2500 grafts by a surgeon or 3500 by a tech?

What's up my fellow hair loss warriors? I'm in a situation where I can get a 2500 graft HT done from start to finish by Dr. Kul, or 3500 grafts by techs in Dr. Acar's Cosmedia clinic for the same price. Dr. Acar would be doing preliminary incisions but nothing else. Both are in Turkey and seem to have good reputations. What do you guys think? Which will yield better results: 2500 grafts placed by a real MD, or 3500 placed by techs overseen by a doctor? Which would you do in my situation? I'm currently a NW2.5 stabilized by fin. Here's pics for reference. Cheers.

hrn.thumb.png.ac61e5d514ccf217b4e6a273bb586f41.png

This post will probably instigate yet another endless tech vs doc only debate. As RecessionProof said, it entirely depends on the clinic. I haven't heard of these clinics either so couldn't comment much more about that. Ultimately, it is the results from the clinic that matters most, no matter who is doing it. Anyway your forelock looks strong. 3500 won't be necessary with a top doc. Personally, the only two surgeons in Turkey I would consider are Koray or Keser. But just my opinion

Good advice in previous posts.  Just curious....how much will this cost you in U.S. dollars?  Don’t mean to be nosey but curious.  I understand if you don’t want to answer. I’m sure others are curious too.  It’s typically not necessary but make sure your health insurance covers any international expenses.  Best of luck to you.  

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Less is probably less riskier as higher graft counts and out of body extracted graft time can minimize yield overall.  If you want to play it safe, 2500 grafts would probably be a better option.    Is it stick and immediately place graft  or is it extract all grafts then wait to reinsert them?  

I would think the clinic would have plenty of before/after photos.  I’m also wondering if they would disclose to you personally which ones were primarily done by techs.  Tough decision for you.  Best of luck.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Also, depending on the clinic and how many surgeries each day they may have, even if they disclose that it was a tech driven surgery (which I doubt that they will), how do you know which team of techs you will get?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.