Please recommend doctors to me

Hello everyone,

After getting a 2nd HT, I suffered shock loss to my previous HT hairs and its been over 18 months and they are pretty much not going to grow back. 

Can anyone recommend a HT doc in the east coast that is GREAT at avoiding shock loss?

Edited by Win88

1 hour ago, Win88 said:

Hello everyone,

After getting a 2nd HT, I suffered shock loss to my previous HT hairs and its been over 18 months and they are pretty much not going to grow back. 

Can anyone recommend a HT doc in the east coast that is GREAT at avoiding shock loss?

Hi Win,

I'm sorry to hear about your scenario. Did your first surgeon say why they believe your transplanted hairs fell out? I thought they would remain if taken from the safe zone.  

Did you have a preference for FUT or FUE?

Are you positive you want to stick to the east coast? I’m in the northeast myself and ultimately decided traveling wasn’t an issue to have something done that is so permanent.

That being said, here are some east coast names that I consider to be top tier: Cooley, Feller & Bloxham, True & Dorin, Carlos Wesley.

I’m sure all of those names have excellent yields with little permanent shock loss. I know Cooley and Wesley perform a lot of no shave procedures, so they might have an edge in preventing temporary shock loss as well.

Edited by RecessionProof

• Administrators

Feller and bloxham, Dr. Wesley, True&Dorin, Dr. Bernstein also Dr. Rahal

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Greg_Swanson said:

Hi Win,

I'm sorry to hear about your scenario. Did your first surgeon say why they believe your transplanted hairs fell out? I thought they would remain if taken from the safe zone.  

Did you have a preference for FUT or FUE?

I did not go back yet to my surgeon. But, I have a feeling they will just deny it and try to defend themselves because reputation is so important...

Does Dr. Rahal still perform surgery or does he let his students perform them now?