Hair fibers

I only have thinning in the front 1 inch if my hairline and just bought Toppick today to try to hide it. I don’t know if I’m doing it wrong but it does not look good at all. Is it only supposed to be used in to of the head and not on the front of the hairline? Is there a different product I can use in the hairline??? 

Best way to apply it is from a distance and using the toppik pump spray applicator. You can buy one at CVS-most carry it or Amazon.   Otherwise applying it near hairline without an applicator can make things lookfake and caked on.  Ive become a semi expert on applying that krap after living through a FUE hell.  Been going through hell and trying out ways to cover this mess.

You are putting too much on. Sprinkle and come off.  The residue will remain.  Think of blending.  If you can blend it through the hair, that will help.  The front is tricky. Play with it.  To make this look more natural, however, I would consider NOT putting it right in the very front.  Allow about 1 inch and then apply.  Think of the front as a transitional zone.  Everyone, by definition, will be a bit thinner in that area.

If you get the applicator I would suggest spraying from the mid scalp towards the hairline versus spraying from the forehead towards the hairline. Also keep in mind that the fibers always look better ( more natural )  when there is more native hair present. Often I have patients that just want to add some density be means of hair transplant to assure that the fibers with look better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hair fibers appear to work best in a thinning area...the fibers are meant to adhere to other hair strands and the fibers carry a magnetic charge to them.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY