Hair color after transplant

When the hairs start coming in is it normal for some to show as light blond first and and some black right away for a black colored hair person? I’m asking because I’m seeing both little blond and black hairs and I’m wondering if they both are transplanted hairs or if the blond ones are just terminal dead hairs that will disappear? And that only the black ones will grow and mature? 

• 3 months later...

The consent form that i signed at Asmed before going through the surgery mentioned this point. The hair could grow later on after the tranplant with a color that could be different than the original hair. Also some of the top HT surgeons such as Juan Couto is showing some videos and patient results with some changes in the hair color after surgery.

Could the light colored hair be grey hair?  Do you have any grey hair presently?

The light hair could also be weak or diffused native hair growing back in because terminal hair grafts usually will regrow with the same color as the donor area they were harvested from.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY