Cherry picking donor hairs🥰

Hi all, I was wondering if temple points needed touching up of a few hundred single grafts in the donor via fue IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE SUREGEON CAN SEE AND EXTRACT ONLY THE SINGLE HAIRS?? or is it a case where each hair extracted might be 1, 2 or 3 hairs and the 2 and 3 hair units thrown away as need only the singles?

Hey bud. With FUE a surgeon can target single hairs. But in any case even if went with FUT multi hair grafts can be split into single under the right hands. GRAFTS SHOULD NEVER BE WASTED OR THROWN AWAY, you have a limited number or donor hairs available never forget 

I did ask this question during my consultation. The answer i was given is that even what looks likea single hair graft above the skin may end up having more than one hair when extracted. So cant be a real judgment. The grafts should be looked at with magnification and the true single ones isolated, and if numbers are short, some more singles created from bigger grafts. 

19 hours ago, Markee said:

This video talks all about the importance of microscopes for singling out grafts for hairlines 

Wow pretty informative every clinic should have several microscopes period other wise run 🏃🏽‍♂️

So a good clinic can extract a single looking graft which has a hidden second graft in it making it a 2 hair graft and SPLIT the graft into two singles??? Is this correct??🤔

6 hours ago, ocean said:

So a good clinic can extract a single looking graft which has a hidden second graft in it making it a 2 hair graft and SPLIT the graft into two singles??? Is this correct??🤔

While that is technically correct, it would rarely happen in practice. If the clinic uses microscopes, they’d sort that graft as a double and use it as such. Otherwise they’d sort as a single. Less refined clinics wouldn’t care. Splitting grafts is rarely done with FUE. Takes too much time. It’s much easier to just extract another single.

• Thanks 1