Financial questions during consultation

During a consultation with a hair transplant surgeon is it tacky for the patient to ask about a discount if the procedure is paid for in cash? Or if subsequent procedures would be at a discounted price from the initial procedure? What have your experiences been with the financial aspect of your hair transplant journey? Thank you.

IMO, there is nothing wrong or embarrassing or tacky about asking if there’s a discount available for paying for anything of large value in cash, and I’m willing to bet some would be happy to accept all cash than pay credit processing fees and in turn give you a slight discount or other extras in return, business is business and business loves cash. As for discounts on any subsequent procedures, from what I’ve read I do believe many doctors & clinics do potentially give previous patients/clients a lower rate or something.

As for mine, I saved til I could pay for it in cash.

It never hurts to ask, the worst they can say is “Sorry, we don’t”.

Although, some top clinics are nice enough and will partially reimburse your travel/airline expense if you’re traveling from another state or country to them for a booked procedure.

Joe Tillman says in this video that once you commit to a clinic and they know your serious that all clinics will ultimately  negotiate with you on price 

Wish he'd do a  how to negotiate video 

Edited by Markee