Which method should I choose?

I am debating between Sapphire FUE and DHI
What do you think is right for me to choose, based on the following images and details:
Age 33
Hair loss and thinning were felt at age 22
No medical problems

* And what do you think about DHI in Turkey which is performed by technicians?

I'd be glad to hear your opinions

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by kokoloco86

Hi there,

In hair restoration, the choices are really between FUT and FUE. Sapphire, DHI, Choi etc etc are names that emerge as marketing tools mostly to explain a specific part of the procedure- which is the implantation into the recipient sites. It is NOT a stand alone technique. I think what counts is mostly:

1. The best technique is the one that the clinic is delivering consistently great results with and that the entire team is happy and experienced with. Many clinics use forceps for implanting with great results. The rest use implanters and deliver great results too. Each case may also require a specific technique depending on that individual's case. Some types of grafts may require using a specific implanting method. 

2. Implantation is one part of the whole process. It is very important but all other aspects should also be equally important, such as harvesting method, graft storage, aftercare etc. 

Having said that. I do like the Sapphire blades for site creation. I do think they create neat sites with a good healing/scabbing outcome. 

Best of luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

18 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi there,

In hair restoration, the choices are really between FUT and FUE. Sapphire, DHI, Choi etc etc are names that emerge as marketing tools mostly to explain a specific part of the procedure- which is the implantation into the recipient sites. It is NOT a stand alone technique. I think what counts is mostly:

1. The best technique is the one that the clinic is delivering consistently great results with and that the entire team is happy and experienced with. Many clinics use forceps for implanting with great results. The rest use implanters and deliver great results too. Each case may also require a specific technique depending on that individual's case. Some types of grafts may require using a specific implanting method. 

2. Implantation is one part of the whole process. It is very important but all other aspects should also be equally important, such as harvesting method, graft storage, aftercare etc. 

Having said that. I do like the Sapphire blades for site creation. I do think they create neat sites with a good healing/scabbing outcome. 

Best of luck

Thank you so much for the answer!
My dilemma stems mainly from the fact that I am not at the stage of advanced baldness. Therefore, according to what I understand, the transplanting person should also know to implant between the existing follicles in order not to cause them damage.
In the DHI method the needle is thinner, so it seems that there is less chance of such injury...
In addition, according to all articles (which are apparently marketing), it seems that recovery and absorption will be better following the use of Choi Pen, which is characterized by a thin needle that is less harmful when planting the follicle...

Thank you

The point is: you can cause damage with any tool out there. I do favor making sites with sapphire blades regardless whether we use implanters or forceps for the case. I just think they create neat channels with no bevelling effect from the typical needle tips pushing the skin inwards. Ofcourse you should always transplant between existing hair and that has nothing to do with the needle type. It is something that the doc should take care of. 

Implanters are great tools in terms of graft handling and the learning curve is not as steep as forceps. While it has such advantages with graft handling, a big part of their marketing hype is geared towards being able to recruit new techs and get them working straight away. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you

The point is: you can cause damage with any tool out there. I do favor making sites with sapphire blades regardless whether we use implanters or forceps for the case. I just think they create neat channels with no bevelling effect from the typical needle tips pushing the skin inwards. Ofcourse you should always transplant between existing hair and that has nothing to do with the needle type. It is something that the doc should take care of. 

Implanters are great tools in terms of graft handling and the learning curve is not as steep as forceps. While it has such advantages with graft handling, a big part of their marketing hype is geared towards being able to recruit new techs and get them working straight away. 

Thank you for all the information, it definitely helps :)

• Thanks 1