1400 Grafts by Dr Diep in the Temples/Corners -- Progress

Hi all,

I'm currently at Day 8 since my procedure with Dr. Diep. During my consultation, we agreed upon 1300 grafts total should fill in my temples. It ended up being 1400, which I thought some would be planted in the center hairline. But Diep said the hair there is too thick and would only cause shock loss. So I trust him. I also trusted him with a hairline design which he drew up pretty quick. (One side seems a little higher than the other, but we'll see once everything grows in.)

Here are few pics from the journey so far:

Day 0:

Right

IMG_1572.thumb.jpg.4b68b178511032065b9dd28d23c36fc3.jpg

Left

IMG_1571.thumb.jpg.e7e573cc554caedea583db20377ccb73.jpg

Day 4:

Right

IMG_1599.thumb.jpg.de029b6aa0b25ca2a9a7e33bd7ea1f8e.jpg

Left

IMG_1598.thumb.jpg.a3ab484db2d8c6bd7f2aab0918080901.jpg

Today Day 8 (after my first contact wash):

Right

This big scabless, hairless, white strip makes me nervous on this one. I woke up like this before the wash.

IMG_1645.thumb.jpg.f7412c07045224ac3afa43b5417ebb4a.jpg

Left

IMG_1644.thumb.jpg.3990f7cf2a1b74f63de663383f813e06.jpg

Hopefully this helpful for everyone. Reading your guys progress reports helped me a lot, so I plan to do the same.

Edited by geneticked

• Administrators

I think this is gonna look fantastic, but if you ever cut your hair really short you’ll see a difference in density.

Sometimes with guys like yourself with virtually no hair loss the expectations are ultra-high. However, grown out like you have it now it will blend in seamlessly. You have fantastic hair charecteristics thick and curly. Happy growing 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Day 9

These photos are from after my second washes today of lightly massaging the area. Lots of scabs coming off the recipient area. Some have hair follicles attached to them but it seems perfectly normal as it's day 9 and removing a graft is apparently hard and will always cause bleeding.

Left

IMG_1654.thumb.jpg.537d90ae09755987d3e2f90b21456cb7.jpg

Right

1566948137_IMG_16552.thumb.jpg.c0090e3e77f8be72585d532d31f5b5fa.jpg

I'm month 2 with the same Dr and had the same hairless white strip issue around day 5. Mine happened because I knicked my head when a bunch of towels fell on my face, but apparently this cracking in the "scab shell" is common when following post-op instructions that keep the recipient dry for the first few days.

No idea if it affects final result or not. My areas that were cracked have not yet shown any signs of growth.

56 minutes ago, FUEblonde1985 said:

I'm month 2 with the same Dr and had the same hairless white strip issue around day 5. Mine happened because I knicked my head when a bunch of towels fell on my face, but apparently this cracking in the "scab shell" is common when following post-op instructions that keep the recipient dry for the first few days.

No idea if it affects final result or not. My areas that were cracked have not yet shown any signs of growth.

Oh no, that's worrying!

• 4 weeks later...

Day 34

So I'm just over a month and thought I would share some thoughts for those looking into the process.

Positives:

• I'm back in my normal routine. Have been pretty much for a couple weeks now. I go out without worry. Even got freaky with two women. Gotta thank the clinic for opening my eyes to the undercut look.
  • The first two weeks are nerve wracking as hell. Not the surgery, but just making sure your grafts are all well-taken care of. But after that I forgot I even had a surgery. Seriously these pics I've taken are the first time I've looked at the recipient area in awhile. 
  • Recipient area is not as pink as I thought I would be since I'm more on the pale side.

Concerns

• I do in the back of mind have some doubt about the hairline design. One side is great but then other side is pulled further back where it doesn't meet the hairline. And this is on the side that had worse recession.
  • I'm concerned about the graft count. 1400 grafts seems like a lot for these two areas. I thought I was getting 1300 at first and that was for the frontal region all well.  In comparison to others, mine feels like overkill for this small region. I wish Diep used less or covered more area.

So now it's just a waiting game. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Left:

IMG_1754.thumb.jpg.5cca67bb32b24ff6d31209998755e8e1.jpg

Right:

IMG_1753.thumb.jpg.90c32b63fc2ea8f4809d0c392e70d97e.jpg

Top:
IMG_1755.thumb.jpg.817c46b300841c131c605c4ba769d548.jpg

• Administrators

You have really high density in your native hair. In fact, 700 grafts on each side still won’t match your hair density. I’m sure it’s going to look great grown out, but will it be perfect? No, but no transplant ever is. I just hope you understand that hair transplants do not bring back original density. Happy growing 🙏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...