H&W - Europe Version ?

Dear All ,

I have one simple question to ask , I think we all more or less agree that Hasson and Wong are part of the best surgeons on this planet .

Is there a surgeon in Europe with more or less the same reputation ? 

Argh ! good question !

thanks

K.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Devroye and Dr. Lupunzula are all in the Belgium area. I am assuming you're specifically looking for strip?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think Hattingen is the top choice for FUT in Europe tbh, not very well known in English speaking world but they do very good job, cost is reasonable for that type of work too. 

Although they have more conservative approach which many patients don't like, while other -like me- prefer. 

Dr. Devroye is another name too who is one of the elite for sure. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, conan said:

Honestly speaking , If travel is not an issue , would you go for H&W or Hattingen ? 

I live near the swiss border ...... 

thanks 

C

When you want a good hair transplant, NEVER think about travel. Go with who you feel will give you the best result. I'm in North America, and was going to go to Hasson & Wong. Things changed and I'm due for Hattingen, even tho it's more of a travel. I feel comfortable with them, had a great few consultations, did my research and decided on going there even tho the travel is more. Whether its Hattingen or HW, go with who you are most comfortable with, not closest too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, conan said:

Honestly speaking , If travel is not an issue , would you go for H&W or Hattingen ? 

I live near the swiss border ...... 

thanks 

C

if there is no issue financially  nor in travelling then H&W will be the answer most likely.

But just like spex said, you need to do your search. See results and contact both and make your decision. 

it is actually the first time I am hearng about Haittingen ..... The good thing is I live just 3 hours drive from then .

It is a shame we can not see their results anymore on their website ....

I am going to ask for a face to face consultation and see how it goes

thakns 

They post plenty of results on their official YouTube channel. plenty of other forum too (whether posted by them or patients) in French/Italian/German. but in all of them you need to register to see the results. 

I think due to the laws there they don't post their results in ENglish speaking forum as they don't require registration 

Ok I had a look , the results are good even if I am not super impressed by the quality of the donor scars , at least on the pictures I saw .

Now , due to my history with HT , I am more looking for a repair rather than anything else . I have already done 4 HTs and at this point I would need

- hairline reshaping at the current one was place too low and is too agressive 

- one of the donor scar revision

- fill up top scalp towrds the crown keeping in mind I am a diffuse thinner and this area is currently occupied with natural hairs .. 

really I dont know who to go for . I will try to plan a face to face consult with Haittingen and see what they are telling me 

thanks 

I have passed 2 hours comparing the results of Haittingen versus H&W.

Hattingen for me is Europa league and H&W is clearly champions's league .

Hattingen certainly does a great work but to me H&W seems to be on top of anyone else , I might be wrong . 

My main issue is my case is complex , it is not like it was my first HT .....

Any comment/advices are welcome guys .

rgds

Not sure if anyone has claimed they are better than H&W, the later are class of their own when it comes to FUT

I am not even sure with the description of your case FUT is best option for you, after 4 HT are you sure about your laxity? I am not also sure how you can treat an aggressive & low hairline

My advice you you is to do your search, ask for consultation for many clinics as much as you can and then decide. 

Good Luck

well I dont think FUE will be the way to go anyway ? For me FUE makes a lot of sense if you are a "HT virgin" , meaning you dont want any scar at all ... 

what are you thinking of when you say "I am not even sure with the description of your case FUT is best option for you,"

thanks 

37 minutes ago, conan said:

well I dont think FUE will be the way to go anyway ? For me FUE makes a lot of sense if you are a "HT virgin" , meaning you dont want any scar at all ... 

what are you thinking of when you say "I am not even sure with the description of your case FUT is best option for you,"

thanks 

FUE actually isn't suited for virgin donor. You damage the donor area and deplete them more. It's actually better to do FUE on your last few surgeries if you only have a certain amount of grafts left. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, conan said:

thanks 

I am not the best expert but I will try to simplify what I understand

You have a limited donor area that if kept using will be depleted, that works for both FUT & FUE

Thing is, with FUT there is also a laxity problem that at some point limit extraction. So it depletes 

With FUE it is obviously that at some point you can't extract from donor area without hurting it.

So the best solution is usually a combination of both, keep using FUT till it is over, then starts with FUE

Hattingen actually wrote about this in their approach: 2 FUT then FUE. obviously they don't religiously stick to it

17 hours ago, conan said:

Ok I had a look , the results are good even if I am not super impressed by the quality of the donor scars , at least on the pictures I saw .

Now , due to my history with HT , I am more looking for a repair rather than anything else . I have already done 4 HTs and at this point I would need

- hairline reshaping at the current one was place too low and is too agressive 

- one of the donor scar revision

- fill up top scalp towrds the crown keeping in mind I am a diffuse thinner and this area is currently occupied with natural hairs .. 

really I dont know who to go for . I will try to plan a face to face consult with Haittingen and see what they are telling me 

thanks 

How many grafts do you think you'll need? I would think since you've had 5 FUT's already that your laxity can't be awesome. I do agree with @harry_potter1 that you should do as many FUT's as possible and then start doing FUE since you've already started with FUT. I've also been researching H & W, Hattingen, and Devroye, among a couple others like Feriduni, Bisanga, Freitas, and Lorenzo and I live in the United States. 

If your laxity isn't that great, you might want to consider doing a combo surgery of FUT and FUE in one session. I feel this is something you don't hear about often. I know for sure Hattingen and Devroye do this. Keep us updated and best of luck!

Hello Guys ,

thanks all for your answers . Regarding the laxity , when I meet with Dr wong back in 2009 in Amsterdam he said  my laxity was still very good even with 4 HTs Already . Among those 4 HTs , 3 were "small" HTs done by some bad clinics in Paris , so they did not go from one hear to the other . 

Only Dr Seager in Toronto did a 2500 grafts session which requires and left a long small scar . But yes my donor is not virgin anymore :)

First , I can only thanks Dr Wong and Joe for their accurate advices , I think they both deserve some very high respect from us , as "Hair grafting receivers" . 

May be you are right , a mix of FUE / FUT could be a good mix , the main problem being my hairline . Back in 2009 one of the approach was to perform two surgeries : one to completely remove the existing hairline and another to add density on the top working towards the crown . 

At this point I think the best think to do will be have a face to face consultation with Hattingen and see how it goes . 

The problem I currently have with H&W is a I can not have a physical consultation which will be the best thing to do at this point in order to make all the decisions ... 

The number of graft I would need ? I will not say , my priority will be to do around 2500 grafts AND IDEALLY keep some of the donor for another FUE if possible . 

For me the long term strategy is the more important . I am 44 , and I will honestly do not car not having any hairs on the crown in 15 years from now if I have to choose ... 

thanks !

• Administrators

You should seriously consult with H&W for FUE. They’ve become just as good in FUE.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, spex said:

Melvin,

How many HW FUE patients in person have you personally seen ? 

Regards

spex 

I would also like to see the answer of this question, the results they show in their website are mostly average or above average at best.

I think it is a waste of money to go for H&W FUE. For me Rahal & Diep so far are more encouraging than them, along others in Europe