Can Adenosine Reverse Hair Loss?

• Administrators

Have any of you heard about adenosine it's supposedly more effective than minoxidil. I would love to hear the communities input.

Can Adenosine Reverse Hair Loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had to Google this after you mentioned it, so of course I have no firsthand experience. Initial reading indicates it isn't statistically superior to Minoxidil, but what's interesting is that the self reports for Adenosine seem more favorable, with subjects reporting thicker, stronger hair. 

Hard to say if this is just wishful thinking or not, but it would be interesting to see if this was the case. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a great source for the stuff other than an Asian import on Amazon that seemed to cost a pretty penny. If anyone knows something I don't, please let me know.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I had to Google this after you mentioned it, so of course I have no firsthand experience. Initial reading indicates it isn't statistically superior to Minoxidil, but what's interesting is that the self reports for Adenosine seem more favorable, with subjects reporting thicker, stronger hair. 

Hard to say if this is just wishful thinking or not, but it would be interesting to see if this was the case. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a great source for the stuff other than an Asian import on Amazon that seemed to cost a pretty penny. If anyone knows something I don't, please let me know.

There is a shampoo that Shisheido is making, its supposedly the best shampoo on the market. It’s called Adenogen. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:43 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

There is a shampoo that Shisheido is making, its supposedly the best shampoo on the market. It’s called Adenogen. 

Yeah, this is the one I found. Awfully steep pricing at nearly $100 for 300ml and they want you to use it twice a day. That seems like it would get extremely expensive very quickly, especially in comparison to Minoxidil.