Hair transplant

Hello guys I live in the UK and I plan to have a hair transplant abroad does anyone know if I can get a sick note from gp or from somewhere else because of that so I can have time off work and get paid as well

• Administrators

I am not sure how the "holiday" time works in the UK, but in the US most jobs have what's called as PTO (paid time off) it just needs to be approved. Maybe you can speak to your direct manager or supervisor and ask for some personal time off. That said, I'm sure there are several GP's willing to write notes for time off.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

From an employers standpoint you are not incapacitated for work unless your job is strenuous.  I was an Auditor during my first transplant and took vacation time, but I could have worked the next day.  For most people the only reason not to return to work is appearance.  The one thing most doctors will buy is stress.  If you are a good actor you could get a doctors slip for a couple weeks.  I doubt you will find many doctors willing to say you are incapacitated by a transplant if you work in an office. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

On 5/7/2019 at 9:46 AM, Uncle drew said:

Hello guys I live in the UK and I plan to have a hair transplant abroad does anyone know if I can get a sick note from gp or from somewhere else because of that so I can have time off work and get paid as well

It is an individual choice to take leaves after a hair transplant procedure since it does not leave your physical or cognitive functions incapable of work. However, it is your liberty to take a rest period for yourself. It is uncomfortable as you are required to follow certain instructions post OP.

It is better to ask your hair transplant surgeon for a letter stating the required number of days for the transplant and the post operative care. It should be signed and stamped by the clinic. It is a verified document. You should also take a medical letter stating your transplantation procedure from the clinic prior to leaving after transplantation.

I think the above would work for you to approve your leaves from office. 

P.s. the above would be according to your comfort to either reveal or not reveal your hair transplantation surgery to your office people.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ