2338 Grafts With Konior: Hairline Restoration (FUT)

• Administrators

Rock star results, simply amazing congrats 🙌

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:50 PM, RecessionProof said:

7 Months

Just got a short haircut and have to say, being able to style my hair back feels pretty damn good. Every time I get a haircut the new hair blends in better and better. Scar has improved noticeably over the past 2 months as well.

Still hoping for a little more density but there’s definitely been an improvement in the past month, with much more maturing to come. 

I should note that I’m an example of a patient who has very “fine” hair, so I hope this can be a good reference for those with similar characteristics.

New pics below:

1C0CB53D-43E5-4D25-AEBF-42AD42139E75.thumb.jpeg.2d4c90f067dbc3dcde0beb7bf834ae91.jpeg830952FC-DA74-4A30-902A-8DE259A3E422.thumb.jpeg.317d0f58fbf83334a0b281235ba72da7.jpeg11D9A934-E2CF-48A5-8185-E688CFF46C86.jpeg

Awesome! 

Any issues in the “transition zone” where the transplanted hair borders with the native hair? Seems as though this a location that can sometimes be a bit weaker, although it can be easily covered through styling. 

Thanks all! Appreciate the positive feedback.

27 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Awesome! 

Any issues in the “transition zone” where the transplanted hair borders with the native hair? Seems as though this a location that can sometimes be a bit weaker, although it can be easily covered through styling. 

Everything blends together pretty seamlessly at this point. The front is still a little thin but I wouldn’t say there’s an obvious point where the transplanted hair meets the native hair...he placed a bunch of grafts around and behind the thinning zone, which I think helped reduce any contrast.

17 minutes ago, RecessionProof said:

The front is still a little thin

I know you know this, but helps to hear: You're the only one who sees it that way and only upon close inspection lol

Looks really good brother congrats

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• 2 months later...

9 Months

Haven’t seen any new sprouts in a while but the transplanted hair has definitely thickened and matured. At this point it looks pretty natural even under harsh, direct lighting. Scar is extremely thin and difficult to find. 

Probably just going to try and maintain what I have for as many years as possible, though I’ll likely ask Dr. K to add a little more to the front if I decide to address the crown in 5-10 years.  

7DF1FE64-3D02-43E2-95FB-16A5AE0DE7D9.jpeg.76cfd72d7e1fdbce110f0e1542a72332.jpegDF614239-483C-4A88-8A26-A1C90CC3D1D4.jpeg.bbaca2bfd2b8f1b83d36186217b65b37.jpegA63B707E-CA58-4309-9BD6-BD492EDE787B.jpeg.96a2725d2db78f38af0f46db2df82e50.jpegABD90358-DD1A-4F7D-BB6D-2C5AA424B3CB.jpeg.f72d7d24c5734f68bf666bd20f409d32.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks good 

• Thanks 1

Amazing, absolutely amazing, mate.

Very happy for you!

I'm seeing Dr K in a few months myself, and I'm in a similar situation to you regarding age, meds, loss, and so on.

Did Dr. K mention anything about future loss management or the like? I only ask as I have an extensive family history of balding, and it always has me second guessing.

Again, congrats :)

6 hours ago, bonkling said:

Amazing, absolutely amazing, mate.

Very happy for you!

I'm seeing Dr K in a few months myself, and I'm in a similar situation to you regarding age, meds, loss, and so on.

Did Dr. K mention anything about future loss management or the like? I only ask as I have an extensive family history of balding, and it always has me second guessing.

Again, congrats :)

He said something to the effect of hair loss is progressive, those who lose hair will generally continue to lose hair. He will probably examine your scalp and discuss family history, meds, etc, to figure out how conservative you'd want to go. I was prepared to have additional procedures, so I encouraged him to design my hairline on the more aggressive side.

• Administrators

HOLY SMOKES! Look out Elvis, you got some serious volume there dude. What an amazing journey, thanks for keeping us updated 😊

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, Yolando said:

Wow this looks awesome!!!

Dis you see a big change between 9 to 10 months?

It’s hard to say but I find that every now and then I’ll look in the mirror and think “damn, it’s gotten a little thicker”. There are lots of individual hairs that are still limp and wirey, and as they mature I’m guessing there will be subtle improvements for a few months to come. 

8 hours ago, mphair said:

Is Dr konair considered to be better than H&W? I am really interested in getting a great hairline. Cant pick!

It’s really a subjective choice and you will probably find users on this forum split between the two clinics. I think Dr. K in general has more of a conservative approach — using the fewest grafts possible for the best cosmetic result. If you care more about maximizing density, you may prefer H&W.

I think there are areas along my hairline that could have ended up feeling a little denser had I gone with H&W (as opposed to the “illusion” of density), but I really like Dr. K’s hands on approach and I would absolutely go with him again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looking good.

Go back and do 1,000 grafts fue with him.

300 beard into your fut scar and 700 scalp thru the entire hairline. You will be amazed.

He repaired my left frontal third and a little back with 800 fue and I couldn't be happier.

Or leave it as is. You got a good result for bare skin and 1 conservative pass.

Edited by ndubya

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How’s it looking recessionsproof