WHY clinics don't cover face during implantation, It's a surgery ! Ewww

At 0.45, clinic's own video advertising their high tech nurse implanting grafts  on a  " celebrity client" Kyle Christie who is sleeping most probably.

This is UK's highly reputed clinic - Dr. Kumari  with a famous celeb getting his HT done.  A sneeze, cough, cold, saliva, eyes, nose, face everything is exposed right on top of wounded head.

I mean more than 2000 slits OPEN wounds , just freshly opened, no microscopes, lenses, helmets, face covered . Only good thing I could see are gloves at the least. 

Highest chances to spread infection, sickness or even HIV if somehow blood from one's body goes into any of those open wounds. 

I 'm just surprised to see this and thought of sharing/asking the community as this is still a common practice today in majority of Turkish assembly line clinics even the rated ones like Dr. Cinik's etc. 

On 4/2/2019 at 3:18 AM, alex79 said:

Having had 2 HTs, I wouldn't have liked to have my face covered during such a long operation. I belive though your medical concerns are valid.

Hi Alex79,  My context was different. It's not necessary to cover patient's face but nurse's " surgical mask" should be there as a MUST.

If you look at this video I posted, at 00.45 seconds.... it's not there. 

On 4/2/2019 at 3:20 AM, alex79 said:

Btw, I think Cinik doesn't accept patients with HIV pozitive..

It's fine to accept or not to accept HIV + patients but his clinic and most others in Turkey post their own pics displaying no surgical masks. Zero precautionary measures to avoid infections when you are working on open wounds. 

No wonder why some people catch infections after HT

On 4/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, alex79 said:

Understood. You are totally right about that.

Thanks ! It's mind boggling to accept the fact that even in 2019, majority of clinics posting their own pics/videos like these ones. Shouldn't medical board or IAHRS introduce some strict standards for HT surgery, yes it is a " surgery " on the most important piece of your body " head"  

• 1 month later...