Dr Bisanga FUE 2000 - March 2019

BOW32

I recently underwent and FUE procedure of 2022 grafts to the hairline and frontal region at the BHR Clinic, Brussels with Dr Bisanga and his team. The goal of the surgery was to restore my original hairline and add density to help reinforce part of the frontal zone that had thinned. I am 30 years old, and have never taken medication. 

The whole day was very straightforward and everything from arriving to leaving the clinic took place between 8am-5pm. The team and staff were all helpful, friendly and very professional at all times, and the after care and support received has also been fantastic.

Dr Bisanga designed the hairline, extracted the grafts, and opened the channels in the morning session, whilst the technicians implanted the grafts in the afternoon session following a quick lunch. 

The graft breakdown was;
TOTAL 2022 grafts, 
Singles 459
Doubles 737
Trebles 826

Photos are pre op and immediately post op (please note the bald section on my donor is from where an sample had been cut by the Dr just beforehand)

I will do my best to help answer any questions anyone may have, and will aim to post monthly updates until month 12. 

Thankyou, 

cCmFH8Dc.jpg

DbwLiLdo.jpg

yYv4B6Js.jpg

QlcuMPS4.jpg

1EJT0aa8.jpg

P6nWy-5I.jpg

E0w1m6-M.jpg

Y6jCu89s.jpg

Killer starting point. If this grows in as expected you should be in for a treat!

I know you say you have never taken medication but I would highly recommend considering it. You're having a fairly aggressive frontal restoration at only 30 y/o, you want to retain the result (not to mention the rest of your hair) for as long as possible! Add to that the fact that, based on my own anecdotal observations, cases where the PT has a significant amount of miniaturising hair at the outset benefit tremendously from the use of meds.

Edited by thatoldchestnut

Best of luck bow32 . That number of grafts in your very frontal hairline should prove an amazing result. You picked a doctor that is very well known for FUE.

I presume you carried out research on other doctors also , why did you eventually choose Dr.Bisanga.? 

How many grafts per CM2 were implanted into your doner?

What type of hair characteristics did Dr.Bisanga say you had?

I WISH YOU WELL AND ALL THE BEST FOR A GREAT RESULT.. I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR UPDATES. 

...........THANKS.........

............PADDY............

• Like 1

Congratulations. That is going to be one impressive hairline.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

10 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Best of luck bow32 . That number of grafts in your very frontal hairline should prove an amazing result. You picked a doctor that is very well known for FUE.

I presume you carried out research on other doctors also , why did you eventually choose Dr.Bisanga.? 

How many grafts per CM2 were implanted into your doner?

What type of hair characteristics did Dr.Bisanga say you had?

I WISH YOU WELL AND ALL THE BEST FOR A GREAT RESULT.. I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR UPDATES. 

...........THANKS.........

............PADDY............

Thankyou Paddy. First and foremost I was looking for a skilled and ethical surgeon, and Dr Bisanga came highly recommended from multiple sources. Donor management was very important to me, as I am aware that I will be committing to further procedures down the line, and I was impressed with articles I came across specifically relating to the Dr's school of thought re. donor management. And ultimately I saw 3-4 case studies within the past year from the clinic with patients in very similar situations to myself, with great results. I'm not sure of the total area transplanted, so im unable to provide you with grafts per CM2 im afraid, however the frontal hairline has been very densley packed. My hair is classed as medium, medium fine - 60-80 microns. 

9 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Congratulations. That is going to be one impressive hairline.

1 hour ago, Marco Van Basten said:

That looks great mate

I'm seriously considering Bisinga

Thankyou both 

Looks great work mate.  Good luck with everything

I have a similar level of loss to you and one of my worries is hiding a HT from colleagues when I return to work.  However looking at your day 12 pics the work looks virtually undetectable, which gives me confidence that mine might as well.

• Like 1

Thank you bow32 for your reply and very well explained answer. You done your homework . Everything you said about Dr. Bisanga I agree with 100%. Its exactly what I found when I decided to really narrow down my potential future HT Doctor.

When I discovered how ethical and caring regarding preserving the doner area along with providing great results I decided to take a closer look.

I travelled to meet Dr. Bisango recently and had a face to face consultation with him . Im very happy I did. 

I am not on any medication myself as I prefer not to. I note you are not on medication either.

I dont understand why some posters are sending you messages about medication. I personally dont agree with it and I know its wrong to do that.

23 hours ago, Upshall said:

Get on finadteride now! 

I note Dr. Bisango is operating out of Athens now.

Did Athens cross your mind instead of Brussels?

You said the Technicans were very friendly and helpful, how many technicans were there for your op?

What did they do?  

Did you find out about their experience prior or during your HT?  How many years were they with the clinic?

Did the Dr place any Grafts?  

Did you decide to go with a manual punch or motorised punch for your op or was this up for consideration?

.........Thanks again bow32 

........All the best for now

.................Paddy...........

• Like 1

12 hours ago, garethbale said:

Looks great work mate.  Good luck with everything

I have a similar level of loss to you and one of my worries is hiding a HT from colleagues when I return to work.  However looking at your day 12 pics the work looks virtually undetectable, which gives me confidence that mine might as well.

Thankyou. From day 10 I think it was undetectable for 99% of the population, with only maybe HT surgeons and patients being able to notice something . . in my case I seem to have been fortunate not to have any lingering redness etc. and the donor area combined with the growth of my hair was also undetectable from perhaps day 6. That being said, I'm planning for the shed and potential shock loss in the coming weeks to leave me looking considerably different to where I was before the procedure, in that case it will likely be noticeable for my friends, family and colleagues etc. 

11 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Thank you bow32 for your reply and very well explained answer. You done your homework . Everything you said about Dr. Bisanga I agree with 100%. Its exactly what I found when I decided to really narrow down my potential future HT Doctor.

When I discovered how ethical and caring regarding preserving the doner area along with providing great results I decided to take a closer look.

I travelled to meet Dr. Bisango recently and had a face to face consultation with him . Im very happy I did. 

I am not on any medication myself as I prefer not to. I note you are not on medication either.

I dont understand why some posters are sending you messages about medication. I personally dont agree with it and I know its wrong to do that.

I note Dr. Bisango is operating out of Athens now.

Did Athens cross your mind instead of Brussels?

You said the Technicans were very friendly and helpful, how many technicans were there for your op?

What did they do?  

Did you find out about their experience prior or during your HT?  How many years were they with the clinic?

Did the Dr place any Grafts?  

Did you decide to go with a manual punch or motorised punch for your op or was this up for consideration?

.........Thanks again bow32 

........All the best for now

.................Paddy...........

Paddy, when I booked my procedure the clinic in Athens wasn't open, however it seems like a good option to have surgery with the doctor under a different pricing structure. I was mainly aware of two technicians who implanted the grafts for me in the afternoon, they have both been working with the Dr for over 10 years I believe, and one of them before that was working in a different clinic in Cyprus if I remember correctly . . they did all the graft placing. In terms of the equipment used etc. I left all that down to the doctors discretion, the way I see it is that we as patients can read up on 1000's of different arguments on Google surrounding whats best for this and whats best for that etc , however at the end of the day, these guys are the experts in their field, so if you are happy and confident with the choice of Dr you have made, you should equally be happy and confident in the decisions they make regarding your case  - once that is, you are both on the same page after the initial consultation discussing what you are unhappy with, what your goals are, and they have done their analysis' in determining what is possible, ethical and the best course of action. 

All the best 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

I completely agree that it's OP's prerogative to decide to not take medication. Saying that it's wrong to even mention it though, seems a bit ridiculous to say the least. It's my opinion, I was merely offering some fairly logical advice.

Best of luck to OP whatever he decides. :)

Edited by thatoldchestnut

DAY 28

Good Morning everyone . . here are some late photos from last week at 4 WEEKS POST OP, taken with wet hair and in front of a window in natural daylight. 

My life has been completely normal since around day 12, other than my hairstyle being somewhat different. After discontinuing the IsoBetadine and mild shampoo provided by the clinic on Day 14, I purchased a kids mild shampoo from a pharmacy, which I have been using every other day up until now. I continued using a laser cap from day 6, and the daily vitamins I take are;

MSM 1334 mg
BIOTIN 10000 mcg
Zinc Complex
Vitamin D3 3000 iu 

I've started to see a bit more sparsity at the front of my hair, so I think its safe to presume the shedding phase is slowly creeping up, however I've been happy with the appearance of my hair up until now, and friends, family and colleagues just presume I fancied a new, low maintenance style. 

All in all I feel great, eager to fast forward a few months, however staying happy and healthy, sleeping and eating lots, and enjoying the ride! 

Edit - Ive added an extra pic front on in normal room light, for comparison. 

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

Edited by BOW32
Added extra pic

Your graft retention at 28 days is awesome.  Some of the best I have seen.  You might still hit the sheds but a lot of guys at this point are almost back to 0.  This is likely to be an early win.

• Like 1

No words can do this justice. Early days but it doesn't get any better!

• Thanks 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for all the comments guys .. i’l make sure to post pictures every 2 weeks up until when it stops being useful for people! 

21 hours ago, purple18 said:

Your graft retention at 28 days is awesome.  Some of the best I have seen.  You might still hit the sheds but a lot of guys at this point are almost back to 0.  This is likely to be an early win.

3 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

Holy hell, really curious if there's a common thread when people manage to avoid shedding or if it's just luck/physiology.

In any case, great hairline design and congrats on all those triples!

Good luck with both your growing Purple and Recessionproof!

As there seems to be significant interest in this post, I brought it to the attention of Dr Bisanga so that he could comment. 

“We minimise the amount of time the graft is outside of the body and we have little to no trauma while handling these grafts during extraction and placing . We have more and more patients like this. However it shouldn’t be considered the norm because most patient do shed their grafts.”

• 2 weeks later...

DAY 42 / 6 WEEKS

I'm off work this week so I've had a lot more free time to take more photos this update. It can look really good in some lights, and then thinner in others, so I've tried to be as honest and transparent as possible with them;  

I've attached a mixture of straight out of the shower in natural day light in front of a window, some dry in the same lighting conditions, and then some dry under my bathroom light, so hope thats of use to people - and also one of the donor shaved down to a zero in front of the window too. 

After saying to myself I was just going to leave my hair and not get it cut for a long time, the back and sides were just growing in what felt incredibly thick and bushy, and overall it was looking like it needed a bit of a tidy up, so I opted to go for a low fade blended in with scissors towards the temple area which was transplanted - (I showed my barber a picture of me post op so he was able to see the area that was transplanted, after telling him those areas could only be scissor cut, and he did a great job) and just left the top as it was. 

Shedding wise I feel the right hand side has definitely retained a bit less than the left, however still looks ok and I'm hoping the more my native hair grows in, the more it will conceal any thin areas. 

Today I have also just swapped to using a normal shampoo as well for the first time post op, which is just a tresemme keratin and argan oil one I bought last night, so just to re-cap after discontinuing the clinics shampoos on day 14 - I used a kids mild one from between day 14-until today, washing every other day (the days I use the laser), and from now I will just use normal shampoos. 

Will update again at 8 weeks, and in the mean time will be happy to answer any questions as always!  

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5006.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5010.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

8 weeks/ DAY 56 

Hey everyone, these were taken straight out of bed on the morning of the 8 week mark. 

Is it obvious to notice shedding? I have continued to shed but only physically notice it when I have looked to pick a bit of dry skin off my recipient area of my hair, when I do so there is usually more times than not a single or couple of hairs lodged within the flake. I'm presuming the rest of the time it occurs is during showering/sleeping/general day to day life, although I have to admit I haven't noticed pretty much any in my hands after washing my hair - I think I'm naturally still being over protective of that area, which is possibly it is taking until now as to why some are only just shedding. Anyway, hope that won't mean I'l have to wait longer to see the results of when they regrow again haha! 

As you can see the right side is more sparse than the left, which is interesting because I think pre op it was the worst side. It has also accentuated the irregular hairline a bit more too, making it look a bit wonky, which led me to reverting back to post op pictures for reassurance the final result won't grow out like that. 

All in all, everything is good, still just a waiting game, and to think that at 2 months you are potentially only 1/6 of the way, the wait sure can be frustrating, but trying hard to not dwell and just remain in the mind-frame of enjoying the journey. 

IMG_5363.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5366.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg