Crown or frontal area

vinzaf19

Hi guys,

I’m considering a hair transplant, as I am receding considerably in the frontal hairline and ever more in my crown area. I first noticed my thin crown area on top of my head at my wedding pics from 9 years ago, and things have only increased. If I have one done now, won’t I have to have it done again in a few years as I age? I’m 37 now, and I only want to do this once if possible. Who would you recommend? I’m considering going to Turkey as the price seems much better than here in the US, even with travel.. I’ve heard good things about Erdogan?

• Like 1

Hi Vinza,

If you post some pics of your scalp you will get the best advice.

It's always best to confront the hairline as a priority because that is the first impression folk get off you when you walk into a room. Depending on your available grafts at the back of your head it may be possible to confront both front and crown together.

Even at 37 it's difficult to predict where your hairloss will eventually end up. Older male relatives may give you some clues and there are medications you can take (Finasteride & Minoxidil) to delay any future balding which will help delay/eliminate the need for a follow up procedure.

Again, only pics will tell.

Dr Erdogan is a highly rated surgeon, there are others worldwide recommended by this site, just follow the link below

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-loss-doctors.asp

Something to consider. If you go FUT you will see more hairs survive and also possibly be able to get more hairs for both at once. FUE has a smaller yield of survival and from what Ive seen on this site some doctors recommend only 2500 grafts a session (donar dependent you might get more or less) but others do mega sessions, so there are options. I also see many members post some surgeons are better for FUE and some for FUT so do a little research for yourself.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

Hi Vinza ,

Do your homework and follow this steps :

1. Post your pictures in the forum .You will have input and different opinions .But remember , you know what suit you the best .What bothers you the most ( the front , the back or all ).Statistics show that 60 to 70 % of patients will have a second surgery during their lifetime .Don't restrict yourself .There is no guarantee it will work 100% the first time .Be open to do a touch up if needed to get you where you want .

2. Schedule an in person consultation with doctors ( at least 2 or three ).They will do an in depth analysis of your scalp with dermatoscope and propose you a lifetime treatment plan .

Medical therapy and surgery ( for me ) is a requirement to achieve your goal especially if you don't want to do many surgeries down the road .

3. Choose your surgeon .

4.Dr Erdogan is a highly recommended doctor  ( send him pictures with enough details about your hair loss and you will get his feedback ). 

We are offering in person  consultation  in our clinic in Atlanta .( customer.care@mywhtc.com ) or you can also contact me .

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians