How Can Hair Fibers Improve My Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

How many of you guys have had hair transplants and use hair fibers? If so which ones do you guys use and recommend?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I personally tried both DermMatch and Toppik in the last bit for some reason I couldn’t feel comfortable with either.  I couldn’t find a color match for DermMatch and it just felt like I had makeup in my hair and I just felt like I couldn’t get enough Toppik in my head.  It still looked thin even after using a lot of Toppik.  But I now it gets who have had great experience with both and even others.   So don’t let me experience away you.  What about others?

On 5/8/2019 at 3:07 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

How many of you guys have had hair transplants and use hair fibers? If so which ones do you guys use and recommend?

Hey mate. I did not have HT yet and from past 8 years I have been using nanogen aquamatch , hair fibre and hair locking spray. Expensive but cant be without it. Hence one of the reasons that i finally will be going ahead with HT this year :D

You might shed some light on that I am going for no shave HT as doing my frontal and hairline so once shedding starts, could I sprinkle fibres on that area and spray locking spray? Plan is to bring longet hair on back t cover frontal part until it grows.Will this damage the growth of new grafts?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey mate. I did not have HT yet and from past 8 years I have been using nanogen aquamatch , hair fibre and hair locking spray. Expensive but cant be without it. Hence one of the reasons that i finally will be going ahead with HT this year :D

You might shed some light on that I am going for no shave HT as doing my frontal and hairline so once shedding starts, could I sprinkle fibres on that area and spray locking spray? Plan is to bring longet hair on back t cover frontal part until it grows.Will this damage the growth of new grafts?

Yea, the issue with fibers in the hairline can look caked on, this is why I only use hair fibers in the crown and midscalp. Luckily, my hairline is pretty strong. I have tried some fibers in the forelock which I think is as close as I would get. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I use fibers in my crown and frontal zone...I am very careful about shaking very softly and evenly so the result is evenly distributed.

It seems that fibers do not work as well if the existing density is too low or too high.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

14 hours ago, gillenator said:

I use fibers in my crown and frontal zone...I am very careful about shaking very softly and evenly so the result is evenly distributed.

It seems that fibers do not work as well if the existing density is too low or too high.

Would it be recommended to use fibres after 2 weeks of transplant or will it damage the grafts?

I am going with the no shave option and only getting frontal part done. 

• Administrators
On 5/15/2019 at 5:15 AM, Looking for HT said:

Would it be recommended to use fibres after 2 weeks of transplant or will it damage the grafts?

You can use fibers after surgery, are you currently using fibers?

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You can use fibers after surgery, are you currently using fibers?

Yes, mate. I am using from past 8 years and its mad how I can hide the baldness. However, its scary to see no hair after the shower :D

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Looking for HT said:

Yes, mate. I am using from past 8 years and its mad how I can hide the baldness. However, its scary to see no hair after the shower :D

Oh ok good as long as you’ve been using fibers you’re all good. You can resume after having a hair transplant as well.

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

Oh ok good as long as you’ve been using fibers you’re all good. You can resume after having a hair transplant as well.

Cheers mate. I hope once the hair is grown, I dont have to use them on the frontal part apart from my crown area only as hair is thinning but can survive.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:15 AM, Looking for HT said:

As Melvin stated, it's certainly ok to use fibres post-op...as long as the recipient site wounds have healed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY