paid for 4000 grafts. how to be sure 4000 were planted.?

Keivan

So being currently 35 male with 1 4000g session 8 years ,which in have to SAY although I was freaked out depressed and anxiety on blast post couple days  after surgery, Time went on n my hair was starting  to look full n  alive . allthing  within that year delivered about  what the doc had said. , .. 

so my main concern and always the question I asked myself since the surgery till ,ore s now due to considering  a 2nd surgery is do doctors really (for ex mine) plant 4000 grafts that's been payed for and can we as patient get anyknida  firm and solid convincing certainty perhaps thru any visual aspect. ,

ŕeally it's been concerning a lot considering where to go and finally chose the surgeon  that can somehow whatever way just make me comfortable I'm in trusted hands. 

I mean we go to various surgeons for obviously pricing experience patients pics and testimonials to fairly say u done your research and safe to decide where is best for u. but if anyone can help gimme anything  on my issue plz do so thx,

after all doc will always tell you words bringing happiness like oh ya 4000 got all in. or actually managed to put a lil more than in thought. . perhaps it's true , and perhaps it's all 5050 so they gotta tell all patients positive comments meanwhile 50% could possible be scamming , charging for  x amount  but will or only handle a percentage of x to harvest and plant..

or tell you they did but later when hair at 12 months doesn't appear  half of what was told it would. than possible not for certain if u gombacl to your doc and ask what's the deal with what I purchased   and recommended  by u isn't near close to your visual pic and of others I my shoes. pretty  much half of the expectation told to me,   I would not doubt if they use the oh well u your u did not do and take care of the Groton period  as instructed. . 

sorry men, it's my big worry and maybe I'm all just paranoid and this doesn't even happen with doctors. nut if anyone can help relate. appreciated very much.

• Like 1

Can you post a photo?  That would help.

Lots to consider....First, let's talk about trust.  Why did you choose this particular doctor/clinic?  Did you have an initial consultation and did they explain everything to you?  Did you see photos of their work?  How many.  What did the doctor do to build rapport with you?

Once the donor area has been harvested, the clinical staff goes to work, (typically under microscopes).  Here is where the grafts are separated into 1, 2, 3, 4 hairs.  Further, there will be fine hair for hairline work and thicker caliber follicles to be placed farther back into the pattern.  Once all has been separated, the staff gives the count to the doctor.  This is how the doctor knows how many sites to make.  Do you remember someone counting as the doctor was making sites?

Here comes the first pitfall....Depending on what you and the doctor decided during the consultation....If the staff is short of the number, (say the only got 3800 and are 200 grafts short), the doctor could tell the staff to get all 4 hair grafts and make them into 1 hair grafts. So splitting grafts is one issue.

Second issue, the staff got the 3800 but told you they placed 4000. I've seen it happen.

Industry wise and I think most consultants and doctors will agree, when we discuss hair restoration we mention a frontal area, a top area and a back area.  And most of the time we promote working from front to back as it is the front you see when you interact with others or when you are looking at yourself in the mirror. About 10 years ago the idea of leaving a separation in between grafts was very prevalent to allow for graft survival.  Typically about 1200 grafts were placed in the front and 1200 in the top.  For the back we would rely on medical therapy to help with retention of the native hair.  As soon as 4-12 months a second procedure was recommended to then fill in. Techniques have improved so much that now doctors can do 2400 in the front without a problem.  Seems they finally realized that grafts, while may compete for blood supply, can still survive if placed densely.  So the point for you here is...what density do you currently have?  This is why posting your photos is important.

Did the doctor classify you on the Norwood scale?  Did he mention a pattern to you?

Are you doing any type of medical therapy to help you retain the native hair?  Did he talk about this?

Lastly, and what truly irks me is the 4000 number.  Most patients do have a donor area.  Different head sizes.  Can a doctor harvest 5000 grafts at one point? Sure, but the patients head better be HUGE! Off and, if you are on the average head size, I can already tell you that something does not smell right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keivan said:

So being currently 35 male with 1 4000g session 8 years ,which in have to SAY although I was freaked out depressed and anxiety on blast post couple days  after surgery, Time went on n my hair was starting  to look full n  alive . allthing  within that year delivered about  what the doc had said. , .. 

so my main concern and always the question I asked myself since the surgery till ,ore s now due to considering  a 2nd surgery is do doctors really (for ex mine) plant 4000 grafts that's been payed for and can we as patient get anyknida  firm and solid convincing certainty perhaps thru any visual aspect. ,

ŕeally it's been concerning a lot considering where to go and finally chose the surgeon  that can somehow whatever way just make me comfortable I'm in trusted hands. 

I mean we go to various surgeons for obviously pricing experience patients pics and testimonials to fairly say u done your research and safe to decide where is best for u. but if anyone can help gimme anything  on my issue plz do so thx,

after all doc will always tell you words bringing happiness like oh ya 4000 got all in. or actually managed to put a lil more than in thought. . perhaps it's true , and perhaps it's all 5050 so they gotta tell all patients positive comments meanwhile 50% could possible be scamming , charging for  x amount  but will or only handle a percentage of x to harvest and plant..

or tell you they did but later when hair at 12 months doesn't appear  half of what was told it would. than possible not for certain if u gombacl to your doc and ask what's the deal with what I purchased   and recommended  by u isn't near close to your visual pic and of others I my shoes. pretty  much half of the expectation told to me,   I would not doubt if they use the oh well u your u did not do and take care of the Groton period  as instructed. . 

sorry men, it's my big worry and maybe I'm all just paranoid and this doesn't even happen with doctors. nut if anyone can help relate. appreciated very much.

Hello,

It is okay to have anxiety after or prior to the procedure. There are so many scammers out there ruining the lives of hair transplant seekers and for genuine surgeons alike. It is only but natural to have this fear.

However, I am sure if you chose a genuine doctor then he must have planted the total number of grafts promised or even more. After all, the donor grafts are extracted from your own scalp and it is not a commercial commodity to be imported or exported. However, what is more important is the use of new instrumentation for each patient. 

I feel, personally that there is nothing to be gained except for a potentially bad testimonial by planting lesser grafts for a patient. 

Black market surgeries have sprung up with vigour. They make the scenario hazy and difficult for us to identify the genuine doctors. However, the end results would be the biggest advocates for the doctors.

Expectation also plays a major role. If the patient's expectations intermingle with the doctors' vision of the particular case then ther results would be satisfying and scientific for each individual. 

I think it is best if patients make a private video for themselves during the extraction process and implantation process so that they have the exact.count for the grafts being done. Or if patients have a family member who can stay with them during the procedure to make sure of the count.

"Trust" is too abstract to rely upon. It is something that not everyone can nurture. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Moderators

I don't know how most clinics do it, but I can tell you how True and Dorin counted the grafts when I was there. While they are removing the grafts via FUE they send small batches to the techs who look at them, cut ff any excess tissue, and count all the good grafts. Then they  write the number of good grafts removed so far on a board that the patient can see. This is updated several times as the day goes on and they continue to remove and count grafts.

When it's time to plant them all, the Dr pokes the incision holes in the recipient site and a technician counts them as he is doing it and calls out each hundred to him to make sure they get to the number of grafts that are available to be transplanted. I can easily count along with them if I want to.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.