Dissappointed HT results

Puccinni

After years of struggling with hairloss I came across this forum. Going by the comments I went for Marwan Saifi in Poland. Fly over for a pre op and was assured this was the answer how wrong was I. After pre op went for the procedure night before was understandably quite stressed and was brought to the wrong hotel organised by Saifi what I found hilarious was when he asked me why I was at this hotel that his staff had organised. When I got home I questioned him about the procedure because it looked like he missed a lot I'm thinning not bald. I asked why he had not targeted all of the area and his response was people get hair greedy use hair max band and CR lab but he said give it time which I did. A year later waste of money plus he is not answering email. Buyer beware that is all I'm saying I went with him due to reviews on this forum didn't work for me.

Hi Puccinni, I am sorry to hear your experience was less than perfect.  I am not personally familiar with this particular doctor, but I can gather a few things by what you wrote. First and let me get this clear.  Did you go there first to get a consultation?  What happened?  What were you told? Did you go over exactly what area(s) he would cover? How many grafts? Medical therapy? It seems non of this happened.  You went there the day before for the pre-op.  What exactly was discussed? I guess you must have eventually found the right hotel? So you went for the procedure.  The morning of, did you discuss anything with the doctor? Graft numbers? Areas to cover?

You finally get home and it is then that you called to find out what he did?  

Seems by what you wrote that you have diffused thinning and your pattern is quite large.  It is likely that he concentrated the grafts towards the front and suggested some type of medical therapy to help you retain the native hair, particularly the hair towards the mid back and back of head.  Unfortunately I find that the hair max band is not very good.  I had one once.  It fell and broke to pieces.  

It would be nice to know how many grafts you did, where the grafts were placed, and if you are doing Propecia, Rogaine, PRP and laser.  Did anyone talk to you about these?

I understand we are dealing with a language barrier, but try to be specific.  Many collaborators here can actually help you.

9 hours ago, Puccinni said:

After years of struggling with hairloss I came across this forum. Going by the comments I went for Marwan Saifi in Poland. Fly over for a pre op and was assured this was the answer how wrong was I. After pre op went for the procedure night before was understandably quite stressed and was brought to the wrong hotel organised by Saifi what I found hilarious was when he asked me why I was at this hotel that his staff had organised. When I got home I questioned him about the procedure because it looked like he missed a lot I'm thinning not bald. I asked why he had not targeted all of the area and his response was people get hair greedy use hair max band and CR lab but he said give it time which I did. A year later waste of money plus he is not answering email. Buyer beware that is all I'm saying I went with him due to reviews on this forum didn't work for me.

Without pics your post is totally worthlesss 

Hi lasercap,

I first contacted him In July 2017 I sent on some pics not great quality from my phone. He responded very promptly and said looking at the photos I sent I would need 2000 grafts but in order to get a more accurate idea he asked me if I could go for a consultation. I flew over to Poland in Oct 2017 and had my consultation met him and his staff and I clearly called out that I wanted the thinning area filled in and if the hairline could be improved slightly also. The graft count still was 2000 so at this point I felt re assured as I met him one on one seen the surgery and had a good feel about the place at no point did he say it would need more grafts or another procedure. I started using CR lab green and purple lines  and laser band on his advice pre op and post op.I had the procedure 19th March 2018. When I got home I seen he had not tackled all the thinning area and I challenged him on this this was only a month post op and he said it was early days give it time etc but a year later the result is abysmal. I went for FUT procedure I am not taking any meds used regaine before didn't see any benefit from it. My argument with him was that he met me in person and told me that 2000 grafts were enough when clearly they were no way near enough or I didn't get the 2000 grafts I thought I got how do you actually know you are taking their word for it. I understand this is a highly unregulated industry and there are horror stories out there mine is just one of disappointment and frustration wasted time and money. On the morning of the procedure he drew the new hairline I was quite nervous so I didn't say a whole lot as I felt I was in good hands. One thing that was off putting was that his assistants done the majority of the implanting I was heavily sedated obviously but still noticed that he would leave the room and come back every so often. Also I expected to be  there longer we started about 10am finished by 3pm including 1   10min break 1 30 min break for lunch and a few toilet breaks. 

23 minutes ago, Puccinni said:

Hi lasercap,

I first contacted him In July 2017 I sent on some pics not great quality from my phone. He responded very promptly and said looking at the photos I sent I would need 2000 grafts but in order to get a more accurate idea he asked me if I could go for a consultation. I flew over to Poland in Oct 2017 and had my consultation met him and his staff and I clearly called out that I wanted the thinning area filled in and if the hairline could be improved slightly also. The graft count still was 2000 so at this point I felt re assured as I met him one on one seen the surgery and had a good feel about the place at no point did he say it would need more grafts or another procedure. I started using CR lab green and purple lines  and laser band on his advice pre op and post op.I had the procedure 19th March 2018. When I got home I seen he had not tackled all the thinning area and I challenged him on this this was only a month post op and he said it was early days give it time etc but a year later the result is abysmal. I went for FUT procedure I am not taking any meds used regaine before didn't see any benefit from it. My argument with him was that he met me in person and told me that 2000 grafts were enough when clearly they were no way near enough or I didn't get the 2000 grafts I thought I got how do you actually know you are taking their word for it. I understand this is a highly unregulated industry and there are horror stories out there mine is just one of disappointment and frustration wasted time and money. On the morning of the procedure he drew the new hairline I was quite nervous so I didn't say a whole lot as I felt I was in good hands. One thing that was off putting was that his assistants done the majority of the implanting I was heavily sedated obviously but still noticed that he would leave the room and come back every so often. Also I expected to be  there longer we started about 10am finished by 3pm including 1   10min break 1 30 min break for lunch and a few toilet breaks. 

It's cool for anyone to come on this site if they are not happy with their transplant for whatever reason ,what is not cool is if supporting evidence is not shown to back up any claims. 

• Administrators

I’m sorry for your experience. How many grafts? I’m going to be honest. It’s difficult to gauge the results, because the after photos are completely different than your pre-op photos. The lighting, the angles.

Anyone who is experienced in hair restoration understands how crucial it is to have photos that somewhat match. Now, I’m not saying I don’t believe you or even empathize with you, but I really think you should have someone take a photo of your hairline the way you took the pre-op photo. This would give the community a clear understanding of the work that was performed. 

I’m happy you found our community and decided to share your experience.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin,

Yes I agree it is difficult to compare the photos as pre op I had to leave my hair grow as I was having FUT procedure 2000 grafts needed to cover up the scar and return to work without people noticing (2weeks after op)the photos I just sent is recently after a haircut. I didn't tell anybody I had a HT so getting somebody to take a photo isn't really an option I'm afraid. I just decided to share my experience. I'm just highlighting to people still maybe thinking of a HT that even if you are happy you have done your research read very good reviews and go for a consultation it does not guarantee a good result and may not come anyway near your expectations as in my case so just nail all these down before op is my advice with your chosen surgeon.

Anyway I'm looking into the option of unshaven FUE. I went for FUT for my op as I do not want to shave my head for FUE. I would not like to go FUT again. If you have any recommended surgeons who do UFUE I'd like to hear about them or if you have a view on this procedure please share your thoughts.

Best Regards

Hi @Puccinni

How are you?

Im sorry to hear about your dissapointing experience from your recent transplant. When you put so much into something, to not achieve the results is dissapointing. However, having said that it is essential that your desires are realistic otherwise they may never be met. 

As some of the other posters have already commented, the photos are not the easiest to evaluate, but if you had 2000 grafts into your hairline, then I would have expected better density. However, from the photos it is unclear exactly how much scalp your surgery covered.

How old are you?

You say that you would now like to consider FUE. You procedure was FUT correct? What Drs are you considering? 

You should get some clear photos sent on to some of the most respected FUE surgeons for their evaluations and recommendations. But please understand the necessity for clear honest photographs. It may be hard to take them yourself, but it is essential. Otherwise Drs are giving recommendations based on inaccuracies which is of no help at all. In fact the contrary, it will just add misinformation and confusion to your already dissapointing situation. 

Wishing you the best!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Raphael84,

I am 42. I take your point on board about getting good photos so expectations are realistic makes total sense.I flew to Poland for a 1 on 1 consultation as I thought this would be of great benefit as the surgeon could assess the situation rather than relying on photos and give myself the best possible chance of a good result. I am attaching a photo of the area covered 2000 FUT. Assuming I get another 1 I will meet 1 on 1 for a consultation. If you have any highly recommended fue surgeons please share I'd appreciate it.

image.jpeg

@Puccinni

Thank you for providing the photo post ht. It helps to understand exactly where the grafts were placed.

Your result doesn’t look to have sufficient density but I also wonder why 2000 grafts were used? Your final count was 2000 exactly?

You have experienced hair loss behind the area that has was grafted, but this is also apparent in your post ht photo, which adds to the idea of a poor result. Without knowing the conversation between you and your Dr, I feel that ideally a larger graft count would have been appropriate with the procedure moving further back into your mid scalp.

Whilst your surgery doesn’t appear to have resulted in sufficient growth/result, the fact that you should still have more donor in the bank and are not in such a bad situation offers positivity moving forward.

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks

It was my understanding that all of the thinning area would be targeted I sent on that very photo to the surgeon when I got home. He said that he didn't do it as it would compromise the donor area this was never discussed in my consultation I was told 2000 grafts were enough clearly there were not. I was told I got 2000 who knows how can you actually validate this you are at the mercy of a surgeon and his honesty. 

You are ultimately at the mercy of the surgeon. This is why your research and choice of surgeon is absolutely crucial. 

What made you choose this particular Dr?

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

If you already had FUT why wouldn't you do another one? If the scar was made in the right place then a second FUT would go along he same scar line. Then you won't have to shave the back and side of your head.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 years later...