How Many Hair Grafts required to achieve this Hairline ?

Hello Everyone,

So I have been basking in glory of my Hair Transplant for the last couple of years, It has been 6 Years now since I got my HT Done. As a result of my 2 Major and 2 Minor Hair Transplant Procedures, I have been told I am out of Donor Area. I have never used Body Hair Grafts not even a single Hair Graft.

I wanted to ask you guys, for your opinion, How many Hair Grafts do you guys think would be required, lets say If I wanna fill in this area which I have marked ?

And just in case, in the event of absolutely no Scalp Hair Grafts available Do you guys think Body Hair Grafts (Beard or Chest) can be used there, as I do not have any choice now, since I am not left with any Scalp Donor Hair.

Do you guys think Body Hair can also be blended in that area as it is not a very big area ?

I know Body Hair Grafts are not used near Hairline But since I am out of Scalp Donor Hair, I have no choice !!

How many Grafts do you thin would be required to achieve that area ?

Please comment guys !

Thanks !!

HT.jpeg

Edited by augustya

Hello. It will be nice if we could see some pics of your donor area please? It seems that what you need is a surface area of 5 or 6 cm2 which may require 250 grafts around. Some of these need to be single hair grafts. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Augusta,

I pretty much agree with Dr. Barghouthi; I would estimate around 200 grafts total for that little area. This may seem a little high, but keep in mind that you are lowering the hairline there so it must be dense. You may also need some multis behind the tight packed singles to make sure the corner is nice and dense -- as you appear to comb from left to right. 

I would advise you not to use body hair grafts in that area. This will arguably be the most visible region on your entire scalp (with the left to right comb) and you want nothing but the highest quality scalp grafts there. Like Dr. Barghouthi said, please share some donor pictures if possible. I would be shocked if you could not steal out 200 or so more from your donor. I have taken 200 - 300 many times from donors patients believe were "tapped." 

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yes I totally agree with Dr. Bloxham. Avoid body hair for your hairline area. I also agree that it is probably possible to get this number from your donor area. Will be nice to see your donor pics.

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

DO NOT use BHT grafts in the hairline. I would rather deplete my donor hair and then transplant the BHT to the donor.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hello. It will be nice if we could see some pics of your donor area please? It seems that what you need is a surface area of 5 or 6 cm2 which may require 250 grafts around. Some of these need to be single hair grafts. 

17 hours ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

Augusta,

I pretty much agree with Dr. Barghouthi; I would estimate around 200 grafts total for that little area. This may seem a little high, but keep in mind that you are lowering the hairline there so it must be dense. You may also need some multis behind the tight packed singles to make sure the corner is nice and dense -- as you appear to comb from left to right. 

I would advise you not to use body hair grafts in that area. This will arguably be the most visible region on your entire scalp (with the left to right comb) and you want nothing but the highest quality scalp grafts there. Like Dr. Barghouthi said, please share some donor pictures if possible. I would be shocked if you could not steal out 200 or so more from your donor. I have taken 200 - 300 many times from donors patients believe were "tapped." 

16 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes I totally agree with Dr. Bloxham. Avoid body hair for your hairline area. I also agree that it is probably possible to get this number from your donor area. Will be nice to see your donor pics.

Thank You Dr. Barghouthi & Dr. Bloxham for your kind opinion, As requested I have attached a close-up picture of my Donor Area and also a link to the Video of May Scalp Donor Area. I do understand the Fundamentals of Hair Transplant and the fact that, to create a Hairline, Body Hair grafts should not be used, but that is in Ideal Situation !! what in a scenario where in the Candidate is completely out of Scalp Donor Hair and he still wants something to be done in terms of Hair Transplant, then what ?

Attached is my Photo and Video of Scalp Donor Hair Area.

https://imgur.com/pxDxqgB - Photo

https://imgur.com/7kaOhlp - Video

One more question to you, lets say if as you have been suggesting that even in worst case scenario 200 Scalp Hair Grafts is completely doable, but lets say I am told that Only 100 Hair Grafts can be harvested tops, in such a case can a Mix and Match of 100 hair Grafts from the Scalp Donor Area and rest Body Hair Grafts can this be cleverly used ? with a Mix and Match.

I do get the point that BHT should not be used in creating Hairline, but what If I am said I do not have any Scalp Hair Donor left then what do I do ? 

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

DO NOT use BHT grafts in the hairline. I would rather deplete my donor hair and then transplant the BHT to the donor.

Deplete Donor Hair is understandable, but what once it starts showing gaps between your Hair in the Back of your Head in your Scalp Donor Hair area ? will that not look cosmetically Bizzare ? It will, isnt it ?

Edited by augustya

When I looked at the pic I thought what is this guy on about ,the video  shows that yes you need to be careful ,though as a layman I would have thought you could steal a few hundred well chosen grafts ,be interesting to see what the Docs think.   

Augustya,

looking at those pics and video there should be no problem getting even more than what is needed. It looks very reassuring to be able to do the job. Yes it is a donor that is clearly extracted but the overall appearance with long hair is good. Shaving or even going between the long hairs to extract what is needed is possible without jeopardizing the area.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Augustya,

looking at those pics and video there should be no problem getting even more than what is needed. It looks very reassuring to be able to do the job. Yes it is a donor that is clearly extracted but the overall appearance with long hair is good. Shaving or even going between the long hairs to extract what is needed is possible without jeopardizing the area.

So Dr you are saying I dont need to venture out in BHT Yet, since 250 Hair Grafts which is what is required for my requirement can be comfortable managed from this Scalp Donor Hair even in the current Condition ? is that correct ?

On 4/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, augustya said:

Hello Everyone,

So I have been basking in glory of my Hair Transplant for the last couple of years, It has been 6 Years now since I got my HT Done. As a result of my 2 Major and 2 Minor Hair Transplant Procedures, I have been told I am out of Donor Area. I have never used Body Hair Grafts not even a single Hair Graft.

I wanted to ask you guys, for your opinion, How many Hair Grafts do you guys think would be required, lets say If I wanna fill in this area which I have marked ?

And just in case, in the event of absolutely no Scalp Hair Grafts available Do you guys think Body Hair Grafts (Beard or Chest) can be used there, as I do not have any choice now, since I am not left with any Scalp Donor Hair.

Do you guys think Body Hair can also be blended in that area as it is not a very big area ?

I know Body Hair Grafts are not used near Hairline But since I am out of Scalp Donor Hair, I have no choice !!

How many Grafts do you thin would be required to achieve that area ?

Please comment guys !

Thanks !!

HT.jpeg

You should altogether avoid going for this procedure. Agreed that hair transplantation is a cosmetic procedure. However, it is also a surgical procedure. And at some point you must stop.

You have already exhausted you scalp donor as per your post. You should never plant body hair or beard hair on your hairline. 

Your hair looks good. And it looks natural. 

Please do not opt for this hairline augmentation  procedure. I think you should just enjoy the great hair that you already have. 

It is just my opinion. Although I have seen people who have gone through multiple procedures and extracting approx 200 grafts from the scalp donor for a hairline procedure shouldn't be much of a hassle if the extraction is done in a discreet fashion.

Altogether, this procedure seems totally unnecessary.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

3 hours ago, augustya said:

So Dr you are saying I dont need to venture out in BHT Yet, since 250 Hair Grafts which is what is required for my requirement can be comfortable managed from this Scalp Donor Hair even in the current Condition ? is that correct ?

Yes. What I said is that you shouldn’t opt for BHT for your hairline. 250 from your donor should be possible. Nonetheless, I do agree with the fact that it is a nice coverage that you achieved over the years and that it is now extremely optional. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators
5 hours ago, augustya said:

That's when you use your body hair to transplant in to the donor. Under no circumstance is it acceptable to transplant body hair in to the hairline.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Unless there's more that this picture isn't telling us, I think Melvin is the voice of reason here. Are you sure that you aren't maybe battling a touch of dysmorphia? Your hairline looks pretty full in this photo and the adjustment you're mentioning is so minor, especially in light of how much work you've had done previously.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but who is going to notice this proposed change other than you?

Augusta, 

You're welcome. 

Thank you for sharing the detailed video of your donor. You have absolutely been "hit;" no question about that. The donor is thinner than it should be. However, I still think you can get 200 grafts out of it. Go to someone who will use a manual (non-motorized) punch, go very slow, and promise you that they will stop the case and not cause more donor thinning if the grafts are not coming out (opposed to doing 400 - 500 attempts just to get out the 200 grafts). If they stop, then at least you tried; but do not let anyone go aggressive back there. 

Like a few others stated, I would highly discourage you from doing BHT in the hairline. As unhappy as you may be with a higher and slightly thinner hairline (it still looks great, by the way), I can all but guarantee you will be more upset with an unnatural looking appearance in the front that draws attention. 

Just as a point of reference, I want to share a very abused donor I was still able to get around 300 grafts out of via FUE. His donor had been essentially destroyed (by a well-known clinic only performing FUE), but I was able to very carefully (took me basically a full surgical day) go around to unused or less "hit" areas (the sides) and safely remove about 300 grafts. So if he can get a few hundred, I think you can get a few hundred. 

IMG_8031.thumb.JPG.29057cd371b938ed62eb83e9f91e83ce.JPG

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

11 hours ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

Augusta, 

Thank you for sharing the detailed video of your donor. You have absolutely been "hit;" no question about that. The donor is thinner than it should be. However, I still think you can get 200 grafts out of it. Go to someone who will use a manual (non-motorized) punch, go very slow, and promise you that they will stop the case and not cause more donor thinning if the grafts are not coming out (opposed to doing 400 - 500 attempts just to get out the 200 grafts). If they stop, then at least you tried; but do not let anyone go aggressive back there. 

So If I just can ask you here, what are  the advantages in my current situation of a Manual Punch over a Motorized Punch ?