Best FUE surgeons in world

Der3k7

I have had 2 fue surgeries. First one involved ARTAS and second was manual fue. There has been improvement but the yield for both surgeries are not looking good. Hairline is still very see through with lots of gaps and crown is still thin. I am 6 months post op from the second surgery and am considering what my next move will be in the future.

I'm looking for the absolute best fue surgeons in the world that have the most consistent track record for high yield, high density, and aggressive hairlines, and no sketchiness or doubt in their reputation.

My first surgery: Dr. Shelly Friedman 

2nd: Dr Koray Erdogan 

What do you think of going to Juan Couto in Spain? He is just a bit more pricey than Erdogan but his result videos are always great.

Edited by Der3k7

Couto is at the top but it’s a 2-3 year wait time just to get a consultation with him (if they even reply to your emails) and then another 1-2 year wait for any procedure. His posted results are very impressive but only self-selected and it’s mainly with patients that have thick dark great caliber hair follicles, I have seen very few patient posted reviews though which one would think that his thrilled patients would post their experience and own progress photos.

Honestly, in your case I would say let this 2nd ht progress fully and possibly see what the future holds with graft cloning over the next few years as that may come to market as well as new topical drugs because depleting your donor with another ht even with a top elite surgeon might not be wise.

Often thought about this and even though they practise FUT as well , I'm always left so impressed by Dr Konior and Hasson and Wong and keep coming back to them when it comes to the elite surgeons out there. Dr Couto's results look amazing to and on that basis you'd add him to the list to. Only thing is, a lot of his patient's do seem to be Spanish with good donor characteristics but there's no denying the results look fantastic although would like to see more patient reviews on the forums. A 4 year waiting list is also very long. 

Also inclined to agree with CosmoKramer, would really think very carefully before jumping into another procedure. From your progress thread, i think you've used 7300 or so grafts via FUE in total while still in your 20s. If I'm not mistaken, it sounded as though 4900 of those have have been used in the hairline/temple point area from both procedures? If that is right,  that's a lot of grafts and if you are looking to add more to the frontal area in another potential procedure, you are running the risk of leaving very little in reserve for the midscalp and vertex if/when you lose more in that area in the future. That is a large area and even though you've had 2400 in there, if you lose more native hair in that region, that 2400 in the midscalp/vertex is going to struggle to provide good coverage imo and you may be left with a very strong frontal area with a weak midscalp/vertex which would look odd.

Obviously the fact you are on finasteride will help massively in keeping your native hair but you never know about the future and you may decide to come off it or it could lose effectiveness etc so still should tread with relative caution.

Also another thing to be aware of is ASMED usual provide a higher total donor capacity number compared to a lot of other clinics, especially compared to those in the US and Belgium so they may say you have another 2000-3000 grafts left in your donor area but not sure that necessarily means other clinics/surgeons will also think the same. You may find some clinics/surgeons say you have less left available in the donor area after using over 7k already however you'll only probably get an accurate answer on that once they've examined the donor area.

46 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

@Der3k7

Where about are you based?

I'm in Arizona United States but I'll go anywhere in the world that is reasonably safe if the surgeon is top top notch 

Edited by Der3k7

21 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Often thought about this and even though they practise FUT as well , I'm always left so impressed by Dr Konior and Hasson and Wong and keep coming back to them when it comes to the elite surgeons out there. Dr Couto's results look amazing to and on that basis you'd add him to the list to. Only thing is, a lot of his patient's do seem to be Spanish with good donor characteristics but there's no denying the results look fantastic although would like to see more patient reviews on the forums. A 4 year waiting list is also very long. 

Also inclined to agree with CosmoKramer, would really think very carefully before jumping into another procedure. From your progress thread, i think you've used 7300 or so grafts via FUE in total while still in your 20s. If I'm not mistaken, it sounded as though 4900 of those have have been used in the hairline/temple point area from both procedures? If that is right,  that's a lot of grafts and if you are looking to add more to the frontal area in another potential procedure, you are running the risk of leaving very little in reserve for the midscalp and vertex if/when you lose more in that area in the future. That is a large area and even though you've had 2400 in there, if you lose more native hair in that region, that 2400 in the midscalp/vertex is going to struggle to provide good coverage imo and you may be left with a very strong frontal area with a weak midscalp/vertex which would look odd.

Obviously the fact you are on finasteride will help massively in keeping your native hair but you never know about the future and you may decide to come off it or it could lose effectiveness etc so still should tread with relative caution.

Also another thing to be aware of is ASMED usual provide a higher total donor capacity number compared to a lot of other clinics, especially compared to those in the US and Belgium so they may say you have another 2000-3000 grafts left in your donor area but not sure that necessarily means other clinics/surgeons will also think the same. You may find some clinics/surgeons say you have less left available in the donor area after using over 7k already however you'll only probably get an accurate answer on that once they've examined the donor area.

Would you say both Konior and Hasson and Wong have more reliable and consistent results than Asmed?

What if it's just me and my hair transplants will always yield sort of low? 

4 hours ago, negger said:

i think that couto is better option than hason, koray...

True but that waiting list though.

I'm leaning toward Hasson and Wong because they don't have that waitlist and the price reasonable especially with the usd conversion. 

Edited by Der3k7

5 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Would you say both Konior and Hasson and Wong have more reliable and consistent results than Asmed?

What if it's just me and my hair transplants will always yield sort of low? 

That is definitely something to take into account, that even if you go to THE best of the best ht surgeons and pay top dollar, you may still not get the results you want as a result of your physiology, your scalp just might not be that efficient in creating and connecting new nerves to the transplanted graphs leaving them with no blood supply and the graphs not growing, and the only way to tell if that was the case is months after, it sucks but that’s just the reality of it, so I wouldn’t put all your faith and expectations just because the surgeon and clinic is the best and top of the tier.

1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

That is definitely something to take into account, that even if you go to THE best of the best ht surgeons and pay top dollar, you may still not get the results you want as a result of your physiology, your scalp just might not be that efficient in creating and connecting new nerves to the transplanted graphs leaving them with no blood supply and the graphs not growing, and the only way to tell if that was the case is months after, it sucks but that’s just the reality of it, so I wouldn’t put all your faith and expectations just because the surgeon and clinic is the best and top of the tier.

Very possible. I have definitely gotten some improvement over my first 2 surgeries compared to where I started at. I'm willing to give it a 3rd attempt after my full year is up from my surgery with asmed. Does Hasson and wong use techs to do extractions and placement or do they do everything themselves?

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Very possible. I have definitely gotten some improvement over my first 2 surgeries compared to where I started at. I'm willing to give it a 3rd attempt after my full year is up from my surgery with asmed. Does Hasson and wong use techs to do extractions and placement or do they do everything themselves?

Yeah, I would say your recent progress is looking much better and definitely an improvement from before your ht’s and since this is your 2nd ht it just might be taking it’s sweet to grow but definitely give it until at least the 1 year mark (15-months just to be safe) in my opinion.

From what I’ve read, H&W do use techs but that’s something you should inquire about with their rep on here or them directly to confirm.

17 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Have you looked into Lupanzula at all?  I think he does the entire operation himself...although, as others have mentioned, it might not matter.  Hair restoration surgeons usually use techs because of the huge amount of labor required to manually remove and implant thousands of grafts.  

9 hours ago, LordBaldwin said:

Have you looked into Lupanzula at all?  I think he does the entire operation himself...although, as others have mentioned, it might not matter.  Hair restoration surgeons usually use techs because of the huge amount of labor required to manually remove and implant thousands of grafts.  

No I haven't heard of him. I just need a clinic that CONSISTENTLY gets really good yield, has good hairline design, and can do dense packing. 

11 minutes ago, munich said:

In my opinion is H&W the best clinic in the world, but please wait to the 12 month mark. 

Of course. This won't happen until most likely 15 months post op. But at least 12. Probably more though. Just getting ideas and planning ahead 

How come I don't see many forum results posts from H&W though? 

But I'm definitely not going back to asmed with their slipping track record. I'll just waste more grafts with low yield. Unless suddenly I see over the next 6 months my hairline suddenly become dense with similar density to before the grafts shredded, 1 week post op

Edited by Der3k7

31 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

Looking at your donor area photo, it looks a bit patchy and slightly thin, could that be the lighting you’re in or is it better in person?

In person it looks completely normal. Its just cuz of how I get my hair cut. It's shorter buzz cut where it looks light and then I have my barber leave a longer section that drops from my vertex to about half way down the back of my head. That's where you see it being darker and thicker, contrasted by where I have it shorter.

Edited by Der3k7

41 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

In person it looks completely normal. Its just cuz of how I get my hair cut. It's shorter buzz cut where it looks light and then I have my barber leave a longer section that drops from my vertex to about half way down the back of my head. That's where you see it being darker and thicker, contrasted by where I have it shorter.

Gotchya, yeah, its usually tricky to show true density of donor through photos when it’s not that obvious.

@Der3k7

Could you remind me of your age and how many grafts you have used in your previous two surgeries?

Some absolutely stellar Drs have been mentioned, but remember that you must think long term also. It wouldn't be a sensible approach to exhaust so much of your donor at such a young age in just the hairline.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

2 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

@Der3k7

Could you remind me of your age and how many grafts you have used in your previous two surgeries?

Some absolutely stellar Drs have been mentioned, but remember that you must think long term also. It wouldn't be a sensible approach to exhaust so much of your donor at such a young age in just the hairline.

Approaching 27

And like 7250 grafts used 

Edited by Der3k7

Your hair is not in bad shape. You need to step back and take a break. You can't have too much donor left, and you are aiming for perfection.

Where would you be looking to add further grafts if you were to commit to a third surgery?

What will you do when you hit 35 and your crown starts to thin, or your mid scalp becomes light? You will have no further donor to use.

Im not trying to be a hater. Just telling it how I see it with your best interests at heart. Tread carefully.

• Like 4

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

20 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Your hair is not in bad shape. You need to step back and take a break. You can't have too much donor left, and you are aiming for perfection.

Where would you be looking to add further grafts if you were to commit to a third surgery?

What will you do when you hit 35 and your crown starts to thin, or your mid scalp becomes light? You will have no further donor to use.

Im not trying to be a hater. Just telling it how I see it with your best interests at heart. Tread carefully.

I know you're not trying to be a hater lol. And ugh I know that's possible. I'm just really frustrated that I've spent 30k and used 7000 grafts and I'm still thin and have a high forehead. Especially after going to asmed which was supposed to be a great result. I want to thicken up my current hairline because it's still so see through with many gaps between hairs.

I'll see what H&W say in an online consultation 6 months from now 

Edited by Der3k7

Just now, Der3k7 said:

I know you're not trying to be a hater lol. And ugh I know that's possible. I'm just really frustrated that I've spent 30k and used 7000 grafts and I'm still thin and have a high forehead. Especially after going to asmed which was supposed to be a great result. I want to thicken up my current hairline because it's still so see through with many gaps between hairs.

I get it.  You have done your research, your due diligence and invested and you deserve better. Having said that, I believe that it is still somewhat premature to write this one off yet. How many months post op are you?

I would potentially suggest a few hundred grafts into your hairline with a top doc after you have personally consulted with them and they have evaluated your donor density and calibre etc... 

But the fact that you are striving for perfection (which is admirable) suggests to me that you are thinking short term. If this bothers you so greatly, when you lose further hair, which evolution suggests that you will, you will also take that reasonably badly. You will be concerned about "that new loss" in another area. What is the approach then? How will you deal with that?

Forgive me for asking because with all of your detailed documentation, for you sure you will have stated it but are you on any preventative medicine?

• Like 1

I'm starting to think you are a bit unstable in regards to hair transplants:  

You are only six months into your ASMED hair transplant, this is at least your second transplant, you have used 7000 grafts, and you are only 27.   After six months you are already implying your ASMED was a failure and are searching hard for your next surgeon.   Come on man, you need to wait a couple years before you make any more decisions on a surgery.

• Like 1