Free touch-ups in case of hair not growing in

Is it common for the top HT doctors to do a free touch-up in case, for example, a patch of hair doesn't grow in? Or is this something special which only a few doctors do?

Things like that sometimes happen even when top notch doctors have performed the surgery, so I'm getting a little paranoid.

Edited by Toms

It sounds like you have not yet had the procedure done?  If so, don't let that discourage you.

Most of the top docs stand behind their work and many have their contracts addressing lack of regrowth.

But not all them do so it's imperative to discuss this before any procedure is scheduled and you want to get this in writing.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@Toms

Any Dr worth their salt will take care of you. Of course, there is sometimes a grey area regarding unrealistic expectations. That’s why the inperson consultation needs to be thorough and it’s essential to clarify what can realistically be achieved with the patients current situation and amount of grafts that will be used.

Of course future loss is also an important factor regarding the patients long term appearance.

But if I felt or heard that a Dr would not “assist” it’s patient if the expected results are not achieved, I would not consider the Dr. I believe this to be an important part of the patient Dr relationship and trust.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I cannot answer for other doctors. No doctor can guarantee hair growth. There are to many things that could influence the results after the patient leaves the office that the doctor has no control over. However, even though my patients sign a consent form that clearly states we can not guarantee hair growth if they have positive results and just have an area that did not come out as well as the other transplanted areas I would offer a free touch up. Or if they want to add additional hair to the entire previously transplanted area that I would offer some free additional grafts for the area that did not come in as well.

• Like 1

Your attitude determines your altitude!

Maintaining the trust that the client had in a doctor in the first place is priceless. Good clinics charge higher not only for the good work they do in the initial surgery, but also because they would usually provide excellent aftercare and followup. It is always important to convey the message to the client that his satisfaction and our satisfaction are mutual. Ofcourse everything should be documented and good photos help in establishing the reason for any lack of growth etc (whether lower than expected density or ongoing native hair loss). But in general, free touch ups or a free number of grafts is extremely normal in a justified situation. I know for a fact that such attitude pays off. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram