Should you Choose FUE or FUT?

• Administrators

Which procedure did you guys choose and why?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mr S said:

FUE as i like to wear my hair short, less down time, and also my chosen doc only performs FUE.

I agree if you wear your hair short definitely FUE. The down time is a great point. I will add that to the advantages and disadvantages in the description.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I personally had an FUE as I would like the option of wearing my hair short. Although I ended up growing it once my HT succeeded :)))

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Thanks Kiwi,

I think it's important guys out there know about our community. We are not perfect, but we're the number one community for hair transplants and that actually have non-biased reviews with real patients. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it🙌

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks Kiwi,

I think it's important guys out there know about our community. We are not perfect, but we're the number one community for hair transplants and that actually have non-biased reviews with real patients. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it🙌

Without a shadow of a doubt mate, you and Bill keep this place up to scratch and relevant constantly. People come here to be informed and not only you but plenty of the other knowledgeable members really do lend their expertise to help those who are struggling with this issue, it doesn't go amiss at all. When a forum can have world leaders in a particular subject interact with their members (e.g all the great HT surgeons we have that come on here and interact with us plebs by answering our questions and lending their advice and expertise) it shows just how important of a tool it is for both patient and surgeon. Yes it's a business and most of us get that but for all of us men it's personal more than anything... this particular community should be quite proud actually.

• Administrators

Thanks Kiwi appreciate it mate 😊

View my thread

• Moderators

Good video. You pretty much covered it. For myself if I was starting out today I would go with FUT because I have a large area to cover and need the maximum number of grafts plus I don't buzz my sides and back down, so I would easily be able to cover a FUT scar.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hey Melvin,

Firstly, awesome video. Great summary of the differences and positives/negatives.

Secondly, your hair just looks incredible haha. You must be so happy, it frames your face so well - and looks so natural.

Touching on your topic of maximising the grafts, would this sound like a good idea in your opinion:

I need about 2k grafts, but will no doubt have extensive hair loss in the future. Would it be sensible to get a strip of around 2k, and get a good frontal hairline with quality grafts, then use FUE for any subsequent operations?

Just checking I had your combination method right.

Great work :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, bonkling said:

Would it be sensible to get a strip of around 2k, and get a good frontal hairline with quality grafts, then use FUE for any subsequent operations?

If you start out with strip it usually makes sense to go with another strip later. They will cut along the same scar line to get another strip, so you will still have just the one strip scar. Once you get to the point where you can't get any more strip surgeries due to lack of laxity or lack of further good donor zone hair then you can do some FUE.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
On 4/13/2019 at 6:38 AM, bonkling said:

Hey Melvin,

Firstly, awesome video. Great summary of the differences and positives/negatives.

Secondly, your hair just looks incredible haha. You must be so happy, it frames your face so well - and looks so natural.

Touching on your topic of maximising the grafts, would this sound like a good idea in your opinion:

I need about 2k grafts, but will no doubt have extensive hair loss in the future. Would it be sensible to get a strip of around 2k, and get a good frontal hairline with quality grafts, then use FUE for any subsequent operations?

Just checking I had your combination method right.

Great work :)

How short do you wear your hair? It’s sensible to start with strip first and then go to FUE

• Thanks 1

View my thread

22 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How short do you wear your hair? It’s sensible to start with strip first and then go to FUE

Not very, I've always had a long cut. Almost like someone that refused to let go of an emo "it's not a phase mom" do. 

On 4/14/2019 at 6:29 AM, BeHappy said:

If you start out with strip it usually makes sense to go with another strip later. They will cut along the same scar line to get another strip, so you will still have just the one strip scar. Once you get to the point where you can't get any more strip surgeries due to lack of laxity or lack of further good donor zone hair then you can do some FUE.

That makes sense, thanks happy :)