raj singh

Flying to India to see Dr Bhatti

So i have spent hours on this forum reading and looking at pictures.I have decided to go with Dr Tejinder Bhatti .Top reason is his strong resume and their assurance of doctor doing all the procedure.

I am going to have the FUE done on April 24th and will be flying from washington DC on 20th.

Will be staying with my parents in Punjab.

I want to post my experience and really excited for this trip as i am visiting India after 11 years.

21 hours ago, raj singh said:

So i have spent hours on this forum reading and looking at pictures.I have decided to go with Dr Tejinder Bhatti .Top reason is his strong resume and their assurance of doctor doing all the procedure.

I am going to have the FUE done on April 24th and will be flying from washington DC on 20th.

Will be staying with my parents in Punjab.

I want to post my experience and really excited for this trip as i am visiting India after 11 years.

Good luck Raj singh, You have made a solid choice in selecting Dr. Bhatti for your HT journey. 

My procedure was in march 2019, just a month ago and already seeing some positive movements / results /magic sprouting around my transplanted area. Not sure if you got a chance to review my detailed post

If you have any doubts or concerns , i highly recommend you to spend time as I tried my best to provide each and every minor detail for future Dr Bhatti patients . Overall, i wish you all the best and do share your journey periodically here .... so we keep a track of each other;s progress :)

All  THE BEST 

When you say the doctor Bhatti  does all the procedure himself do you mean.

1) extractions of grafts.?

2) incisions ?

3) implanting of grafts?

4) Does Dr. Bhatti use any technicians at all and if so what exactly do they do?

........Thanks and all the best ......

................Paddy.........

3 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Good luck Raj singh, You have made a solid choice in selecting Dr. Bhatti for your HT journey. 

My procedure was in march 2019, just a month ago and already seeing some positive movements / results /magic sprouting around my transplanted area. Not sure if you got a chance to review my detailed post

If you have any doubts or concerns , i highly recommend you to spend time as I tried my best to provide each and every minor detail for future Dr Bhatti patients . Overall, i wish you all the best and do share your journey periodically here .... so we keep a track of each other;s progress :)

All  THE BEST 

Thanks for your response and i really appreciate your feedback.

I have read your posts and will be posting my experience as well.

Thanks

19 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

1) extractions of grafts.?

2) incisions ?

3) implanting of grafts?

4) Does Dr. Bhatti use any technicians at all and if so what exactly do they do?

........Thanks and all the best ......

................Paddy.........

1. Bhattidoes the selection of grafts and the "extraction". His staff pull the extracted hairs after he finishes 95% of the work. They pull the hair and place it in the solution which keeps the hair healthy before insertion.

2. Yes, incisions he does.

3. Staff do 90% or all the graft placement.

4. That's about what staff does.

He does the injection if anesthetic. He does the extraction process minus the actual hair removal (quick scoop of the loosened hair). He does the incisions for the recipient hair.

Staff do the rest and handle 95% of post-op care such as washing and medicine application. He told me he is more than happy to have the patient come in daily to have their post op care treatments done in his clinic. I happened to fly out relatively soon after, but if I had the time, I would do my recovery in Chandigarh.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Lenney very well explained.  You provided a lot of information there for anybody considering a trip to Dr Bhatti.

Is Dr Bhatti present during the implantation of grafts or for the first single hairs ?

How long are the technicans working at the Clinic?

Is the punch for extractions manual or motorised  ?

How much does it cost per graft.

..............Thanks again Lenney........

..................Paddy..................

23 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

Thanks Lenney very well explained.  You provided a lot of information there for anybody considering a trip to Dr Bhatti.

Is Dr Bhatti present during the implantation of grafts or for the first single hairs ?

How long are the technicans working at the Clinic?

Is the punch for extractions manual or motorised  ?

How much does it cost per graft.

..............Thanks again Lenney........

..................Paddy...............…

I was face down during the procedure, so I would ask Dr. Bhatti to get a certain answer. Most of the implantation was done by the two person staff, after Bhatti placed the incisions. He did check on everything a couple times, and ended up creating more incisions later in the surgery for placement of remaining hairs (obviously don't want to place unnecessary incisions if there are not sufficient hairs).

How long are technicians working at the clinic? I don't think you mean daily - 8-10 hours per day (my procedure was from 0730-1830). I think you mean their experience with Dr. Bhatti and HTs completed. In this case, I do not know. Again, this question should go to Dr. Bhatti. Maybe ask +/- number of HTs the techs have assisted on. My guess is it is in the thousands (of HTs) for 50%+ of the techs. Just a guess, but I would definitely ask!

Punch is 100% motorized. Incisions are done manually.

Cost per graft: Get a quote from Bhatti. I would ask approximately how many hairs [he thinks] you need, and approximately how much it will cost in INR. I will say that my procedure was slightly less than his official price (I booked during a promotion - for me it was irrelevant(since I was going to use Bhatti anyway), but obviously beneficial). I will say that price is well worth it for the procedure. If you're interested in strategies to reduce some of the [travel] cost, I can link a writeup I did. For me, I got a 2-world wonder 9 day vacation + airfare from Los Angeles to Delhi (then separate round trip flight from Delhi to Chandigarth) plus the procedure for under $5000 USD. PM me and I can tell you what I paid if you're still interested in my procedure cost, but know it will go up 10-15% because of promotion I had.

Glad to help you make an informed decision!🙂

Congrats. You've chosen an excellent surgeon ! Please keep us in the loop on your session.

Regards

Spex

Visit my website : www.spexhair.com 

You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.