Best Hair Transplant Surgeons in Turkey

• Administrators

This topic comes up a lot, so we decided to compile our best surgeons in Turkey. What do you guys think, whats your list?

Best Hair Transplant Surgeons in Turkey

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Melvin, are these just the surgeons you recommend? Or there are more ? 

What are waiting times like.. I have been thinking of a HT for a few years but now ready to commit. I see people on meds before the ops and like to understand from the community what is the best approach with the current waiting lists and to take meds or not before the op? 

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

We’ve had other Turkish surgeons approved before. However, these are the only two still approved. Dr. Cinik went through the approval process, but many in the community didn’t like the fact that he offers packages where he isn’t involved. I feel those two surgeons are the best. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I believe the surgeons will be looking at commercial aspects and increasing number of ops and calculating that with the demand they can get away with this and come out financially better whist taking less care on quality. You should see how many adverts I get on FB!! All mass HT outfits  

• Administrators

Interesting, what kind of advertisements? 

View my thread

20 minutes ago, Ashforce said:

I believe the surgeons will be looking at commercial aspects and increasing number of ops and calculating that with the demand they can get away with this and come out financially better whist taking less care on quality. You should see how many adverts I get on FB!! All mass HT outfits  

I wouldn’t trust any ads on FB or social media of any clinic, IMO before and after photos by clinics on Instagram or elsewhere are okay to peak your interest but only “trust” patient posted results.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashforce said:

Great how expensive is he? Like to get someone down the middle for pricing if possible but willing to go over if required. What it done one and correctly. 

I think he is 3.5 Euro per graft. Probably the most expensive in Turkey but it's because he does everything himself and he does only 500 grafts per day.

26 minutes ago, Ashforce said:

Great how expensive is he? Like to get someone down the middle for pricing if possible but willing to go over if required. What it done one and correctly. 

Looking at your pictures in the thread you started, not convinced Dr Keser would accept you as a patient as you have more extensive loss and Keser tends to work on smaller cases. Can obviously reach out to him and see what he says but wouldn't be surprised if turns you down.

Edited by Fozzie
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ashforce said:

I would go for the crown first and then the frontal if I had to make a choice 

To be honest, it's advisable to target the front first and then look at addressing the crown and most reputable surgeons will tell you the same. The frontal area is what people see and what frames your face so has to be the priority. The crown also uses up a lot of grafts. Furthermore, from your pictures your crown isn't slick bald but any remaining hair is very likely to go without being on medication. If you were to transplant into the crown now, it may look good for a while but when the remaining native hair goes, you'll be back to square one again.

To be honest, finasteride should be your first port of call when it comes to medication. There is Dutasteride but that is much stronger than finasteride and wouldn't make sense jumping on that without trying finasteride first. Minoxdil will help promote growth but won't do anything to prevent hairloss.

You could try a smaller dose of finasteride (some people start with as little as 0.25mg) and see how you get on. I tried finasteride myself but had to drop it due to side effects. Ideally you should be on finasteride when you have a HT however not being on finasteride doesn't necessarily mean you can't have a HT but you have to curb your expectations somewhat.

Also as I believe you are in your 40s and a clear hairloss pattern has developed, if you did decide against using medication, it's probably a better situation compared to say someone in their 20s going ahead with a HT without medication.

Edited by Fozzie
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion so far, this is the best clinic with real results I have seen in Turkey. Its located in Ankara. A hidden Gem indeed.

HLC Clinic in Ankara is directed by Dr. Özgür Öztan

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45LM0JRBOnGcIasmNTRDEg

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Plenty of good docs in Turkey.  At some point, some weren't even part of any online lists or recommendations.  Look at real patients and look at a doctors entire surgical protocol.  The doctor should be heavily involved in the procedure.  

• Administrators

I'm not familiar with that clinic, but the results do look impressive. Thanks for participating Hariri

View my thread

On 4/14/2019 at 6:24 PM, BjornBorg said:

I think he is 3.5 Euro per graft. Probably the most expensive in Turkey but it's because he does everything himself and he does only 500 grafts per day.

This is not true. I would not recommend him. See the email from them below. The doctor does not do everything for that price. Its an extortion in my opinion regardless of results. You can pay the same amout in UK

Based on the photos that we have received, Dr. Koray Erdogan has evaluated the basic condition of your hair loss and your candidacy for an FUE hair transplant. He has determined that your surgery should consist of 5000 grafts

The surgery will be performed over a period of 2 day(s) with a coverage area of the frontal, mid-scalp and vertex areas. In order to complete your surgical procedure, you will be required to remain in Istanbul for a minimum of 4 day(s) and 3 nights.

Dr. Koray recommends the usage of Finasteride (Proscar or Propecia) in order to maintain and optimize your original hair. Finasteride has the effect of the telogen hairs, which are diluted and are prone to hair loss, to strengthen them as also the own hair again.  If you use Minoxidil or Rogaine you should stop it 1 month before the planned operation.

Enclosed you will find a Photo in which the transplantation area is marked. Kindly note, that this shows only the area which is planned to be transplanted, but is not the planned hairline design. The hairline will be designed together with you and Dr Koray during the live consultation, which will take place one day before the surgery.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or clarification. You will find complete information at the end of this document.

Best Regards

ASMED – Dr. Koray Erdogan

TYPES OF SURGERIES OFFERED 

DES FUE with shaven hair

The technique used in our surgeries is called the DES Method (Dilek-Erdogan Sequential Extraction), created by Dr. Koray Erdogan and the head of the medical team, Dilek Çakir. This technique was highlighted at some of the most important recent international hair restoration congresses and was deemed to be one of the most refined and efficient FUE techniques used today by some of the world's most renowned FUE surgeons. This same technique facilitates a quantity of extractions that until now was unthinkable with FUE using manual instrumentation: up to 5500 high-quality grafts in 2 consecutive days. The extractions take place in a sitting position, the most efficient position for patient comfort and for effective extraction based on our experience. The graft extraction is strictly performed by "manual punch" (we do not use the "micro-motor" or the "motorized punch"). Today, the manual punch is believed to be the most efficient in preserving the donor area of the patient and maximizing the number of extractable grafts. At the same time, it guarantees the highest quality extracted grafts with minimal scarring. For this "standard" type of surgery, the hair is shaven in both the donor and recipient areas.

The cost of this procedure is 2.5 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**

DES FUE "non-shaven" (partially shaven hair)

This type of surgery is executed in a similar manner to that of the DES technique with shaven hair. The difference is that the hair is shaven only in the graft extraction area allowing for a more rapid recovery of normal aesthetic conditions. This results in a quick return to work and a normal social life.   This is a great option for those who have particular necessities or who simply desire greater discretion regarding their surgery. The hair is shaven only in the posterior (back) and lateral (side) areas of the scalp. The maximum number of grafts that can be transplanted with this method are from 3000 units.

The cost is 3 Euros per transplanted unit and also, in this case, includes accommodations for 2-3, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.** 

DES FUE "long hair" (with long hair)

The surgery is performed without shaving the hair at all. The grafts are extracted from the donor area and are implanted in the recipient area maintaining the length of the extracted hair independently of the hair length itself. The remaining aspects of the procedure are handled in a similar way to that of DES FUE with shaven hair. The procedure is more laborious and difficult with long hair. For this reason, the maximum number of units that can be transplanted in one surgery is 2000-2500 grafts spread over 2 days of surgery.

The cost is 5 Euros per transplanted unit including the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.** 

OUR MEDICAL CENTER

Surgeries are performed at the ASMED Surgical Medical Center located in Atasehir, one of the most modern neighborhoods of Istanbul. We work in a hospital setting as required by current regulations in Turkey, and exclusively use the most internationally advanced surgical techniques and instruments available. We invite you to consult the clinic’s website to view the medical structure itself and the operating rooms

SURGICAL PLANNING

An accurate consultation will take place with Dr. Koray Erdogan. This normally occurs the day before the surgery. However, if requested, it is possible to book an appointment at the clinic any time before then. During the consultation, the doctor will perform a scientific study of the characteristics of your alopecia, carefully evaluating factors such as the diameter and the typology of the hair, the condition of scalp area that will be operated upon and the density of the donor area in the parietal (lateral) and the occipital (posterior) of the scalp. This allows for the establishment of an optimal surgical plan that takes into consideration possible future surgeries that when completed, arrive at both a natural and long-term result. A careful study will also be made of the proportions of the face so that the result will enhance your features according to your needs and desires bearing in mind the best management of the donor area resources.

SURGERY

All medical testing for the surgery will be performed in the clinic. Tests performed will be for: infectious diseases, blood pressure, glucose levels, and cardiac rhythm. The operation will be planned and implemented by Dr. Koray Erdogan together with his staff, which is composed of a trusted medical team that is highly experienced and qualified. The procedure is minimally invasive and is carried out under local anesthesia. The extraction of the grafts is performed exclusively by using a tool called the "manual punch" that is to date, the most effective way to preserve the donor area of the patient and maximize the number of grafts that can be removed. At the same time, the manual punch ensures the highest quality of extracted grafts with minimal scarring. At the ASMED clinic, the "motorized punch", also called the “micromotor is not used. The extracted grafts are immersed in an advanced Hypothermosol + ATP solution and maintained at +4 degrees Celsius, which keeps them functionally and biologically active until the implantation phase. Once the extraction of the grafts has been completed, Dr. Erdogan proceeds with the creation of sites in which the grafts are implanted. To complete this phase, specially customized sapphire blades are prepared to measure and a technique is known as the  "Coronal Slit" or more commonly called the “Lateral Slit” is implemented. The technique consists of creating incisions in a manner perpendicular to the direction of the hair and allows for precise control of the direction of the transplanted hair ensuring the minimum possible trauma to the operated area. Finally, surgical assistants place the extracted grafts into the recipient incisions through the use of the KEEP (an acronym for Koray Erdogan Embedding Placer) tool developed and patented by Dr. Erdogan. The tool is designed to optimize graft implantation time while minimizing possible trauma to the grafts.

PRICES AND SERVICES FOR YOUR SURGERY

These are the prices for each of the proposed options:  

5000 FUE GRAFTS: 12500 Euros all inclusive *** (2.5 Euro per graft)  

* Flight ticket fee of up to 300 EUR for European, Near- and Middle Eastern countries, and 500 USD for USA, Australia, Canada, Far Eastern countries will be refunded by ASMED after the flight ticket copy with cost details is provided to your coordinator.

** SURGICAL PACK: K.E.E.P., custom-made sapphire blades, ATP and Hypothermosol graft solution, antibiotics, medical ice-pack, "low level” laser therapy, hat, shampoo, and post-operative lotion. 
The "surgical package" is included in the cost of surgery.

*** SERVICE PACK: Our service package includes all the necessary transportation (airport-clinic-hotel) via ASMED minivan, an assistant/personal translator for the entire duration of the surgery and 2 or 3 nights´ “Full-Board” accommodation at the Asmed Suites (Single Room). 

The "service package" is included in the cost of surgery.

N.B. Patients who will not stay at ASMED Suites can stay at Radisson Blu - Istanbul Asia (transfers to/from the clinic is included) with the ASMED special price offer of 80 EUR/night for a single and 95 EUR/night for a double room for 5 nights. 

OPERATION PLAN

First Day: Arrival at Ataturk Airport (European Side) or Sabiha Gokcen Airport (Asia Side), till 11 am (11:00 o’clock) local time. Our driver will pick you up from the airport and he will bring you directly to the clinic. Live consultation with Dr. Koray and Analyses. EKG and Blood Tests. Hair shaving and thereafter designed Dr. Koray your Frontline and the recipient area. 

Second Day: 2500 Graft extraction/incisions/implantation

Third Day: 2500 Graft extraction/incisions/implantation

Fourth Day: Control and first hair wash procedure. Departure after 2 pm (14:00 o’clock) local time or if you want later. 

If you should decide for surgery in our clinic we ask you for information about your general health condition (allergy to medications or general, diabetes, blood pressure, tachycardia, hemophilia, hepatitis B or C. .... etc) and information about the medication you are taking.

ASMED WARRANTY

ASMED offers a guarantee of 90% regrowth of the transplanted grafts (Note: The growth rate for ASMED procedures is normally higher).  The exception is with special cases that include, for example, health problems that may limit growth, unrealistic expectations or poor predisposition for the surgery. These issues will, in any case, become apparent during the pre-operative consultation with Dr. Koray Erdogan. The clinic is committed to assist and monitor the development and evolution of the surgery for at least 12 months after it takes place. The assistants are always available for any information and will contact the patient periodically to evaluate transplant performance and to facilitate communication with the clinic.     

• Administrators

Extortion?! That sounds ridiculous, hair restoration is a team effort. There is no surgeon that does everything themselves. Suspicious post for sure. Also, the doctor mentioned wasn’t even Dr. Erdogan. 

View my thread