Bodybuilding & Hair Transplant

Hey folks

I have been working out from past 15 years and use whey protein shakes 5 times a week.

I have read that I should stop taking any supplements 2 weeks prior to the FUE surgery.

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks 

• Administrators

What kind of supplements are you taking? I regularly work out as well, the only thing you should stop taking is green tea and minoxidil. Any supplement that can thin your blood you should stay away from before surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Hey buddy,

I recently asked the same of my Dr and they said that taking protein powder was fine (in fact most people don't get enough protein in their diet which actually promotes healing and hair growth). I was also suggested to begin taking Vitamin C one week prior to surgery just to aid the healing process.

I believe the issue with supplements (like a multivitamin) then might come if they contain Vitamin E that would thin the blood (the same way aspirin does), which would not promote healing. 

But this is just my current understanding. Perhaps someone with some more medical knowledge can add more info/correct me if I'm wrong. And as always ... best to ask your advising physician.

Phil. 

Thanks mate

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What kind of supplements are you taking? I regularly work out as well, the only thing you should stop taking is green tea and minoxidil. Any supplement that can thin your blood you should stay away from before surgery.

Hey mate

I use whey protein which also contains amino acids. 

Cheers

Melvin:

How long did you wait to get back in the gym after your fue surgeries?

I been sitting around the house for over 2 weeks now... would really like to get back to getting active but dont want to chance anything

• Administrators
3 hours ago, det9925 said:

Melvin:

How long did you wait to get back in the gym after your fue surgeries?

I been sitting around the house for over 2 weeks now... would really like to get back to getting active but dont want to chance anything

2 weeks is enough, as long as you’re not trying to lift heavy weight you’re fine. I’d say you could lift light to moderate weight at 2 weeks. Light cardio as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.