Dr Bisanga FUE 2000 - March 2019

BOW32

Hi guys, quick update - I took this and forgot to upload, it was just under 11 weeks, and I thought I would take advantage of a bright light in my hotel when I was with wet hair but never got round to posting! 

I think I'm a late shedder, as I am still seeing the odd few (what I presume to be transplanted hairs) shedding within the majority of the dry skin flakes I get in the frontal area each day . . maybe Its a result of being too protective of the recipient area, I'm not sure . . therefore because of that I am preparing myself for a longer wait in terms of their regrowth and what will be the end results - thats my logic to it anyway, perhaps anyone with a better understanding will be able to confirm or disprove that trail of thought? 

Other than that all is well, and trying my best to forget I've had it done, and then hopefully one day wake up and be surprised by the results :) 

IMG_5801.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

Photos from DAY 98/14 WEEKS  

Seeing new sprouts and little hairs growing which is good to see, and already I feel more confident with how my hair is just now, compared to how it was pre op . . despite still being thin and obviously still early on in the whole process, I've noticed in particular this last week that its started sitting in a different, more fuller way, which has given me a great boost, and helped with styling options! 

A few pics wet in front of natural light from a window, and one dry to try and show how it sits! 

IMG-6181.JPG

IMG-6182.JPG

IMG-6183.JPG

IMG-6185.JPG

Looking good. Nice early growth and all set up for an impressive result!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

DAY 105/ 15 WEEKS

-Front on shot is wet and combed back in front of the window,
-The close up is of the right hand side, as this was the area that was worst pre-op, shedded the most, and subsequently lagging a little behind the rest. 

Just a question for anyone who's  undergone a procedure, up until what month can you experience to see new shoots sprout out? Is it a case of all sprouts will be out and popping within the first 6 months, and then its just a case of waiting for them to grow in length and mature, or is it possible to continue to see new sprouts appear further down the line? 

Thanks  

IMG-6249.JPG

IMG-6251.JPG

Looks great so far! How is it healing and holding up without using any meds? The long term meds(Finasteride & Minoxidil) can help with ensuring you won’t lose more hairs in the future.

You can bolster it with PRP with Acell and Low-Level laser therapy too, for non medical/non surgical options!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinzaf19 said:

Looks great so far! How is it healing and holding up without using any meds? The long term meds(Finasteride & Minoxidil) can help with ensuring you won’t lose more hairs in the future.

You can bolster it with PRP with Acell and Low-Level laser therapy too, for non medical/non surgical options!

Thanks man! Yea the healing was really smooth - I've seen and read testimonials of guys using minoxidil to help boost early growth and they had great results, but its not a product I've ever used, or that appeals to me. 

I use LLLT every other day, take a heap of vitamins, eat well, and had a few scalp massages (not direct on the recipient area) from month 1 - maybe month 2.5 . . so nothing directly targeting DHT inhibition, however I am fully aware and comfortable with the fact that I will likely lose more ground in years to come, and require further procedures down the line. 

I've taken just now and attached a quick pic of my donor as I feel it looks, and certainly feels untouched at this length - sorry the quality isn't great but hopefully gives a rough idea!    

I would quite like to try PRP, and was originally going to have it on the day of my procedure, however Dr B didn't feel it was necessary in the end. I'l keep my eye out on results on this forum and see whether it it could be an option down the line! 

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 22.33.21.png

Edited by BOW32

• Administrators

Damn what a donor! Great results too happy for you man.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, BOW32 said:

DAY 105/ 15 WEEKS

-Front on shot is wet and combed back in front of the window,
-The close up is of the right hand side, as this was the area that was worst pre-op, shedded the most, and subsequently lagging a little behind the rest. 

Just a question for anyone who's  undergone a procedure, up until what month can you experience to see new shoots sprout out? Is it a case of all sprouts will be out and popping within the first 6 months, and then its just a case of waiting for them to grow in length and mature, or is it possible to continue to see new sprouts appear further down the line? 

Thanks  

IMG-6249.JPG

IMG-6251.JPG

Hi

Your progress is looking really good.

In my opinion and based on my experience as well as an informative post on here from Dr Bloxham, yes, you may have more new hairs sprout even after 6-months post-op, and at 6 months is really just 50% of growth and around 33% of its maturity.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 2:36 AM, home1212 said:

I would kill to have your donor! your result is going to look amazing

19 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Damn what a donor! Great results too happy for you man.

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Melvin-Moderator - feel obliged to let you know that reading your story and seeing your unbelievable transformation, along with a few other posters on here, played a fundamental role in making my mind up and committing to the hair transplant route, so keep up the good work, because I'm sure there will be many more hundred and thousands benefitting from it. 

18 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hi

Your progress is looking really good.

In my opinion and based on my experience as well as an informative post on here from Dr Bloxham, yes, you may have more new hairs sprout even after 6-months post-op, and at 6 months is really just 50% of growth and around 33% of its maturity.

@CosmoKramer - Thanks for the info man, thats great to here that potentially even after 6 months there could be new hairs to sprout! I find myself irritatingly checking my hair in the mirror now more than ever, because I know that I'm in that period of change/initial growth - I read a posters thread the other day where he described around this time to be constantly scrutinising whether theres still gaps in areas where he thought grafts had been implanted, and whether or not a black dot would appear, and I completely related haha - however gonna cool off for a bit now, and just let it grow, and look forward to the grafts that didn't shed mature, and the baby hairs that have already popped through grow in length and catch up with the rest!     

• 2 weeks later...

4 MONTHS 

Hi Everyone, I took some pics literally a few days after the official 4 month mark (date wise) - so week wise it would have been 17.5 weeks post surgery, however just getting round to updating now as I have been away. 

I am very happy with how things are progressing, and if I had a crystal ball, I would have never believed to be where I am at 4 months prior to getting the procedure!

The left hand side has always been the dominant side, I think possibly due to the fact that I don't think too many hairs shed from that area, so the right hand side is lagging a bit behind - there is an area just off the centre point of my hairline, on the right hand side which I'm keeping an eye on as it is the weakest visible part  - (I've attached a zoomed in pic of the area).

With that said I don't want to come across negative in anyway, because I'm really not worrying about it at all, seeing as it was just over 4 months, however I want to document the journey as honestly as possible. I'm no expert, but I'd hypothesise its a result of that area shedding in line with how a transplant usually goes, directly next to an area that hasn't perhaps gone through that process - and the hairs that are there, are very thin and straddly, which are hopefully transplanted grafts waiting to mature as opposed to minaturised hair that was previously there . . fingers crossed a few new sprouts will also be due there over the next few months!  

All wet out of the shower in front of a window during natural daylight, 

IMG-6482.JPG

IMG-6486.JPG

IMG-6494.JPG

IMG-6495.JPG

IMG-6490.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update 20 weeks 

All is going well, and ticking along - I just wanted to get some feedback around the area which I feel is Lagging slightly behind the rest, and see what people’s thoughts are 

20E52B47-A711-4501-B0E1-64BA7685B453.jpeg

Yep you're right Paddy, good to have others thoughts, because its very easy to get lost in your own little bubble when its your own head you're dealing with 😂

Will update properly later in the month! 

• Administrators

Damn growing in nicely, you’ve got plenty of time, but this has the makings of a homerun

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.