H&W, Hattingen, Konior, Feriduni, Devroye, or Bisanga for FUT?

Hello Hello, 

I had a FUT with Rahal back in 2013 and received 2949 grafts. Based on your feedback and my research, I've decided another FUT is best before I start going the FUE route. I'm in the process of submitting my online consultation forms with these surgeons. Hopefully soon I will know their recommendations. 

Any pros and cons you can share on these elite surgeons? Thank you in advance for all of your help!

IMG_5291_LI.jpg

IMG_5878.JPG

InkedIMG_5077_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_5079_LI.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

20 hours ago, spex said:

Hi there, 

Welcome. Dr Rahal is an excellent choice too so might be worth discussing your previous case to. Regarding your questions about other surgeons. You are pretty much looking at the Harlem Globe Trotters there and ALL excellent surgeons who've proven to be very consistent with FUT ands FUE

Try meet with as many as you can in person or speak to them via spoke etc and get a feel for them. I know a few of the personal and they are very caring, skilful ethical surgeons.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards

SPEX

Spex, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me! Also, thanks for all you’ve done for all of us hair loss sufferers over the years. Even though I have way more to learn, I’ve learned quite a bit from you already. 

I will do my best to speak to them and get a feel for them as well. 

Appreciate you! 

All good options. Do you have before & after pictures with your procedure with Rahal? I'm going with Hattingen in November, so I'm biased. But all good options.

Edited by mhaider1991
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mhaider1991 said:

All good options. Do you have before & after pictures with your procedure with Rahal? I'm going with Hattingen in November, so I'm biased. But all good options.

Thanks for the feedback man and happy to hear you have a date scheduled with Hattingen! If you don’t mind, what made you decide on Hattingen and do you live in the US? Will this be your first HT?

78D0964E-F7DF-4625-ACA0-767BBAA2A140.jpeg

CB3063A9-9F83-4090-8669-672A2F29656F.jpeg

63C0082B-0EAC-4D02-9D59-08763BE25A23.jpeg

F0C696AA-D078-43DF-9536-0015858D20B1.jpeg

72EA10AE-4858-4B7E-8B61-B37CFB0F562D.jpeg

6A49AAE6-9ED5-401F-8B02-B8FBD2E05839.jpeg

6A3C4C24-6890-40AD-BD5D-CE4EAADC4A5E.jpeg

On 5/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, hairlineman said:

Hello Hello, 

I had a FUT with Rahal back in 2013 and received 2949 grafts. Based on your feedback and my research, I've decided another FUT is best before I start going the FUE route. I'm in the process of submitting my online consultation forms with these surgeons. Hopefully soon I will know their recommendations. 

Any pros and cons you can share on these elite surgeons? Thank you in advance for all of your help!

IMG_5291_LI.jpg

IMG_5878.JPG

InkedIMG_5077_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_5079_LI.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

I think that using your available scalp donor for the frontal zone and beard hair for the midscalp as fillers would be more than sufficient. With an FUE only maybe. And also maybe use medications to stop further progression if there is any?  Why are you planning to go for another FUT prior to an FUE? Is it because you don't want to use your beard hair for the transplantation?

• Thanks 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

42 minutes ago, capelli austria said:

Hello,

I've been to Hattingen Hair twice. I had a large area to transplant, with very thin caliber donor hair . For me the realistic advice, the objective assessment, the results and the aftercare were very important. Pictures say more than words.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1707

Regards

capelli

Fantastic results! Hattingen really is special and has been under the radar for years. They are a bit underrepresented and that's partially their fault (or rather a European thing since they can't show their results that openly). This is truly a magnificent change, especially considering the loss you had. I'm due for Hattingen later on in the year, couldn't be more happier to see your results.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hairlineman said:

Thanks for the feedback man and happy to hear you have a date scheduled with Hattingen! If you don’t mind, what made you decide on Hattingen and do you live in the US? Will this be your first HT?

78D0964E-F7DF-4625-ACA0-767BBAA2A140.jpeg

CB3063A9-9F83-4090-8669-672A2F29656F.jpeg

63C0082B-0EAC-4D02-9D59-08763BE25A23.jpeg

F0C696AA-D078-43DF-9536-0015858D20B1.jpeg

72EA10AE-4858-4B7E-8B61-B37CFB0F562D.jpeg

6A49AAE6-9ED5-401F-8B02-B8FBD2E05839.jpeg

6A3C4C24-6890-40AD-BD5D-CE4EAADC4A5E.jpeg

Looks like Dr. Rahal did a solid job on you! Yes, I am in the U.S. I chose Hattingen Hair because I felt extremely comfortable with them, after a few places I was considering. You can actually private message me and I can explain in more detail.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

I think that using your available scalp donor for the frontal zone and beard hair for the midscalp as fillers would be more than sufficient. With an FUE only maybe. And also maybe use medications to stop further progression if there is any?  Why are you planning to go for another FUT prior to an FUE? Is it because you don't want to use your beard hair for the transplantation?

Thank you for your recommendation. I haven’t had a FUE before, just a FUT with Rahal. I’m planning on another FUT since I’m not worried about a scar and want to save a FUE procedure’s for down the road. 

5 hours ago, capelli austria said:

Hello,

I've been to Hattingen Hair twice. I had a large area to transplant, with very thin caliber donor hair . For me the realistic advice, the objective assessment, the results and the aftercare were very important. Pictures say more than words.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1707

Regards

capelli

Thanks for posting. That is an amazing result! You went from no hair to full coverage and I can see why you recommend Hattingen. This is encouraging to me because my donor hair is also a thin caliber. Thanks again for sharing and congratulations! 

12 hours ago, hairlineman said:

Thank you! Would you mind me asking why specifically you recommend Konior? 

Mainly his ability to make fewer grafts go a long way and his involvement in every stage of the surgery. Check my thread for more detailed reasoning 

• Thanks 1

Anyway...back to the topic in hand...

The Belgium docs do less and less FUT these days. They still do strip sometimes, notably Devroye, but FUE is their bread and butter. Same with Konior. Personally, and with no hidden agenda, I would choose H&W for FUT. For the record I have had approx 4350 FUE with Feriduni. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I don’t think that Dr. Hasson said anything bad, in fact most of what he said is true. Spex does promote the surgeons that pay him, that’s transparent. Now his criteria for working with a surgeon I’m sure is transparent as well, at least I hope.

Secondly, what Dr. Hasson has said about his FUE is also true. Some of the best FUE results I’ve seen lately are coming out of H&W and they have solidified themselves as an Elite FUE+FUT clinic. The only correction is that we did not ban Jotronic, he left on his own accord. We simply fulfilled his request.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Dr. Victor Hasson - Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy life to respond to my post! I’m in the process now of speaking with a H & W consultant (Mike Ferko) and looking forward to hearing your official diagnosis with # of grafts and expected density. THANK YOU!

3 hours ago, Baldrick101 said:

Anyway...back to the topic in hand...

The Belgium docs do less and less FUT these days. They still do strip sometimes, notably Devroye, but FUE is their bread and butter. Same with Konior. Personally, and with no hidden agenda, I would choose H&W for FUT. For the record I have had approx 4350 FUE with Feriduni. 

Thank you @Baldrick101 - Appreciate your recommendation! I had caught wind recently that a 2 or 3 of those surgeons aren’t doing as many FUT’s these days. Are you pretty happy with your FUE result from Feriduni? 

You got some good choices listed.  Pretty tough list to choose from.  Definitely weigh the pros and cons of each.  Review their surgical protocol.  Review grafts estimates.  See if you can meet non clinic presented patients—- maybe forum members of each?  

Hope you get the adequate restoration goals you desire with the doc you pick.  Hope you get a result so that you do not have to search again and can be at peace. Best best wishes.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, hairlineman said:

Thank you @Baldrick101 - Appreciate your recommendation! I had caught wind recently that a 2 or 3 of those surgeons aren’t doing as many FUT’s these days. Are you pretty happy with your FUE result from Feriduni? 

The first surgery went ok but could have been better. Was it me or was it the clinic? Who knows. No point getting bitter about it, it wasn't that bad. Nothing is guaranteed and you sign a waiver accepting that. Anyway I have confidence in the guy so I went back for a touch up in Feb. Waiting for it to grow in. You can see my thread on here somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I don’t think that Dr. Hasson said anything bad, in fact most of what he said is true. Spex does promote the surgeons that pay him, that’s transparent. Now his criteria for working with a surgeon I’m sure is transparent as well, at least I hope.

Secondly, what Dr. Hasson has said about his FUE is also true. Some of the best FUE results I’ve seen lately are coming out of H&W and they have solidified themselves as an Elite FUE+FUT clinic. The only correction is that we did not ban Jotronic, he left on his own accord. We simply fulfilled his request.

Does this confirm that it is Dr,Hasson account? 

I think that is very important for members to know

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, harry_potter1 said:

Does this confirm that it is Dr,Hasson account? 

I think that is very important for members to know

We wouldn’t allow a bogus account to be open for several years.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:00 PM, Sean said:

You got some good choices listed.  Pretty tough list to choose from.  Definitely weigh the pros and cons of each.  Review their surgical protocol.  Review grafts estimates.  See if you can meet non clinic presented patients—- maybe forum members of each?  

Hope you get the adequate restoration goals you desire with the doc you pick.  Hope you get a result so that you do not have to search again and can be at peace. Best best wishes.

Thank you very much, Sean! I’m just getting started with consultations and agree this is a tough list to choose from. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

I must have missed Hassons post. Agreed on editing. 

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spex,

Don’t appreciate your snide remark. If you have a question about something that has been edited, why not to be an adult professional and send a moderator a private message asking about it. Are you a team player or are you a self seeker peddling your own agenda?   I think the answer to that question is obvious. However, we have put up with it because you do provide some sound advice  and you haven’t blatantly broken any rules  

As for the editing, Dr. Hasson deleted his own posts.  So, it was no longer appropriate to host any replies to his posts including posts that quoted his deleted comments.    Frankly, this was obvious so I can’t imagine that you didn’t know this. But this that means that you were trying to stir the pot and become a poison and otherwise healthy well. And that will not be tolerated. I suggest sticking to the scope of the topic and be professional and your responses.   Frankly, this was obvious so I can’t imagine that you didn’t know this. But this that means that you were trying to stir the pot and become a poison and otherwise healthy well. And that will not be tolerated. I suggest sticking to the scope of the topic and be professional and your responses.  Do you have a question about something we’ve done, you can either ask us privately or even ask us publicly in a normal way. Snide or sarcastic comments just make you look like a fool.  

Regards,

Bill

He was personally attacked for no reason in this topic for a normal post/suggestion. I don't find his response surprising or poisonous tbh.  

Anyway, back to topic:

On 5/13/2019 at 8:02 AM, hairlineman said:

Hello Hello, 

I think you are already doing good work if those are your short list, those are great group

There is obvious factors that I think you already knows about like location and price, so I assume it isn't a problem 

Second, what other factors do you want? 

For example, H&W & Hattingen do mega sessions which could save you money & time, while Konior & Devroye seem more interested in smaller sessions and take it step by step, although I am not sure mega sessions is an option with 2nd HT

also you can look at the hairline work of each one and which one do a job that is closer to what you want? 

Good Luck

• Thanks 1