Toms

Best clinics for small (up to 1000 grafts) surgeries, for example, extending temple points?

I'm looking to extend my temples a little bit, because my head is round and fat, which ruins the front profile, so I need a little bit of a frame to my face. For now I'm close to coming to an agreement with Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Keser, but both are a bit slow to answer (multiple days for a reply). So in the meantime I thought I'd see if there are other doctors the members of this forum could recommend for small surgeries.image.thumb.png.920f566fedc162dfc286ba2ccbe24f70.png

image.png

• Like 1

I gather you would like to pay per graft.  Because this is a small case, some may try/want to charge you more, (total for job, similar to eyebrow work).  Considering all that is involved, clinical staff wise), it is something to keep in mind.  (Prepping the room, cleaning afterwards, etc).  

I may have a few doctors for you.  Do you mind traveling? 

The top doctors are not really known for doing smaller procedures...they are known for their proven talent in results regardless of the size of the procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY

@LaserCap

Of course I don't mind traveling, I would have to travel regardless of what doctor I choose. So I'm all ears.

@gillenator

I figured. I'll probably go with either Keser or Bisanga anyway since I love the results I've seen from them, but since the communication is pretty slow, I thought I'd ask this on this forum.

I'm actually OK with the prices that have been offered from both Bisanga and Keser, it's just that I want to discuss the details before traveling, but it takes a few days to get a single reply, so it might take a while until I'm all set.

Did you have a procedure before or is this your first? Do you have any pictures showing the front view so we can see how your face is framed currently?

@Toms

Just curious, how old are you?

International Patient Advisor for Bisanga and Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece

Visit the website at: https://bchairtransplant.com  -  E-Mail:  bc2@bchairtransplant.com  -   WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Your temple points look fine to me. Don't try to get some sort of perfect temple point because there's no such thing as everyone's looks different. I personally never had temple points. My hair went almost straight up from my sideburns to the hairline. In my opinion it's not worth the risk for a few grafts that aren't needed. temple points are hard to get right. There's a chance you could look worse. Why take that chance for such a minor issue?  Now if you had actual real loss of the temple points I would go for it because then it does make a big difference, but you don't have that issue.

Posted (edited)

As one of the very few patients with a similar small procedure, here is my take:

1. You are looking for way less than 1000 FU. Maybe 100-200 FU

2. I assume that great clincis will charge you at least 8-10 € / graft (the less grafts you need the more expensive).

3. A lot of clinics will not take you as a case either because they think it is not worth it for you or it is no business case for them (Lupanzula did not want to take my case for example). 

4. Temple points are very difficult to rebuilt and often look to "hard" (which would make you current hairstyle impossible).

5. A clinic with an approach like Keser would be the best option, BUT I have not seen many Keser temple points and one guy here had a great great result from Keser and still went to another clinic (Lupanzula) for temples (You should find his thread and contact him). His temples look fantastic but still cannot shave as short as he wants to. 

If I look at all this points: I think it is not worth it as risk to benefit ratio is poor. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

13 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Your temple points look fine to me. Don't try to get some sort of perfect temple point because there's no such thing as everyone's looks different. I personally never had temple points. My hair went almost straight up from my sideburns to the hairline. In my opinion it's not worth the risk for a few grafts that aren't needed. temple points are hard to get right. There's a chance you could look worse. Why take that chance for such a minor issue?  Now if you had actual real loss of the temple points I would go for it because then it does make a big difference, but you don't have that issue.

The more I see the post, the more I like it.  Symmetry is not a good thing.  If it looks too perfect it starts looking like a wig,  Asymmetric is what is all about when we are discussing naturalness.  Second point, this is a very specialized area.  Difficult, if not impossible, to find this caliber hair int he donor area.  If too thick, it will stand out and will not look good,  Worse, it will be permanent.  Honestly, do nothing.  (BeHappy, good job!)

19 hours ago, Toms said:

I'm looking to extend my temples a little bit, because my head is round and fat, which ruins the front profile, so I need a little bit of a frame to my face. For now I'm close to coming to an agreement with Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Keser, but both are a bit slow to answer (multiple days for a reply). So in the meantime I thought I'd see if there are other doctors the members of this forum could recommend for small surgeries.image.thumb.png.920f566fedc162dfc286ba2ccbe24f70.png

image.png

Hello,

It is important for you to be aware throughout of the fact that even though you are going on for a lesser number of grafts, it is still on the temple points and can define your look in some manner. If done in an in correct fashion, it is so clearly visible as it is on the spotlight when someone encounters you.

There are so many factors that might scare you but always remember that any genuine doctor would be more than happy to take up your procedure. 

I feel that most hair transplant surgeons are doctors at the end of the day and will always want their patients to have the best. 

It is also important for you to see your comfort, budget, satisfaction with the doctor you choose and your likeness to his body of work.

With the advancement in technology and instrumentation, it is highly unlikely that you will have to go through a nightmare unless you go for a good and genuine doctor. 

Just be more careful to ask the doctors you visit to explain their plan for your temple points augmentation and if they are sure of the angles and the intelligent placement of the right caliber grafts.

It should look natural at the end of the day.

Having said that, your hair caliber is so good. I wish I had such beautiful hair. My hair is frizzy and like steel wires... Do you use any specific product on your hair?

Counsellor at Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

If you are really set on doing it, Feller and Bloxam in NY used to do what they called "Lunchtime FUE" which was basically small FUE sessions of less than 300 grafts. I don't know if they still do those or not, but you can reach out to them and ask.