Finasteride Advice

ClarkKent77

Hello, everyone. 

I'm about to start finasteride, and I have some questions:

1) Where should I get it? Doctors? Chemist? A hairloss clinic?

2) Are there different types? Name? Brand? Are there any benefits of going with name brands over the cheaper alternatives?

3) I would like to start with a "low" dose. How many mgs would qualify as low or high?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

1. you can get it from your general doctor, dermatologist, or online at places like HIMS. I got mine from a dermatologist and have a recurring prescription every 3 months.

2. there is the generic version "finasteride" or the brand name Propecia. I dont think there are any hard results/studies that show one is better than the other. I go with generic finasteride.

3. a low dose to start off with would be .5mg every other day. My finasteride comes in 1mg pills. Propecia comes in 5mg tablets I believe that you have to cut in pieces.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:01 PM, ClarkKent77 said:

Hello, everyone. 

I'm about to start finasteride, and I have some questions:

1) Where should I get it? Doctors? Chemist? A hairloss clinic?

2) Are there different types? Name? Brand? Are there any benefits of going with name brands over the cheaper alternatives?

3) I would like to start with a "low" dose. How many mgs would qualify as low or high?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello,

1. You should get it from any chemist store and you should definitely take the Doctor's prescription. The medication is available everywhere and does not have to be from very specific clinics.

2. Finasteride shouldn't be expensive. I think the members in the forum from your country can help with the trusted brand names.

3. You can go for 1 mg every day when you start and then taper it to 2 mg a week after a year of finasteride consumption.

I have suggested the above according to my personal experience with the medication. And I did not face any hassle in procuring or taking the medication. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 4/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, spex said:

In the UK getting the actual prescription is the most difficult part as very few GPs are informed or willing to prescribe it. Speaking directly to an informed GP willing to prescribe is of great use. Try your own GP first as mentioned as they might be willing to help but experience has proven it can be tricky.  

Regards

Spex

Hi Spex. Can Finasteride be bought from India and bring back to UK?

7 minutes ago, Looking for HT said:

I'll answer this one for Spex. Yes, it can, most patients opt for a years supply rather than the recommended 6 months. Dr Bhatti will issue you with a prescription for customs purposes but I'm yet to come across anyone who has been stopped and questioned.

The same applies for Minoxidil. Generally the cost in India is less than half of that in the UK.

Edited by Shera

Just now, Shera said:

I'll answer this one for Spex. Yes, it can, most patients opt for a years supply rather than the recommended 6 months. Dr Bhatti will issue you with a prescription for customs purposes but I'm yet to come across anyone who has been stopped and questioned.

Thanks Shera

5 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

In India, medications are like candies. You can purchase them like candies. And most people eat them like candies. And since most of us Indians, including the chemists, believe in "prescription, what's that?" principle, you can purchase a lifetime of Finax in a single go. 

But in all seriousness, do check the expiry date of the medicines if you take them in bulk from here.

Dr. Reddy's and Finpecia are two of the most loved brands. They should cost you approximately Rs. 250 for 30 tablets.

😇😇

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ