Womens Hair replacement

This may be the most unusual request or question you may have gotten but I assure you it is genuine. My wife has had significant hair loss - only not on her head. After one too many "Brazilian wax jobs"  she is quite absent of pubic hair. This is very disturbing to her. We would like to ask the Board members if they knew of any doctors doing pubic hair replacements. Head hair is abundant and thick. We live in SW Virginia but can travel. Thank you for any help.

Never heard of this before...it could be an acute shedding cycle of the hair in that area.

How long has the area been like this?  If less than 4 months, I would give it more time to see if a new growth cycle will be emerging.  I would not recommend surgery at the present time in case some new growth is on the horizon.

You might also recommend that she contact a dermatologist who has experience in treating hair loss without surgery.

And I wonder if applying minoxidil is a possibility...possibly the doctor can shed more light on this.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY