2,100 Graft Hairline "Beef Up" | Dr. Bloxham | Feller & Bloxham Medical, NY, NYC, LI

All individuals experience hair loss differently. We frequently see patients with small changes or confined areas of thinning who almost feel guilty coming in to see a hair transplant doctor because their friends, partners, and family continually tell them that the hair loss is "nothing" and they should just "forget about it and move on." However, it is a big deal to these patients and the psychological stress and distraction from the hair loss often prevents them from focusing on bigger, better things. 

The patient in today's presentation falls into this category; he is a male who, most outsiders would probably agree, had quite "good hair" in general. I do not think the average person on the street would ever think he was thinning. However, he came from a long family of males with "perfect" hair, and, although his hair was still "good," his hair was simply not as "good" as it used to be. He had some pretty classic thinning throughout the entire frontal band, and really just wanted to thicken it. Long story short: despite the minimal amount of hair loss he had, this was bothering him and he was ready to take care of it. 

I discussed the reality of the situation with him thoroughly and I did believe he could "beef up" that area, and I also felt confident that it was unlikely (though not certain) he would progress to advanced hair loss. Regardless, we decided to start him off as an FUT to hedge our bets and leave his donor in good shape in case he did need a significant amount in the future. 

We ended up utilizing 2,100 grafts to place his hairline back where it originally was (frontal hairline only, no temporal hairline work needed) and densely pack the frontal band. He visited us 6 months later, and I was very pleased to see that the worry and distraction his hair loss caused him had vanished. 

Here are a few "comparison" shots of his case. Below is a detailed comb-through video which includes footage of his incision line. I highly recommend all interested patients watch the video. 

1200929614_79714333comp.thumb.jpg.6c80390579ab73e696e0c3988c4191c3.jpg694261829_79754337comp.thumb.jpg.7d7e9b095f6b6d9d593184063d198072.jpg1589015730_79754338comp.thumb.jpg.7616163c421f5b67f383902acba75536.jpg1309215264_79764335comp.thumb.jpg.01fac2970f8e6747998a247e002af381.jpg455234240_79774336comp.thumb.jpg.8cc7e25b5469e35f9df65a9fab2f5792.jpg1314952440_79794339comp.thumb.jpg.89345bbb5ea904a0dbbc0497cee63d33.jpg1578387606_79824343comp.thumb.jpg.fe57194cc5f1b97325985a8a629c3b0f.jpg

Remember, hair loss is about identity; if you feel off, distracted, or stressed by any changes in the scalp, it is okay to see a hair restoration doctor and discuss your options. There is nothing wrong with taking care of this, despite how some may make you feel. 

Thanks for reading and watching. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham 

Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC 

• Thanks 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Elduterino and Mr S, 

Thank you for viewing and commenting.  

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.