? As I am comparing the pics of my shaved hair before the HT (as you can see above) and I certainly have more native hair than now?

Also what do you think of my donor area? I think maybe that still needs time to recover?

I had my back and sides shaved blade 1 two weeks ago

Feedback pleaseeeee 

20190629_190207.png

20190629_190223.png

20190629_190258.jpg

20190629_190359.jpg

20190629_190502.jpg

My crown went worse post ht like yours which worried me but went back to normal after a few months  I would try not to worry and play the long game you have choose a good doctor so sure your results will be good 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MarshallUK said:

My crown went worse post ht like yours which worried me but went back to normal after a few months  I would try not to worry and play the long game you have choose a good doctor so sure your results will be good 

thanks for that. Shedding of HT hairs and shock loss of native hairs is a shaky experience. Glad to know I am not alone 

I can remember actually thinking I would need a 2nd ht asap which really frustrated me but a few months later its back to normal and looks fine. I might get it a 2nd one on the crown in the future if it gets worse but that was always the plan enjoy the process because once the ugly duckling phase is gone it's a good ride.

• Like 1

• Administrators

You're in the dreaded ugly duckling phase. Don't worry the gaps in the donor area should improve as the months go by, I had the same issues. That said, you will have less overall density in the donor area, so just be mindful of that. Everything looks on track I am excited to see your progress.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, MarshallUK said:

I can remember actually thinking I would need a 2nd ht asap which really frustrated me but a few months later its back to normal and looks fine. I might get it a 2nd one on the crown in the future if it gets worse but that was always the plan enjoy the process because once the ugly duckling phase is gone it's a good ride.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. A few months under a cap it is for me then haha