2663 - FUE - Dr Lupanzula - May 14th 2019

Going by the pictures, think it's great progress at 7.5 months. You still have 4.5 months minimum to see maturation of the transplanted hairs but think it all looks on track. Have you got a picture of the hairline exposed so we can see the issue with it being gappy? 

Edited by Fozzie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Going by the pictures, think it's great progress at 7.5 months. You still have 4.5 months minimum to see maturation of the transplanted hairs but think it all looks on track. Have you got a picture of the hairline exposed so we can see the issue with it being gappy? You still have 4.5 months minimum to see maturation of the transplanted hairs but think it all looks on track.

I try get a better picture, basically its just abit "see through" at the front when I try to stick my hair up. I will put abit of dry wax/putty in it and try take a picture. 

10 hours ago, karatekid said:

Looks great man! I see improvement from the previous pics, Im Happy for you. Thanks for sharing!

btw are you taking medictions?

thanks will try get a picture of the front. I use minoxidil, 1mg finasteride and just biotin or multivits. 

• Administrators

How many months are you now? Have you been in contact with the clinic?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How many months are you now? Have you been in contact with the clinic?

7.5 months. the rest of the hair is great, just the hairline is the worry for me. I will speak to the clinic today. 

• 1 month later...
Month 9 + 8 days : 

Positive. I can wear my hear without nanogon (hair fibres) when styles forward ONLY. Top and mid is filled in a lot but my hair is quite long. I will get a cut soon and see if I can still wear my hair without nanogon when styled forward. 
Negative. Hairline is very spare. Within Nanogon and Vo5 putty I can JUST ABOUT style the front of my hair up.... but close up you can see gaps still. 

Please Note : I do not part my hair, its just for demonstration so you can see the difference compared to the start. 

Dr Lupanzula said he could fix this but I need to wait until month 12. Maybe 500-700 grafts?

20200220_115247.jpg

20200220_115425.png

20200220_115435.jpg

20200220_115510.png

20200221_111509.png

20200221_113214.png

DSC_6598-2.jpg.ddf80e565758578a7ed638e9aa89627d.jpg.24dbf1fb293491d900ecce53c0e180fd.jpg.f86d4238a7181c0892ebc37270f73a3c.jpg

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, ahmeda87 said:

any other opinions? 😁

I think it looks really decent pushed back. From the front facing forward pics the body of your hair looks really nice even with a weaker hairline. You most certainly don’t look like you’ve had a transplant.

I have a few questions though.  What does it look like top down pushed back? How do you normally style it? Now that it’s got some nice body to it are you happy with it or would you want more density?

I would also want a stronger hairline if I were in your shoes and understand why you want more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steeeve said:

I think it looks really decent pushed back. From the front facing forward pics the body of your hair looks really nice even with a weaker hairline. You most certainly don’t look like you’ve had a transplant.

I have a few questions though.  What does it look like top down pushed back? How do you normally style it? Now that it’s got some nice body to it are you happy with it or would you want more density?

I would also want a stronger hairline if I were in your shoes and understand why you want more.

so normally i style i flat and forward but I want to be able to have the front up. In the pictures it does not look that back but in real life it could certainly do with more density at the front. 

overall I am super happy and hope the front fills in more. If not, I think its a minor touch up of 300 grafts at the front?

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
23 minutes ago, ahmeda87 said:

so normally i style i flat and forward but I want to be able to have the front up. In the pictures it does not look that back but in real life it could certainly do with more density at the front. 

overall I am super happy and hope the front fills in more. If not, I think its a minor touch up of 300 grafts at the front?

Yeah, I understand, I would want to push it back as well. I agree it could use some more density in the hairline and I think if you have the means you should go for it!!

Does it make you self conscious to go out without fibers or clay? Have you tried? No judgement if you haven’t. Believe me, I understand!! Haha

You and I had our transplants only Month or so apart. I’m 10 months and 7 days today. I’m kind of in the same boat as you in that I’d like a little more density in my hairline but at the moment I’m really more concentrated on closing in the rest of my midsection and crown.

You've made a drastic change in your appearance! I would be ecstatic! Congrats!!

Edited by Steeeve
  • Like 2

• Administrators

^well said 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the update Ahmeda87.

I think your result looks fantastic so far and I expect this to improve further up until the 15 month time point as the new hairs mature and thicken.

The parting down the middle is a good way to track and measure progress but it ultimately exposes the true density of a HT which can never stand up to the density of native hair.

Dr. Lupanzula will review your case at 12 months as agreed and we will then make a judgement on the final result collaboratively taking into account your opinion and by also revisiting initial goals.

Thanks for giving you feedback.

Scott
Patient Liaison Manager
MEDIKEMOS Clinic

Email: scott@medikemos.com
Mobile:+447855544669
Instagram: scott_medikemos

To learn more about our clinic, Dr. Lupanzula's work and our results, you could visit the following websites:
Our English language website:

http://fuehairdoctor.co.uk/
https://medikemosclinic.com/en/

We are the only clinic in Belgium recommended by The Hair Transplant Mentor™
https://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/belgium-hair-transplant/

Take a virtual tour of our clinic.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVd48WxAmq0oQeV6GBgJK8CbTyNiVes_S

View the best hair transplant results videos on Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

Medikemos Hair Transplantation
263 Av. Brugmann, 1180 Bruxelles Belgique

Edited by Scott Medikemos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Yeah, I understand, I would want to push it back as well. I agree it could use some more density in the hairline and I think if you have the means you should go for it!!

Does it make you self conscious to go out without fibers or clay? Have you tried? No judgement if you haven’t. Believe me, I understand!! Haha

You and I had our transplants only Month or so apart. I’m 10 months and 7 days today. I’m kind of in the same boat as you in that I’d like a little more density in my hairline but at the moment I’m really more concentrated on closing in the rest of my midsection and crown.

You've made a drastic change in your appearance! I would be ecstatic! Congrats!!

I am happy to go out with my hair flat only without anything and not self conscious which I actually do sometimes to give my hair a break from fibres and hair gel/putty.

Overall I am super happy. My only objective is to be able to wear my hair up at the front even if it requires a little bit of assistance from hair fibres. 

3 hours ago, Scott Medikemos said:

Thanks for the update Ahmeda87.

I think your result looks fantastic so far and I expect this to improve further up until the 15 month time point as the new hairs mature and thicken.

The parting down the middle is a good way to track and measure progress but it ultimately exposes the true density of a HT which can never stand up to the density of native hair.

Dr. Lupanzula will review your case at 12 months as agreed and we will then make a judgement on the final result collaboratively taking into account your opinion and by also revisiting initial goals.

Thanks for giving you feedback.

Scott
Patient Liaison Manager
MEDIKEMOS Clinic

Email: scott@medikemos.com
Mobile:+447855544669
Instagram: scott_medikemos

To learn more about our clinic, Dr. Lupanzula's work and our results, you could visit the following websites:
Our English language website:

http://fuehairdoctor.co.uk/
https://medikemosclinic.com/en/

We are the only clinic in Belgium recommended by The Hair Transplant Mentor™
https://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/belgium-hair-transplant/

Take a virtual tour of our clinic.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVd48WxAmq0oQeV6GBgJK8CbTyNiVes_S

View the best hair transplant results videos on Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

Medikemos Hair Transplantation
263 Av. Brugmann, 1180 Bruxelles Belgique

Totally agree, its all about the illusion of density and not trying to rewind the clock to how my hair was when I was 16. I look forward to meeting Dr Lupanzula in April. 

13 minutes ago, 83mjs said:

I think your transplant has been a great success. To be honest it looks like you can wear your hair brushed back if it is styled properly. I like it.

thank you. Yes overall I am super happy. 

• 2 months later...

12 months: Overall massive important and happy considering it was only 2664 grafts to cover a large area. 

Hard to tell but the hairline certainly need's a touch up. I spoke to the Dr and he also agreed that maybe 600 grafts. As styling my hair up even with hair fibres looks abit gappy/spare 

HOWEVER I can wear my hair forward without hair gel or hair fibres so that is a massive plus. 

Hair is super long due to obvious reasons haha. Hopefully barbers open up soon. 

20200516_144842.jpg

20200516_154318.jpg

20200516_154939.jpg

20200516_155039.jpg

20200516_155247.jpg

IMG-20200516-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200516-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200516-WA0011.jpg

DSC_6598-2.jpg.ddf80e565758578a7ed638e9aa89627d.jpg.24dbf1fb293491d900ecce53c0e180fd.jpg.f86d4238a7181c0892ebc37270f73a3c.jpg.abf2615c7f4f924c53efe574fa685125.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ahmad yaar, your hair look great. Not just that, but the quality of your photos is superb too. Your review was one of the reasons I went with Dr L myself (in March, so I'm in the ugly duckling stage right now), so thanks for sharing your experience - it definitely helps others.

PS - just my view, but I think your hairline looks just fine. Maybe leave it a for a while longer before having another op?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baalloss said:

Ahmad yaar, your hair look great. Not just that, but the quality of your photos is superb too. Your review was one of the reasons I went with Dr L myself (in March, so I'm in the ugly duckling stage right now), so thanks for sharing your experience - it definitely helps others.

PS - just my view, but I think your hairline looks just fine. Maybe leave it a for a while longer before having another op?

amazing, glad my journey was the one of the reasons you picked him. Its important that we add super High quality pics.... and I cant believe its 12 months. As mentioned its hard to tell in the pictures but the hairline could do with a slight fix.... however I will continue to wait as I am mostly happy with the huge fix on the mid and front scalp. You should post about your journey. 

Nice result man very thick and natural.

i genuinely think the hairline is looking good too. Wouldn’t notice it was gappy only you said it.

You have a good doner so why not touch it up ! 

5 hours ago, ahmeda87 said:

12 months: Overall massive important and happy considering it was only 2664 grafts to cover a large area. 

Hard to tell but the hairline certainly need's a touch up. I spoke to the Dr and he also agreed that maybe 600 grafts. As styling my hair up even with hair fibres looks abit gappy/spare 

HOWEVER I can wear my hair forward without hair gel or hair fibres so that is a massive plus. 

Hair is super long due to obvious reasons haha. Hopefully barbers open up soon. 

20200516_144842.jpg

20200516_154318.jpg

20200516_154939.jpg

20200516_155039.jpg

20200516_155247.jpg

IMG-20200516-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200516-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200516-WA0011.jpg

DSC_6598-2.jpg.ddf80e565758578a7ed638e9aa89627d.jpg.24dbf1fb293491d900ecce53c0e180fd.jpg.f86d4238a7181c0892ebc37270f73a3c.jpg.abf2615c7f4f924c53efe574fa685125.jpg

Huge improvement, congrats. 

probably wouldn’t take that many grafts to add some more definition and density to your hairline. 

sorry if I missed it, but what’s your age?

planning to stay on fin indefinitely? 

• Like 1