10 Years after Hair Transplant 👈

Hi,

I'm not sure how many HT users there are after such a long time, but I had some questions into the long term implications of an HT.

My questions:

1. Are you happy with the transplant after all these years?
  2. Are you comfortable with the scar?
  3. With the current options, would you have started with FUE or FUT/FUSS?
  4. Has your hair continued to recede? If so, are you doing anything to combat it (another HT, medication, etc)?
  5. Are you still on medication (propecia, minox, etc)?

Thank you

• Administrators

@Bill - Managing Publisher

Our managing publisher Bill, is going on 15 years. He’s not on propecia or minoxidil as far as I’m aware. Feel free to check out his journey.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, mephesto said:

Hi,

I'm not sure how many HT users there are after such a long time, but I had some questions into the long term implications of an HT.

My questions:

4. Has your hair continued to recede? If so, are you doing anything to combat it (another HT, medication, etc)?

Thank you

#1.  I had my first transplant in 2011 so only 8 years, but I am totally pleased.

#2. I had FUT for my first transplant and I wear my hair long so that was never a problem.

#3. FUT because of the horrible haircut needed for FUE

#4. I think my hairloss has pretty much stopped and I never used any potions.

#5. No Medication

2nd Transplant 09/10/2018 and doing great.  Now I am going for the Moses look including the beard. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

2 hours ago, Dazed said:

#1.  I had my first transplant in 2011 so only 8 years, but I am totally pleased.

#2. I had FUT for my first transplant and I wear my hair long so that was never a problem.

#3. FUT because of the horrible haircut needed for FUE

#4. I think my hairloss has pretty much stopped and I never used any potions.

#5. No Medication

2nd Transplant 09/10/2018 and doing great.  Now I am going for the Moses look including the beard. LOL

Thank you! It's refreshing to see positive results after so many years

2 hours ago, mephesto said:

Thank you! It's refreshing to see positive results after so many years

Not sure how old you are but keep in mind he is in his 70s I believe so his hair has likely stabilized and meds aren’t required. Younger guys will more than likely need to continue and use treatments to try and stabilize their native hair

7 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

Not sure how old you are but keep in mind he is in his 70s I believe so his hair has likely stabilized and meds aren’t required. Younger guys will more than likely need to continue and use treatments to try and stabilize their native hair

Ah, I didn't realize that -- good point. I'm 29 so I have more hair loss to look forward to (even with medication)

3 hours ago, mephesto said:

Ah, I didn't realize that -- good point. I'm 29 so I have more hair loss to look forward to (even with medication)

I’m in the same position as you. I’m early 30s and began losing in my teens. It has been progressive over the years, however, treatment such as fin (which should be a mainstay in most young guys arsenal who are unseeing surgery) is important and advised by many doctors as it can drastically slow down and in some cases stop hair loss.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:46 PM, mephesto said:

Hi,

My questions:

Thank you

Had the majority of my work done in 2008 so 11 years ago now, have changed things up a bit with procedures between to refine the hairline etc between the and now.

1) extremely happy, life changing!

2) yes, I had FUT, I’d prefer to not have it, but the choice between that and a bald head is a no brainer, and it doesn’t really affect how I have my hair 

3) I’d have still done FUT

4) no hair loss since meds’ (propecia and regaine) in 2007

5) yes

here is my thread in case you’re interested

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Great post ^ 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:52 AM, PlzRespond said:

Good point, I forgot to mention that.  I just thought everybody knew my dark secret.  LOL  I could use some transplants in the crown area, but at 71 it is time to quit.  This site has been great and very informative.  Good luck to everybody on their journey.  It is hard to remember how thin my hair was in 2011, but you also can make it to the promised land.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

spex, all I can say is WOW.  Are you complete and satisfied?