Top 3 Hair Transplant Myths!

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I compiled a list of the top 3 hair transplant myths, but I would like to hear the communities thoughts. Are there any myths that I missed? Let me know.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm not sure it would be classed a s a myth as such but certainly is misinformation , that is  the claim a lot of clinics make that you can return to work the next day or day after, after having an FUE procedure and no-one will notice  absolute BS

Your hair looks great in the vid Melvin. Are you using Dermatch in the crown area? the reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying some for my crown.   

• Administrators

That’s actually a great one Mick, I agree that’s a big one. I’ll definitely add that to a later video. I don’t use dermmatch, I actually use Caboki in the crown and on the part line near the crown. It works fantastic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

This won't be a popular opinion but...: Hair transplant is about hair line  

Hair transplant is about treating hair loss, I mean, hairline is probably most important to be done right, but some surgeons and patients take it too far. In some surgeries it seems the goal is better passport photo rather than improving your actual look. People see the rest of your hair and notice it, you yourself won't see the hairline only. So take care of the rest of your head too as much as you can

• Administrators

Not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean they focus to heavily on the hairline?

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean they focus to heavily on the hairline?

Yes, it seems for some people (doctors and patients) success of HT is only determined by hairline. While totally ignoring the rest of the scalp leaving it bald or with diffused baldness while a thick & aggressive hairline is done. 

Seen that too many times tbh. And really don't like it at all. 

• Administrators

Well I’m not sure I totally agree. I think having a hairline is the platform. The rest of the scalp can easily be concealed with hair loss concealers.

While not ideal, if the patient doesn’t have enough grafts, the hairline should be the one thing that is densely packed. Leaving the rest thinner. An even distribution of hair will leave everything looking thin and diffused and there would be no cosmetic benefit.

View my thread

That is why I said it won't be popular opinion.  😉

But I never suggested even distribution at all. But a more reasonable one. You look at works of top clinics like H&W or Diep and they know how to do it. Can't say the same for many other clinics 

Edit: Is your after HT photos with hair concealers? 

Edited by harry_potter1