2663 - FUE - Dr Lupanzula - May 14th 2019

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You're in the dreaded ugly duckling phase. Don't worry the gaps in the donor area should improve as the months go by, I had the same issues. That said, you will have less overall density in the donor area, so just be mindful of that. Everything looks on track I am excited to see your progress.

Thanks dude, appreciate the feedback. This phase is surly a shaky experience as I was not expecting my native hairs to fall out. Understand donor will be less sense, just hope with time it looks less gappy. How long did it take you to see regrowth? 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ahmeda87 said:

Thanks dude, appreciate the feedback. This phase is surly a shaky experience as I was not expecting my native hairs to fall out. Understand donor will be less sense, just hope with time it looks less gappy. How long did it take you to see regrowth? 

Took my donor about 6 months to fully heal. The first picture was taken a few weeks after my surgery, the other picture was taken at around 12 months.

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Took my donor about 6 months to fully heal. The first picture was taken a few weeks after my surgery, the other picture was taken at around 12 months.

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

ohhh wow that is amazing recovery. I guess it is a slow slowwww road. How about the recipient area?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, ahmeda87 said:

ohhh wow that is amazing recovery. I guess it is a slow slowwww road. How about the recipient area?

I started seeing light growth around the 4th month and really good growth by the 6th month. That said, I am a bit of an early grower. So, if you don't see great growth at 6 months do not be discouraged.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

43 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I started seeing light growth around the 4th month and really good growth by the 6th month. That said, I am a bit of an early grower. So, if you don't see great growth at 6 months do not be discouraged.

Thanks dude. Hopefully my PRP sessions speed up my growth 

• 2 weeks later...

All looks pretty normal to be honest. The thinner parts in the donor area look to be recovering and I'd imagine will look fine in a few months. Recipient area looks OK to but ordinarily can't really gauge too much in the first 3 months in terms of growth. Know it's difficult but in the first 3 months I probably wouldn't over analyse things too much and just let nature takes its course.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

You're just 4 months in today right? Then the ugly duckling stage should just be finishing and this is when you hopefully start seeing some noticeable growth. The hairs at this stage should be pretty weak as the hair shaft is still developing and has to go through more cycles to get thicker and reach full maturity

Although your hair is cut at different lengths from the photos you provided, a simple comparison between them reveals your hair in the 4 month photo looks more uniform, meaning  i suspect growth has already begun (whereas your hair in the pre-op photo looks really bare).

Realistically Month 4 is way too early for most to assess their growth (took me until month9-10 to hit full density with my first FUE) so hopefully in the next month or so you;ll see some improvements. Just a waiting game at this stage buddy :)

As for hair fibres i used them after 4 weeks. There are other threads on it, and ask your doc https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54981-hair-fibers-after-hair-transplant-surgeons-recomandations/

Keep us updated :)

correct 4 months. Yes I am seeing some growth. just got worried as some people have a head full of hair at month 4. Ye I get the waiting game can be stressful at time 😁 Thanks about the post on hair fibres. 

Edited by ahmeda87
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Clear improvement and overall you are heading in the right direction. 5.5 months is still early and wouldn't worry too much about density at the moment. I'd certainly be happy with how things are going if I was in your shoes considering your pre-op situation.

Edited by Fozzie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Clear improvement and overall you are heading in the right direction. 5.5 months is still early and wouldn't worry too much about density at the moment. I'd certainly be happy with how things are going if I was in your shoes considering your pre-op situation.

oh ye certainly a great improvement. I only use a little bit of hair fibres but hopefully i can completely stop using them soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, karatekid said:

@ahmeda87 any updates? The last  pics you post look very nice and definitely great improvement from where you start. But the scalp is pretty visible in the middle, hope it getting better

Will be posting new pics soon. maybe tomorrow if I get time :) Merry Christmas. 

7.5 months -  Pro - I no longer need to wear nanogen/hair fibres - that is ONLY  if I style my hair flat and forward as you can see in the picture. 

Con - my hairline at the front is still gappy so if I style my hair up at the front then I need nanogen/hair fibres 

Please Note** I do not part my hair, only for demonstration  purposes. The 90's are over. 😂

What do you think so far?

20191225_150206.png

20191225_150420.jpg

20191225_150505.jpg

20191225_150713(0)(0).jpg

20191225_151438.jpg

20191227_170245.jpg

20191227_170345.jpg

DSC_6598-2.jpg.ddf80e565758578a7ed638e9aa89627d.jpg.24dbf1fb293491d900ecce53c0e180fd.jpg

Edited by ahmeda87