Different speed of hair growth after hair transplant

Hey Guys, 

has transplanted hair another speed of hair growth as native hair? I mean not the process from popping out and growing rather the growth in length. Before my hair transplant I had to go to the barber every 3 weeks. Now I visited in 8 months the barber maximum 4 times. 

I think for most of us, once we get beyond one year post-op our hair will resume the normal rate of growth which on average is 1/2 inch per month.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

16 minutes ago, gillenator said:

I think for most of us, once we get beyond one year post-op our hair will resume the normal rate of growth which on average is 1/2 inch per month.

HELLO GILLENATOR.

Just wondering is the above hair growth of 1/2 inch per month from your own personal experience ?

I personally know from my own experience thats not the case.

If you dont mind me asking you GILLENATOR is this your own opinion  ?

Or is it something you seen somewhere? 

Thanks GILLENATOR. 

...........Paddy.........

No, it's not my own opinion and if you ask doctors, hair dressers, and the like, most will tell you the same...keeping in mind it's the "average" rate of hair growth for many individuals.

Of course there will always be exceptions to this like yourself, and if your hair grows a tad bit faster or slower, that's not unusual.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY