Great New Trend..

I love this new trend of famous or social media-famous guys talking openly unashamedly about their hair loss and procedures...One I follow for workout tips is Mike Thurston and was happy to see this pop up on my recommended list on YouTube today..

• Like 1

• Administrators

That’s great, he went to Dr. Reddy who does great work. He obviously did his research. The more honest we are the less stigma there is, it’s hard trust me I know. Took me a long time to feel comfortable showing my face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I agree, Melvin!

On the other side I also think it’s pretty cool of John Travolta embracing his recent bald look and getting lots of good feedback, which looks much better than any of the wigs he wore IMHO..

https://www.today.com/style/john-travolta-thanks-fans-loving-his-new-bald-look-see-t146590

Edited by CosmoKramer

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I love this new trend of famous or social media-famous guys talking openly unashamedly about their hair loss and procedures...One I follow for workout tips is Mike Thurston and was happy to see this pop up on my recommended list on YouTube today..

Guy in video is one of the few guys who actually in my opinion look better bald ..same as Jason Gardiner,  who actually looks worse with a transplant ..of course its personal choice, 

Fair play to him, even though he rocks the shaven head great, he wasn't happy and did something about it. In Dr Reddy, he went to probably one of only 2 FUE surgeons in the UK worth considering imo.

6 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Fair play to him, even though he rocks the shaven head great, he wasn't happy and did something about it. In Dr Reddy, he went to probably one of only 2 FUE surgeons in the UK worth considering imo.

I also came across this video today. I'd never heard of Dr Reddy. A quick look on his website reveals he performs almost every cosmetic procedure under the sun. I thought one of the golden rules on selecting a surgeon was do not go with a surgeon who does procedures other than hair transplants. 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, gettingfue said:

I also came across this video today. I'd never heard of Dr Reddy. A quick look on his website reveals he performs almost every cosmetic procedure under the sun. I thought one of the golden rules on selecting a surgeon was do not go with a surgeon who does procedures other than hair transplants. 

Well there is a difference between a hair transplant surgeon doing other cosmetic surgeries and a costmetic surgeon doing hair transplant surgery. I would not choose the latter.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well there is a difference between a hair transplant surgeon doing other cosmetic surgeries and a costmetic surgeon doing hair transplant surgery. I would not choose the latter.

Sure - point taken. Would you say Dr Reddy is the former or the later?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, gettingfue said:

Sure - point taken. Would you say Dr Reddy is the former or the later?

He is the former, one of the few HT surgeons I would choose in the UK. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...

Mike Thurston, the youtube guy mentioned in the original post, is going to ruin is HT. I follow him on instagram and he's currently in Dubai with no hat on, lifting hard in the gym, sky diving, swimming in the sea. And his HT was done about 2 weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how this one works out. Maybe a case study for those worried about sun damage! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, options said:

Mike Thurston, the youtube guy mentioned in the original post, is going to ruin is HT. I follow him on instagram and he's currently in Dubai with no hat on, lifting hard in the gym, sky diving, swimming in the sea. And his HT was done about 2 weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how this one works out. Maybe a case study for those worried about sun damage! 

You can pinpoint the time when the surgeon tried to be more helpful, but actually did the guy a disservice 8:00 in the vid. It doesn't appear he emphasized just how important post-op care is. I am also surprised how little emphasis the doc placed on raising blood pressure with working out. You're right @options, this will be an interesting case for: How important is post op care? Does it really make that big of a difference? Does sun-damage do any damage to the hair or only the scalp?

Great post @CosmoKramer
I also found out that Jeffree Star, the makeup/youtube celebrity also documented his HT. I love that its easy to explain my decision by pointing to a recent success story, rather than trying to explain from scratch. 

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

9 hours ago, options said:

Oh wow, I don’t follow him other than his YouTube but that’s sounds very careless and irresponsible of him and if his Ht is a failure it’s all on him at this point I guess, and he’ll be kicking himself silly.

45 minutes ago, Lennney said:

You can pinpoint the time when the surgeon tried to be more helpful, but actually did the guy a disservice 8:00 in the vid. It doesn't appear he emphasized just how important post-op care is. I am also surprised how little emphasis the doc placed on raising blood pressure with working out. You're right @options, this will be an interesting case for: How important is post op care? Does it really make that big of a difference? Does sun-damage do any damage to the hair or only the scalp?

Great post @CosmoKramer
I also found out that Jeffree Star, the makeup/youtube celebrity also documented his HT. I love that its easy to explain my decision by pointing to a recent success story, rather than trying to explain from scratch. 

Thanks @Lennney

Good observations! 👍🏻

Yeah, I think now in the time we’re in is probably the best time for Hair Tranplantation than any other, from better technical achievements, financially attainable, and positive openness in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Valued Contributor

I just told some colleagues at work today that I'll be taking a week off in January. They asked me where I'm going to (as they know I'm due for a break and that I love Thailand). I told them that I'm going to India for a hair transplant. I was just dead pan and the look on their faces was priceless as they just laughed and didn't believe me. I can't wait until I come back from Eugenix to work and walk in the door on my first shift back! 🤣

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I just told some colleagues at work today that I'll be taking a week off in January. They asked me where I'm going to (as they know I'm due for a break and that I love Thailand). I told them that I'm going to India for a hair transplant. I was just dead pan and the look on their faces was priceless as they just laughed and didn't believe me. I can't wait until I come back from Eugenix to work and walk in the door on my first shift back! 🤣

Hahaha very nice, so its gonna be a cool surprise for them.

• Haha 1

View my thread