Does scratching the head after hair transplantation with 8 days harms the new follicles?

Dear, 

I have undergone a hair transplantation surgery by the technique of DHI (FUE). After 8 days of the surgery, I rubbed my head from the front by my fingers inadvertently. Did it cause any harm to my new transplanted follicles?

Regards

Depending on the source, between 7-10 days your grafts are secure. Having said that, ideally you would not put this to the test. As was previously mentioned, if you haven't experienced any bleeding or obvious issues, you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I underwent transplantation in Turkey.

And the matter is not really that I don't want to give information but I used to ask in this forum about general topics in hair transplantation. If I give details about the hospital where I underwent the transplantation, it will look as I try to give an assessment for it.

This forum is not to give assessments about hospitals and doctors. To give any of these assessments, I should use the Realself forum: www.realself.com

Edited by hairtargeter

• Administrators

Actually our forum is a lot more comprehensive than realself. Our forum is dedicated specifically to hair transplantation. Thousands of posted their comprehensive reviews and journeys here including myself.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes, you are true. But shouldn't I consult only the hospital who has performed the operation for me? If I refer to them here, they will know that I use this forum to get other consultations and it may be considered something like non-confidence on them that I don't rely completely on their instructions.

13 hours ago, hairtargeter said:

Yes, you are true. But shouldn't I consult only the hospital who has performed the operation for me? If I refer to them here, they will know that I use this forum to get other consultations and it may be considered something like non-confidence on them that I don't rely completely on their instructions.

How will they know who you are? You’re not supplying any name or pictures. It’s 2019, people ask questions and double/triple check. It’s human nature. That’s what these forums are for and doctors understand that- hence why they pay to be apart of them. I’m just curious who else performs dhi in Turkey besides cinik, u can send a PM if you’re not comfortable naming them publicly 

Edited by jj51702

Hairtargeter, 

No, touching the grafts in this manner at 8 days post-op will not harm anything. The grafts are very secure by day 4 and a permanent part of your body by day 10. The only thing to take into consideration with "touching" at this point is excessive touching or scratching, which may lead to a superficial infection or prolonged inflammation. 

• Thanks 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.