Hair thinning getting worse

Hello all, I posted a few months back trying to get some input regarding HT. Since my last post my hair thinned pretty extensively.  I’m currently 24 and would say I’m norwood 4/5. I was finasteride for about 3 months but stopped taking it due to sides effects. I am now planning to schedule a HT soon but still researching The best doctor for me. Based off the pictures attached how many Grafts would I need?

99305528-F7AE-4C0E-B518-737180571047.jpeg

9F630321-3D14-41C3-8F78-BDBC99FF33A6.jpeg

E05DDFD4-9837-4630-9535-F7B87CA42662.jpeg

Hi

Your hair loss pattern looks similar to what mine was, though I am older than you, your miniaturization and loss is happening at a faster rate, so, I would say you probably require the same amount of grafts as I had done (5k+) to get good coverage and density in your frontal/mid and crown areas if I’m being honest.

We would also need to know where you would want your proposed restored hairline to be situated...possibly you could draw that in and post the pics?...hopefully you will not want to lower it too much?

You also need to get some opinions on how many usable grafts that you have available.

If it were me, I would focus on the frontal core and not touch the crown for now as there is advanced loss there and will be more in the future since you do not want to take finasteride any longer.

You can talk this over (side effects) with your doctor and see if some adjustments can be made to your dosage both in terms of frequency and dosage.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY