Dr. Arocha - 2500 FUT + 1500 FUE UPDATE

This patient came to Dr. Arocha in 2015 with thinning throughout the frontal third. He had a 2500 FUT procedure and is taking Propecia. He recently underwent a 1500 FUE procedure to enhance the temple and hide the FUT scar from his initial procedure. The after images were take four years after his original 2500 FUT procedure and 5 months after his 1500 FUE procedure. 

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Immediately After 2500 FUT Procedure:

original.jpeg

After (2500 FUT and 1500 FUE):

original.jpeg

Immediately After 2500 FUT Procedure:

original.jpeg

original.jpeg

Immediately After 2500 FUT Procedure:

original.jpeg

original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Speaking of the donor, unless I'm misunderstanding some of these grafts went towards scar repair. Are there 5 month pictures of the repair job or is this a bit early for the results due to implanting into scar tissue?

On 4/25/2019 at 5:48 PM, Steeeve said:

Excellent gains so far after 5 months! Any immediate post op pics of the donor?

Hi Steeeve, 

Thanks so much! Attaching the post op pics of the donor! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

thumb__DC13765_1024.jpg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:01 PM, Mycroft said:

Speaking of the donor, unless I'm misunderstanding some of these grafts went towards scar repair. Are there 5 month pictures of the repair job or is this a bit early for the results due to implanting into scar tissue?

Hi Mycroft - great question. You are correct, some of the grafts were placed into his existing scar from his previous FUT procedure. The "after" pictures I showed above are taken of this patient 5 months after that FUE procedure. Unfortunately, I don't have any where Dr. Arocha lifted the hair to more closely reveal the scar revision. I have attached some images of the scar prior to the FUE revision, and immediately post-op. I also included a photo of where doc placed into his temples. 

thumb__DC13733_1024.jpg

thumb__DC13763_1024.jpg

thumb__DC13765_1024.jpg

Thanks for the temple shot. The scar looks pretty good prior to the FUE, so I have to imagine the revised result is impressive. I assume a few hundred grafts went into the donor and the rest was the temple work?

27 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Thanks for the temple shot. The scar looks pretty good prior to the FUE, so I have to imagine the revised result is impressive. I assume a few hundred grafts went into the donor and the rest was the temple work?

No problem. Doc says that you are correct - he placed a few hundred in the scar and worked the rest in the temples. The next time this patient comes in for a follow-up, I'll have him lift the hair so he can capture a photo of the scar area. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, ArochaAngel4247 said:

Hi Steeeve, 

Thanks so much! Attaching the post op pics of the donor! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

thumb__DC13765_1024.jpg

Looking forward to these results, as well!👌🏻

• 5 months later...

Hi all, 

I want to provide some updated photos of this patient. He came back in fairly recently for his follow-up procedure. If you are new to this thread, here is some background: This patient came to Dr. Arocha in 2015 with thinning throughout the frontal third. He had a 2500 FUT procedure and is taking Propecia. He recently underwent a 1500 FUEprocedure to enhance the temple and hide the FUT scar from his initial procedure. The after images were take four years after his original 2500 FUT procedure and 5 months after his 1500 FUE procedure. 

These newest "after" images were taken 11 months after his 1500 FUE procedure: 

thumb__DC11402_1024.jpg

thumb__DC11404_1024.jpg

thumb__DC11406_1024.jpg

thumb__DC11408_1024.jpg

thumb__DC11412_1024.jpg

thumb__DC11414_1024.jpg

thumb__DC11416_1024.jpg

thumb__DC11417_1024.jpg

On 10/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, LaserCap said:

Wow, full and natural....What else could anyone want.

Keep up the good work....

Thanks, LaserCap! Hope you are well....

• Administrators

He has a head of hair I can only dream of haha good work Dr. Arocha.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 9:55 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

He has a head of hair I can only dream of haha good work Dr. Arocha.

Thanks, Melvin! It took him several procedures to get to where he wanted to be, but conservative use of donor over the duration of his procedures, allowed doc to get him to where he is today!

• Like 1

So the timeline on this one is about five years? That's a nice, gradual transformation. The greatest concern with hair loss is regression over time, but this patient has had a slow, steady improvement. Smart of him to jump on things at the early signs of loss. I would think he probably still has some grafts available for the future if necessary.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, makem307 said:

That’s a spectacular result, also how old is the patient?

Great question. This patient is in his early 30's!

10 hours ago, Mycroft said:

So the timeline on this one is about five years? That's a nice, gradual transformation. The greatest concern with hair loss is regression over time, but this patient has had a slow, steady improvement. Smart of him to jump on things at the early signs of loss. I would think he probably still has some grafts available for the future if necessary.

Spot on, Mycroft!