A few questions about Dr. CINIK and more

My fellow warriors in the battle against balding,

I've decided to take the plunge and get a hair transplant! I'm going to be in Europe this summer anyway, so now's the time. I'm a 25 year-old Norwood 2.5. I have a naturally large forehead and a widow's peak, so my hair loss is especially pronounced. After I started balding I went from having fair success in the dating field to struggling. It's done a number on my self-esteem. So,
this is much-needed.

For my budget I have to go to Turkey (or Hungary, but I don't see many reviews about Hungarian clinics here). It looks like Cosmedica, Clinica, and Dr. Cinik are the more reputable budget clinics. Cinik seems to be the least mill-like and have the happiest legitimate reviews. I contacted all of them and have some questions:

My experience communicating with the clinics hasn't been anything like what the others are saying. The whatsapp conversations seem pushy and blunt as opposed to the pleasant conversations others have reported. Is this how they start out until you commit to one or am I getting a bad bunch? Or should I be using a different method of communication?

Cinik's assistant (Sera) said that for the "standard" package, Cinik doesn't open the channels. But there are reviews on here from people who seemed to pay for the standard packages that say Dr. Cinik performed some parts of their procedure. Especially this great review from lukeyb1687.

Both Cinik and Cosmedica said 2000-2500 grafts seems appropriate. Would more yield greater density or a lower hairline? One said I can come back again, but I know these clinics do 3500+ grafts in one procedure, so the number isn't the problem. I just don't want to be stuck looking thin and pluggy or still have a massive forehead when I don't need to.

Are there other clinics in the 2500 euro range that are equally reputable? Maybe even one with more doctor involvement?

This is my first post on the forums so I hope I've followed all the rules. Cheers guys.

hrn.png

Edited by wheredidmyfolliclesgo

Hi, I also got my HT with Dr.Cinik. I paid for the second option which includes him opening the channels. I always thought that it'd be better if the Dr. makes it because his name is on it, instead of a technician who can have a bad day and nothing to lose if he/she doesn't perform it in a good way.

You made the first step, so good luck!, after a year or so, you'll be a totally different looking person

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts

fespafer,

Your results look very promising! I think in a few months you'll have great hair. I wish you the best of luck. I see you're pleased overall with your experience. How did the clinic seem? Some people  complain that these clinics are like factories turning out patients as fast as possible, and that you barely talk with the doctor. Did your experience feel like that?

Edited by wheredidmyfolliclesgo

I've been told that they've recently moved to a new Hospital with bigger and better rooms. My experience was great, also my brother had the same feeling. They did everything in time (transfers, surgeries,...) And was available all the time for any doubt we had.

As far as I know, there was 3 patients in the morning and 2 in the evening the same day we were there (I'm talking about surgeries where Dr. Cinik did the channels).

I can't say my HT is a success yet, I still have to wait 3-4 more months for that, but I felt confident with how they treated me.

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts

I saw this post by Dr Blake about cheap hair clinics that seems relavant (about you looking at more than 2500 grafts)(also, he is a proponent of a patient's first HT being a FUT, with follow on FUE, just FYI):

Something else patients MUST remember too -- and I do not think I saw it mentioned here previously: remember that the donor area is a very finite resource. You are only gifted with a certain number of scalp grafts in the donor area and once they are gone, you're done. One big FUE pass from a tech clinic and you can wipe out the entire donor. I have seen it with my own two eyes multiple times. And let me tell you, it is awful having to tell these patients who are there for repair that there is nothing you can do aside from removing grafts and referring to a good SMP practice (shout out to Erik at Ahead Ink!) because the "bank" is empty.

I agree that although techs may be good, I want the precision work done by the doc. I think follicle extraction and hairline incisions are the most important "artistry" of the procedure. I despite good ratings and whatnot (regardless of clinic), I'd be a little nervous when a doc is spread too thin. I understand sometimes/some days there may be multiple <1000 graft sessions, but a doc that regularly does 4+ HT sessions a day would give me some pause. I get burned out with my jobs, I'm sure they're human too.

I think 2500 grafts would be enough for a bit-more-than conservative HT for you (hairline of someone under 40 - I think "conservative" hairline is a 50+ year old's hairline). It was for me, and I had a similar pattern, with the widow's peak. For transparency, there is a bit of risk with hair density with my procedure, but there is some donor remaining to address my crown when I eventually lose it. If you do more than 3000 grafts, you may be throwing too much of your resource at a problem. This is a single humble opinion.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide