2338 Grafts With Konior: Hairline Restoration (FUT)

1 hour ago, Spanker said:

Agreed. Considering you were completely bald in the majority of the area transplanted, I do not believe you could as for a better result. You could do a second pass for more density, but I would advise you to wait a couple years and see what your hair is doing. 

Exactly right response.  I've had two surgeons tell me that building a new hairline on "virgin" scalp--especially with fair skin and dark hair--is one of the toughest tasks for a surgeon to get right.  And even moreso when there is relatively thick hair behind; really tough to match and look natural.

• Administrators

That’s exactly what 40 grafts per cm2 looks like, it’s not perfect density, but it has completely transformed your appearance. Overall, it looks great.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What a fantastic result, mate. It looks so natural.

I guarantee no one you ever meet would take a second look. You've taken harsh photos, and showed them to a group of folk (us) that are most likely obsessed with how hair looks (I know I am) - so I wouldn't worry at all about density. 

People who aren't balding don't even take a second look at someone's hairline, and yours, even in harsh light, looks absolutely fantastic. Another home run by Dr. K.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2020 at 12:24 AM, 1978matt said:

Did you even read the thread?

From the outset it was explained that this is a conserative HT.  He has very fine hair according to the doctor, and about another 4000 grafts left after this.  Only about 1/4 of his scalp was covered so the rest must be reserved for the middle and crown.

Not everyone has super thick spanish high density donor hair and cannot expect similar results.

This seems more like low survival rate than "conservative" to me.

image.png

image.png

On 10/12/2020 at 6:04 PM, Cristero said:

I agree with you. I think they should have aimed for a better density on the first 1 cm of the hairline and they gradually decrease density while going towards the mid. But as @Curious25said they covered a big area with few grafts and it seems the yield rate has been pretty good.

Very interesting tactic. I would make sure to ask about that once I get my first consultation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whattheFUE said:

This seems more like low survival rate than "conservative" to me.

image.png

image.png

I don't see how this is a low-survival rate at all, seeing as he already stated the density and grafts per cm^2 - it seems bang on to me. 

I really think you're over analysing to an extreme extent. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, whattheFUE said:

The hairline looks spotty and not filled in considering the amount of grafts used. Konior is usually the opposite.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Agree that the density isn't enough to look natural. A 2nd FUE would be necessary, or also possibly cutting hair shorter could help. But at the end it's a personal choice if he is satisfied with this. At least the hairline, except the density, looks natural

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, hairophile said:

Hey@RecessionProof!

What clipper size do you have over the scar area now?

Can you do a size 3 or 2 in the scar area now?

I did a 3 once and the scar wasn't visible, but haven't tried trimming it below that.

Might be my imagination, but I feel like it looks even better under harsh lighting as more time has passed. I'm 2+ years post procedure now and the hair has held together really well.