Dr Bisanga FUE 2000 - March 2019

BOW32

Thanks for your reply @BOW32  and information on the PRP.  I wish you well and it would be great if you got further improvement afterwords. Although you seem to be in an excellent position now already but only you know your own situation and for that price your not breaking the bank.

Thanks for your very kind words on my own HT, Yes I'm very pleased indeed and couldnt have asked for better. 

All the best to you, 

Paddy

• 1 month later...

Just shy of 17 months,

I'm updating less frequently now as differences are very slight month by month, however I can fully relate to those before me who have had previous HT's and say they continue to mature up until 18 months. I've noticed a few stray crinkled hairs I still had lingering in the hairline at the start of the year really smooth and straighten out, helping with styling options greatly. 

My PRP treatment started last month, however this month travel to Belgium has been disrupted due to quarantine restrictions that have been imposed, so I have arranged this months session to be carried out at the Maitland Clinic, UK. 

Just by chance I came across some pics from my initial consultation with BHR Spain, (I had met with Dr Meyer prior to booking with Dr Bisanga, to measure donor densities etc, plan a rough hairline design) so have included those to provide a comparison of where I started. Hairs dry and left natural in all pictures. 

IMG-2361.jpg

IMG-2362.jpg

IMG-2357.jpg

IMG-2358.jpg

IMG-2359.jpg

IMG-2360.jpg

48 minutes ago, BOW32 said:

Just shy of 17 months,

I'm updating less frequently now as differences are very slight month by month, however I can fully relate to those before me who have had previous HT's and say they continue to mature up until 18 months. I've noticed a few stray crinkled hairs I still had lingering in the hairline at the start of the year really smooth and straighten out, helping with styling options greatly. 

My PRP treatment started last month, however this month travel to Belgium has been disrupted due to quarantine restrictions that have been imposed, so I have arranged this months session to be carried out at the Maitland Clinic, UK. 

Just by chance I came across some pics from my initial consultation with BHR Spain, (I had met with Dr Meyer prior to booking with Dr Bisanga, to measure donor densities etc, plan a rough hairline design) so have included those to provide a comparison of where I started. Hairs dry and left natural in all pictures. 

IMG-2361.jpg

IMG-2362.jpg

IMG-2357.jpg

IMG-2358.jpg

IMG-2359.jpg

IMG-2360.jpg

Really great result. Forgive me if it’s been asked, have you been able to maintain on fin and minox?

• Like 1

I'm late to this party but looked like a wild one.  🥳

A simply beautiful, natural result, congrats @BOW32!

• Haha 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

Did Dr. Bisanga tell you what hair quality you have and how much more you have left in your donor?

Medium wavy hair type, 

Pre HT donor densitiy 80cm2 - with not many singles. 

I didn’t get exact quotes but he was confident I could get decent enough coverage all over with FUE combined with BHT (I’ve got a pretty strong beard) - however I wouldn’t be opposed to FUT if it meant I would gain extra grafts, but I’d prefer to stick to small FUE procedures as and when needed. From what I’ve seen this approach tends to be a safer bet in terms of ensuring a good yield, and also helps with donor management, something which is extremely important in cases like mine! 

I posted a picture of my donor post op around 4 months earlier in the thread if you are interested! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

I'm late to this party but looked like a wild one.  🥳

A simply beautiful, natural result, congrats @BOW32!

4 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

As good as it gets! Enjoy that mop! 😁

Thanks guys ! Thrilled with it all! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 10:29 PM, BOW32 said:

Quick update at 11.5 months - dry and in natural light!

Very happy - and I'm looking forward to heading back to seeing everyone at the new clinic very soon :) 

IMG-0856.jpg

IMG-0855.jpg

IMG-0858.jpg

Ohhhhh yeah!!! Beautiful result and ... without Finas or Minoxidil!!!

Love it!!! Congrats and now time to enjoy that new look ; )

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

19 months

I always intended on finishing off the thread at around about 18 months, however things got in the way and before I knew it I'm at around 19 months as of today - coinciding with my 3rd and final PRP treatment with the Maitland Clinic. I quickly snapped these earlier before I left the house - they are dry with no product, and in front of the window in natural daylight. 
I probably won't update the thread now unless anything of note crops up - I'm actually leaving Europe at the end of the month, and will be living in an area where ACELL is licensed, therefore I've been contemplating starting some PRP ACELL treatments if I can find a decent clinic. 
As far as the surgery is concerned, I am very happy with my results - they've made such a difference to how I am able to style and wear my hair, its greatly restored confidence, and I've been fortunate enough up until now not to lose too much more ground since March '19 for the results to continue looking good. If I was to be super critical, there is, and always has been, a weaker area between the centre of the hairline and the right temple, where the density isn't quite as a high as the rest of the restored frontal area, however if I comb backwards, this is completely undetectable, and even styled upwards, it probably wouldn't stand out to anyone apart from myself and others who were specifically looking out for it. I would hazard a guess that 10-20 grafts in this area, would make a considerable difference, so nothing major at all. 
I'm budgeting/predicting to probably undergo a further small FUE operation between 12-18 months from now, (unless I respond really well to the PRP treatments), which is in line with what my original strategy was when I set out, tbh it actually exceeds past the time frame of when I was expecting to go for a little top up again, which is a bonus.
Anyway, I hope the thread has helped people out in various ways, and I will answer any questions when I get a chance. 

IMG-2780.jpg

IMG-2781.jpg

IMG-2782.jpg

IMG-2783.jpg

• Like 1

Easy to forget where you started. After viewing your growth and maturation from month to month, its incredible to go back and look at some pre op photos even though your loss was minimal.
Elated for you and thank you for your consistent updates. You have really given back to the community and added a lot of value.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, BOW32 said:

19 months

I always intended on finishing off the thread at around about 18 months, however things got in the way and before I knew it I'm at around 19 months as of today - coinciding with my 3rd and final PRP treatment with the Maitland Clinic. I quickly snapped these earlier before I left the house - they are dry with no product, and in front of the window in natural daylight. 
I probably won't update the thread now unless anything of note crops up - I'm actually leaving Europe at the end of the month, and will be living in an area where ACELL is licensed, therefore I've been contemplating starting some PRP ACELL treatments if I can find a decent clinic. 
As far as the surgery is concerned, I am very happy with my results - they've made such a difference to how I am able to style and wear my hair, its greatly restored confidence, and I've been fortunate enough up until now not to lose too much more ground since March '19 for the results to continue looking good. If I was to be super critical, there is, and always has been, a weaker area between the centre of the hairline and the right temple, where the density isn't quite as a high as the rest of the restored frontal area, however if I comb backwards, this is completely undetectable, and even styled upwards, it probably wouldn't stand out to anyone apart from myself and others who were specifically looking out for it. I would hazard a guess that 10-20 grafts in this area, would make a considerable difference, so nothing major at all. 
I'm budgeting/predicting to probably undergo a further small FUE operation between 12-18 months from now, (unless I respond really well to the PRP treatments), which is in line with what my original strategy was when I set out, tbh it actually exceeds past the time frame of when I was expecting to go for a little top up again, which is a bonus.
Anyway, I hope the thread has helped people out in various ways, and I will answer any questions when I get a chance. 

IMG-2780.jpg

IMG-2781.jpg

IMG-2782.jpg

IMG-2783.jpg

Amazing!!! 😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year Everyone! 

Fast approaching 2 years, 22 months post OP to be exact

Took advantage of some wet hair and harsh bathroom lighting conditions this evening, 

IMG-3494.jpg

IMG-3495.jpg

IMG-3496.jpg

IMG-3498.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Astounding, one of the most impressive transformations on the forum.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi,
I've been using this thread to get an idea of what to expect when I get a 1500-2000 graft FUE from Dr Bisanga later this year.
I was just wondering about long term results and figured it'd be almost two years since you got your procedure.
How is your hair looking now?

1 hour ago, cg90 said:

Hi,
I've been using this thread to get an idea of what to expect when I get a 1500-2000 graft FUE from Dr Bisanga later this year.
I was just wondering about long term results and figured it'd be almost two years since you got your procedure.
How is your hair looking now?

OP updated the thread literally 7 days ago? 

• Haha 2

• Administrators

@BOW32 I was wondering if you had any other old wet hair pics, before your surgery?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:26 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

@BOW32 I was wondering if you had any other old wet hair pics, before your surgery?

Just the pre op ones at the start of this thread mate. 

On 1/14/2021 at 2:40 PM, familia said:

Hi,

Did doctor extract grafts using manual or motorised punch?

Motorised 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Sometimes when I need inspiration I come to this thread. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Sometimes when I need inspiration I come to this thread. 

Lol man fr this just gave me a pick me up sitting patiently at 4.5 months. Think I'm pretty similar to this guy and I hope I get something like this. Very strong donor so it doesnt surprise me with a gifted surgeon